Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS
Adjusting rear tail light - where is the bolt?

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
I decided I’ll fix my rear tail light warranty issue myself. I don’t want to leave my car for a night or two at the dealership body shop.

My rear right tail light is installed just slightly too tight to the body (bottom right corner is pressing against the paint), needs centering, and I’ll need to put just a tiny bit of touch up paint on a spot that it chipped.

Is there a diagram or YouTube vid showing how to adjust these? I’m assuming there’s one or two bolts that I could loosen? Main thing I want to avoid is assuming it’s straight forward, and snapping a wire/etc.

Don’t know about adjusting. You can probably YouTube SIXGEN OEM Smoked tail light install and I know Lethal has a video on it. I installed mine and it was a couple of nuts maybe three that were finger tight to remove them and by the studs going into holes or placement they automatically line themselves up so not sure on adjusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
There is no Adjusting bolt per say, but you can see if there is some wiggle room in the holes drilled thru the body.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
I decided I’ll fix my rear tail light warranty issue myself. I don’t want to leave my car for a night or two at the dealership body shop.

My rear right tail light is installed just slightly too tight to the body (bottom right corner is pressing against the paint), needs centering, and I’ll need to put just a tiny bit of touch up paint on a spot that it chipped.

Is there a diagram or YouTube vid showing how to adjust these? I’m assuming there’s one or two bolts that I could loosen? Main thing I want to avoid is assuming it’s straight forward, and snapping a wire/etc.
No built-in adjustment as already mentioned.

There are actually 5 mounting studs on each tail lamp housing, but only 3 have attachment nuts. The other two studs have orange caps which you could leave off to see if that adds to the wiggle room with the loosened nuts.

Also, if the above does not work, you could pull the housing and elongate the holes with a file or dremel to gain some wiggle room.

The push-pins that hold those carpeted panels in place can be challenging to remove. I suggest you have a few replacements on hand (1/4" hole, ~3/4" long).

Good luck with it.

--KLG--
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote