Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Should there be a design difference for all 3 cars?
Yes 50 56.82%
No 29 32.95%
Not sure 9 10.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Spot The Difference

On the 5th Gen you could easily spot the difference between the LS, LT and SS in a parking lot. With the 6th Gen there is only the LT and SS now, but there are 3 powerplants.

You can still tell the LT from the SS but you can't tell the V6 from the I4T. I know that the SS lovers won't care but the V6ers most likely will. I know I do, and don't say "you should get the SS then" because that is not the point.

The point is that GM built 3 cars but only designed 2 what are your thoughts?

So here is the question should there be a design difference for all 3 cars?
Old 05-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I don't think it really should matter, personally I think the front end of the v6 and t4 look really good, much better than how the v6 front on the 5th gen looked compared to the ss front end. People should just be happy they are getting a car that looks great in all trims, but I'm sure there will be who think the v6 and t4 should look different.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Why does stuff like this matter to people? (I'm actually curious to know)

If GM is treating the 3.6 as an option, then no, it does not need unique identifiers any more than navigation does. The only option that gets unique identifiers is the RS package, and that's because it's an appearance package.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
You could slap V6 badges on.

For 2.0T models, Chevrolet has Turbo badges from Malibu/Sonic...

Old 05-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
ardailsmith

RS badge only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post

If GM is treating the 3.6 as an option, then no, it does not need unique identifiers any more than navigation does. The only option that gets unique identifiers is the RS package, and that's because it's an appearance package.
In answer to your comment, If GM used the SS body style for all the camaros and did not put the SS badge on any of them while making the only external difference the RS badge letting people know that you have the RS package. I am sure that the SS crowd would be upset.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #6
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
In answer to your comment, If GM used the SS body style for all the camaros and did not put the SS badge on any of them while making the only external difference the RS badge letting people know that you have the RS package. I am sure that the SS crowd would be upset.
Thanks for the reply. I would be fine with the SS Camaros looking just like the LT Camaros, which is why I don't understand the fuss.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #7
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:

It matters because those of us who decided to get the more expensive and faster car with more options want to be different from the lower end models. It's like a exclusivity thing, we pay more so we want to be treated better to suppliment our investment.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:57 PM   #8
99z

Drives: 1999 z28 Auto T-top
I guess the fog light orientation will tell you if it's a SS (Horizontal) versus the v6 or turbo 4 (Vertical). Don't know how to tell the V6 from the turbo 4 yet.
99z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
CmeltoN91

Drives: 13 Elantra Coupe(not for long!)
I wonder if they will do a RS/SS like the current gen? And if so,will it be a clear difference or just subtle appearance changes??
CmeltoN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #10
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
It matters because those of us who decided to get the more expensive and faster car with more options want to be different from the lower end models. It's like a exclusivity thing, we pay more so we want to be treated better to suppliment our investment.
So then get the SS. Then people will know you got the one right below the Z model. Lol
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
ardailsmith

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I would be fine with the SS Camaros looking just like the LT Camaros, which is why I don't understand the fuss.
LOL, You should pop over to CAMARO5 and search the threads where LS and LT owners started putting SS front ends and badging on their cars. After reading the replies from the SS owners. Some SS owners got so mad I thought that their heads were about to fly off.

It bugged them because they spent so much money to get the SS that they did not want someone asking "What's under the hood a V6". I understand that, I have a 5th Gen LFX and I respect the owners that have SS's.

If I wanted my Camaro to look like the SS then I should have bought the SS.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #12
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Owners will know.

19 vs 20 inch rims
different spoiler
different front clip - grills are different
LED strips in front are vertical vs horizontal
the sound
Old 05-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #13
ardailsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Owners will know.

19 vs 20 inch rims
different spoiler
different front clip - grills are different
LED strips in front are vertical vs horizontal
the sound

Not from the V6 to the I4T. Your pointing out the difference between the SS and the LT. If you get the RS package on the LT you will get the 20 inch rims. The other items that you list are exclusive to the SS.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #14
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
Not from the V6 to the I4T. Your pointing out the difference between the SS and the LT. If you get the RS package on the LT you will get the 20 inch rims. The other items that you list are exclusive to the SS.
Oh, I guess I missed the point, but yes all what you say is true.

Buy an SS and don't worry about it

Tags
5th gen, 6th gen