Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
'16 Convertible SS 6MT's, why so rare? and 1SS vs. 2SS?

Waited too long with the 20% blood in the water, they are all getting snapped up. Other than leather and blind spot, what are the other differences between a 1 and 2SS? HUD? Is the stereo different? Any difference in the suspension?

Thanks,
Joel
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #2
2015 1LE SS

Drives: 2017 2SS
There's a 6MT 2SS Convertible at my dealer in Kelowna B.C. Canada.
2015 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Lots of interior niceties.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
To each their own, but when test driving Camaros- I found the 1ss to seem cheap on the interior compared to the 2ss. Leather makes a ton of difference in the feel and quality of the interior. 2ss also has HUD, lighted thresholds, the light show in doors-info-cupholders, seat position memory, heated and cooled seats, heated stearing wheel, reverse tilt mirrors... Probably other stuff I am not remembering at the moment as well. I think its worth the added cost personally. Beauty is, I really didn't pay any extra buying mine used (5k miles). Bought mine for as low as other's were selling 1ss for

Last edited by BowtieRocket; 10-07-2016 at 04:33 PM.
BowtieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
That's why I jumped on mine a couple weeks ago as soon as I ran across it and got the killer deal! I figured they were pretty hard to come by with a manual these days. Especially in my favorite color hyperblue!

I am coming from BMW's mostly and I don't mind the 1SS interior at all. Even the 2SS seems cheap to me compared to my M5, so I'd rather keep things simple and Spartan in my vert and save the $$. The leather is so inferior to the napa hides I am used to in BMW M cars. If anything I could see re-doing the seats in some nice quality leather but the factory leather in the 2SS is not much of an upgrade in my mind. the cloth seats in these are actually pretty good. So far I am digging it.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #6
JBinSD

Yep, I listened to my inner-demon's urging and committed to a '16 2SS in the bay area. I spent a couple weeks looking, and watching the '16's disappear, but realized the good ones are almost gone. will fly in and drive it home (San Diego) in a couple weeks, day after my birthday (yep, mid-lifer)
Old 10-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #7
77Z28

Drives: 2016 2SS A8, NPP, Mag ride
2SS does have updated audio / speakers.
77Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #8
JBinSD

Thanks, should I ask dealer to update for Android Auto before I get there? It has Nav, but I've heard Waze is good. I'm assuming I'll need to add a sub, Bloze has never really impressed me. And the rims, not a fan of the split-spoke. . . .
Old 10-07-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
Cruiter

Drives: 2016 H/R 2SS Convertible 6.2/Auto
My 3 week old 2SS A8 Vertte has Android Auto. It was built in May, but don't know when they started adding it. Waze as of now doesn't work with it, just 'Droid maps. But I'll keep it renewing every year after negotiating for a deal. I do like the GM Nav system, 1st got it in my '14 Vet Z51 coupe. If you have the Sirius weather/traffic subscription, it even changes the sky in the Nav to match sunny, cloudy, steady rain, or even lightening bolts for thunder storms. Separately there's even a weather map showing the radar image in your area of the country. It's pretty cool when you learn it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Thanks, should I ask dealer to update for Android Auto before I get there? It has Nav, but I've heard Waze is good. I'm assuming I'll need to add a sub, Bloze has never really impressed me. And the rims, not a fan of the split-spoke. . . .
Cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
JBinSD

cool, thanks, getting excited :-)
Old 10-07-2016, 10:12 PM   #11
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
cool, thanks, getting excited :-)
Congratulations! Owning a 6th gen Camaro is definitely something to be proud of. I hope all goes well when you receive the car.

Have a great weekend,
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:24 PM   #12
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
To each their own, but when test driving Camaros- I found the 1ss to seem cheap on the interior compared to the 2ss. Leather makes a ton of difference in the feel and quality of the interior. 2ss also has HUD, lighted thresholds, the light show in doors-info-cupholders, seat position memory, heated and cooled seats, heated stearing wheel, reverse tilt mirrors... Probably other stuff I am not remembering at the moment as well. I think its worth the added cost personally. Beauty is, I really didn't pay any extra buying mine used (5k miles). Bought mine for as low as other's were selling 1ss for
I hate leather seats but I like the look of the them. The only other leather differences besides the seats are the knee pads and interior trim which I replaced with leather ones. Makes a big difference.

I like the look of the leather seats but to pay 5k just for that isn't worth it.. I'm putting Sparco racing seats so it's a win win getting the 1SS for me. All my past cars had all the goodies with cooling/warming seats, homelink, memory, interior lighting, etc. and I never really used it

I do like the HUD but it was a tad blurry. If the creature comforts means a lot then def get the one 2SS.. In my case I don't really care much for them. But yeah, weigh out the stuff you really need and want OP.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #13
Juliannnt

Drives: Mosaic Black on Black. 2017 M6 2SS.
Honestly man I almost went with the 1ss as I thought 'Oh i can live without that stuff", but I'm very glad I coughed up the extra cash for the 2ss because the small things like the bose sound system, leather seats, even just the lighting and stuff make it feel so much more special. A lot of people say the extras aren't really worth the extra money, but in MY opinion they are. Biggest difference for me were the seats, the cloth is okaaaay, but the leather seats are SO SO SO nice.. Ultimately it's up to you and what you deem worth it. But yeah just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

EDIT: Just also wanted to say, no matter what you go with, its going to be a BADASS ride man haha.
Juliannnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 PM   #14
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Leather seats.com
Full leather kit with 2 tone and matching stitching is $1400. I'm sure the quality is better than the factory 2SS leather.
If you want leather. I may do that down the road.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote