Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #15
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
These guys are right up the street from me. Some of those are NASTY!

https://www.rubitrux.com/
You think they'd put in a 6 speed stick for me if I brought them a stock Wrangler with the 392 from the factory?
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:41 AM   #16
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I'm dying to try the Wrangler with that 392 in it.
x100
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #17
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
i am sure many of these cars will be fore sale for cheap soon once gas prices go way up.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #18
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
i am sure many of these cars will be fore sale for cheap soon once gas prices go way up.
If you can afford these you don’t care about gas prices.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #19
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Yeah the SCATs are nice. Must have with the A8 though. I have had three of them. 2 A8 SCAT challengers and an A8 Daytona 392. They are tire scorching monsters in a straight line. True muscle cars. The Camaro would be a sports car in my opinion. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The camaro is razer sharp but lacks comfort. The SCAT is a limo in comparison. The real winner for a fun DD. But thats about all it has. They are expensive to mod, moreso than corvettes and they have a very low ceiling for power with their glass internals for the 392 at least. The Hellcats are a totally different story.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:25 PM   #20
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Yeah the SCATs are nice. Must have with the A8 though.
Yeah I know autos are the fastest but there’s still nothing like 3 pedals and a stick to row your own gears, especially in a muscle car.

For me it’s manual or nothing.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:54 PM   #21
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
I’ve driven both as rentals many many times. I found the 5.7 HEMI to be a lot like the old 5.7L LT1. Really moves off the line but a dog at highway speeds. Even though, it’s still a mid to high 13s car. I could see a V6 Camaro keeping up with the 5.7 HEMI at highway speeds but would get crushed off the line. The 6.4L HEMI is a totally different beast. Has power everywhere and would be a drivers race with a 6.2L LT1 powered Camaro. The 6.4L is a fantastic engine, just a shame it’ll never be used in a vehicle under 4,000lb’s.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:16 AM   #22
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
I’ve driven both as rentals many many times. I found the 5.7 HEMI to be a lot like the old 5.7L LT1. Really moves off the line but a dog at highway speeds. Even though, it’s still a mid to high 13s car. I could see a V6 Camaro keeping up with the 5.7 HEMI at highway speeds but would get crushed off the line. The 6.4L HEMI is a totally different beast. Has power everywhere and would be a drivers race with a 6.2L LT1 powered Camaro. The 6.4L is a fantastic engine, just a shame it’ll never be used in a vehicle under 4,000lb’s.

I posted another thread about the Hellcat and most getting slower times on youtube.

Scatpack would be my second choice if I could not get an SS, but from what everyone on here says who has driven Scatpacks and owned them they said the SS is overall a better car.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:52 AM   #23
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Scatpack would be my second choice if I could not get an SS, but from what everyone on here says who has driven Scatpacks and owned them they said the SS is overall a better car.
The Scat Pack is a much better daily driver but the Camaro is a much better sports car. It really comes down to preference and your individual needs.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:58 AM   #24
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
The Scat Pack is a much better daily driver but the Camaro is a much better sports car. It really comes down to preference and your individual needs.

Daily driver, especially the Charger Scatpack certainly is. The Challenger has blind spots too though.

If I'm buying a Challenger Scat Pack it's for speed, not comfort. If it was for comfort I'd get the Charger.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:15 AM   #25
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Yeah I know autos are the fastest but there’s still nothing like 3 pedals and a stick to row your own gears, especially in a muscle car.

For me it’s manual or nothing.
I've driven the 392 Challenger. The stick is the way to go. The auto is boring unless you just slam it to the flo' all the time. The stick is fun going slow or fast.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 03-10-2021 at 03:18 AM. Reason: k
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:59 AM   #26
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I would love a 392 in a Miata size car. I don't like big boats for cars. Not sure why they never did offer any real HP in one of them small cars.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:50 PM   #27
Kemo Savy
Banned

Drives: Make it a 6 speed in SS trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
I would love a 392 in a Miata size car. I don't like big boats for cars. Not sure why they never did offer any real HP in one of them small cars.

A miata would handle like a Boat Anchor with a 392 in it.
Kemo Savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #28
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Yeah the SCATs are nice. Must have with the A8 though. I have had three of them. 2 A8 SCAT challengers and an A8 Daytona 392. They are tire scorching monsters in a straight line. True muscle cars. The Camaro would be a sports car in my opinion. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The camaro is razer sharp but lacks comfort. The SCAT is a limo in comparison. The real winner for a fun DD. But thats about all it has. They are expensive to mod, moreso than corvettes and they have a very low ceiling for power with their glass internals for the 392 at least. The Hellcats are a totally different story.
If you have to have an automatic in a muscle car to make it great - it ain't great.

But to your point - the Dodge Brother's "muscle" cars are one trick ponies that are not even really good at that. And I am a big fan of FCA.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote