Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #29
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1996 View Post
When do you guys think the next generation of Camaro (gen 7) will be announced ?
Announced or first spied?

Announced? May 2019

Spied: December-ish 2017.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #30
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Where is the Mid-cycle refresh?
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #31
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1996 View Post
When do you guys think the next generation of Camaro (gen 7) will be announced ?
We already knew that gen 6 was going to have a much shorter life than gen 5. The Mustang is also having a very, very minor refresh (far less noticeable than the one in 2010) for 2018 before they plan to launch a 7th gen in 2020. If Chevy follows suit, they may have an impending minor refresh as well and the 7th gen Camaro shouldn't be too far out. I think it's decently safe to say that we're probably going to get our first glimpse at either a refresh or 7th gen within the next calendar year.

Nobody's even brought it up yet, but maybe the Z/28 will even user in some of those refresh characteristics that will get pushed down to the rest of the 2018 lineup. After all, in the 5th gen, Chevy opted to maintain an original gen 5 front for the ZL1 but a gen "5.5" (refresh) front for the Z/28 to help differentiate them a bit. I could see them doing the same for this 2nd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hell, early on in development, the 6th gen had an eAssist model under consideration.
I'm not totally surprised. They may have delayed it, but both Camaro and Mustang need at least some hybridized offering for both their respective next gen cars just to scratch the surface of CAFE even though I still think they won't meet it. They don't necessarily have to have massive battery packs or have any pure electric range, but as you said, electronic assist.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote