Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #15
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
If one "custom" orders a car after the initial MY, say 2 or 3 years into the production, and it's not a limited production thing like a Z28 or ZL1 but just an SS, will a dealer still expect MSRP? Or does price negotiating power actually go up because the dealer will not have to have the car in his inventory for any length of time?

Is there a certain time of year that gives the best price advantage? Like when the dealer is trying to close out a MY or get some final sales on the books for the fiscal/calendar year?
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #16
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
If one "custom" orders a car after the initial MY, say 2 or 3 years into the production, and it's not a limited production thing like a Z28 or ZL1 but just an SS, will a dealer still expect MSRP? Or does price negotiating power actually go up because the dealer will not have to have the car in his inventory for any length of time?

Is there a certain time of year that gives the best price advantage? Like when the dealer is trying to close out a MY or get some final sales on the books for the fiscal/calendar year?
I didn't know ZL1 and Z28 were limited production. If you go and order one, they will fulfill it as far as I know.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #17
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post

'custom' ordered cars are price exactly the same as any other car, and are subject to the same discounts/negotiations as any other car.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #18
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
The only advice I can add is. When I ordered mine I started the ball rolling on finance once I had a VIN. I knew when the car was built before the dealer. I contacted my salesman and He verified the car was built and the dealer invoiced for the car. I immediately called my credit union. Then I received a letter stating I had a loan to finance the car.

This was handy as the car came in a little earlier than expected and I wasn't ready to take delivery just yet. If I had not had that letter the dealer would have sold my car to another person for $7k over MSRP.

This was back when people were waiting on orders for months and finding one was rare. ABMs were even more rare. Dealers were scalping Camaros for $5k to $10k over MSRP around here. The contract I had on the car was GMS pricing which was hard to get back then as we'll.

If I had not been proactive on following the order and arranging the finance ahead of time I would have lost the car and missed out on something special that was made for me.