Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #1
shrubby

Drives: 16' Black³ / 18' ZL1 1LE
Worst luck

Started to change my rotors and pads when I realized my torque wrench wouldn't fit on the caliper bolts when I'd have to put it back on. Decided to take it to a shop I've had real good luck with to have them do the pads.

Picked up the car and all was good. Nice good bite on the new pads. Got home and walked around the car and noticed this.

With a big hunk of grease sticking out of it

The shop was closed when I noticed it. I can't remember ever having been this mad. They had to know they did it, damn.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:16 AM   #2
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Time to raise hell

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:04 AM   #3
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Let me guess, the grease line runs down from the ceiling in the shop and before they brought your car in, they forgot to retract it? My truck got a new windshield due to this scenario...
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:29 AM   #4
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
You should have done it yourself. I've literally done thousands of brake jobs and have never used a torque wrench.
That sucks though. I'd be pissed as well.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:55 AM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I wish you were allowed to punch dumb F#$cks in the mouth.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Damn man, that sucks.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:29 AM   #7
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
Oh gosh that sucks, you got the 2K dollar wheel option too. Nobody will take care of your stuff like you will, I found that out the hard way many years ago. Good luck on on getting it taken care of.

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
KyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:52 AM   #8
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
A garage damaged my 454SS one time. When I showed the owner the chip in the door his immediate response was "We didn't do that"

I hate people.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:53 AM   #9
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
I'd be pissed too. You said you've been to that shop before, so call them first thing today and give them a chance to make it right.

One time, one of our guys tripped and ended up putting a good scratch in a customers car about 5 minutes before they were supposed to pick it up. My husband explained what happened, offered to either keep the car another day and fix or they could bring it back at their convienence and we'd fix, also knocked some $ off the original work for their trouble. This was a couple years ago and now that guy is a regular customer and he refers a ton of people our way.

Hope it works out for you. Good luck.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #10
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
A garage damaged my 454SS one time. When I showed the owner the chip in the door his immediate response was "We didn't do that"

I hate people.
That is why I always make a service department do a walk around and sign off on existing damage and condition. Some dealerships do that own there own.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:03 AM   #11
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
I'd be pissed too. You said you've been to that shop before, so call them first thing today and give them a chance to make it right.

One time, one of our guys tripped and ended up putting a good scratch in a customers car about 5 minutes before they were supposed to pick it up. My husband explained what happened, offered to either keep the car another day and fix or they could bring it back at their convienence and we'd fix, also knocked some $ off the original work for their trouble. This was a couple years ago and now that guy is a regular customer and he refers a ton of people our way.

That's because you took ownership of the problem and accepted responsibility for it. Too bad there aren't more folks who do.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #12
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post

That is what honest and reputable shops do and I applaud you.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:37 AM   #13
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That is why I always make a service department do a walk around and sign off on existing damage and condition. Some dealerships do that own there own.
One time when I was having a new set of tires mounted, I pulled infront of the shop just before the work was to be done and took photos showing the condition of all 4 of my rims with their storefront in the background. A manager immediately came out and explained to me that they cannot be held responsible for any damage to my wheels because they do not typically handle low profile tires. He stated they do not have the proper plastic-tipped mounting equipment and that I could expect my powder coating to get marred up.

The funny thing is that I originally pulled into this shop a few days earlier asking about a tire patch because I ran over a nail and needed a quick fix. I had no intention at the time to have them do anything more complex than this, but the person at the front desk kept insisting that they were capable of doing the work once he deemed that my tires were too worn and needed to be replaced. At his suggestion, and with some hesitance on my part, I had my new tires shipped to their shop via Tire Rack.

I asked the service manager why they were originally so insistent on doing this work if they aren't capable of doing it nor had the proper equipment. I remained totally calm and kept asking him "so how are you going to remedy this situation for me, since you're primarily responsible for putting me in it?" I explained that I did not feel comfortable transporting my tires one at a time to a new shop when my car was already barely limping by on a can of fix-a-flat. After a while, I got them to agree to load them in a truck for me and drive them to a much more reputable Discount Tire shop 1 mile down the road. That new shop ended up handled the mounting without a single problem and were significantly more courteous and confident.

It's amazingly scary how people's willingness to accept liability and quality of work changes to drastically when you have photographic evidence of how your car looked before it entered their shop.

Last edited by RenegadeXR; 08-24-2016 at 09:25 AM.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:39 AM   #14
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote