Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
Zboy136

Drives: Red Hot 17 1LE
Huddle up, need info

Ok Ive had the 1LE now about 6 months and Im loving it, but I have 2 issues or concerns I wanted to see if you guys had any knowledge on.

1. With rev match on, it seems to blip the throttle upon up shifts..??? Most commonly from the 2-3. Anyone ever had this issue?

2. Didnt realize this car sits that much lower then my mustang and Ive scraped going into driveways, I know for certain its not the chin spoiler or side skirts from what I can tell, so does anyone know if there is a plastic covering under the engine that might be hitting, if not whats the lowest point towards the front of the car roughly between the front wheels.
Zboy136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
1. I don't have that up shift problem. Maybe you got too close to the lower gear (1st) on your way to the higher gear?

2. It's pretty nicely flushed down there around the engine if I remember correctly. I have no idea. Your side rockers are the lowest part... I think.

I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
Zboy136

Ty for those pics, I would bet money its that plastic shroud that is hitting, as for the shifting idk it started out of no where and seems to happen more. Maybe time for a dealer visit.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
If I remember correctly the lowest point is right in front of the wheels with the rubber deflectors. My 5th gen always rubs right there. I have not received my Gen6 1LE yet so I can't confirm that the Gen6 SS 1LE has these installed. I have highlighted the part in the photo.

*Note: Not sure if it is a 1LE (Pictured), I believe it is based on the brake package. Might not be since that brake package can be added on...
Attached Images

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
1LEs don't have those air deflectors on them because they're almost 1.5" lower than a standard SS.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
Zboy136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
1LEs don't have those air deflectors on them because they're almost 1.5" lower than a standard SS.

Ok that I had no clue
Old 11-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Mine rubs on the center forward air dam, or the trans-cooler shroud. Both sit about an inch lower than the rest of the car up there. But I don't think the SS 1LEs have those parts...all of my past cars usually rub/rubbed on those forward tire air deflectors...but if this one don't have any of those, either...

Next time you rub, on a driveway for example, if it's safe - get out and look at what's touching. I'm kind of curious!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Mine rubs on the center forward air dam, or the trans-cooler shroud. Both sit about an inch lower than the rest of the car up there. But I don't think the SS 1LEs have those parts...all of my past cars usually rub/rubbed on those forward tire air deflectors...but if this one don't have any of those, either...

Next time you rub, on a driveway for example, if it's safe - get out and look at what's touching. I'm kind of curious!
+1

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #9
Zboy136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

Its making me sick I cant stand the sound and it almost feels like your completely bottoming out...as in your rear wheels arent touching the ground.