Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

B&M Racing

Old 02-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
STATRA

Drives: '17 Camaro SS Convertible
Dual mode exhaust vs. factory performance exhaust option?

Any experience with the $1195 factory performance exhaust option on the 16/17 SS? If so, how does it compare to the dual mode? Who makes the performance exhaust? Is it really GM or is it a rebranded Borla, MagnaFlow, etc? Thanks!
STATRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I'm not sure. Asked the dealer this when purchasing my car and he said is was for non NPP camaros only. Would like clarity on this as well. The website lets you add it on while already having NPP equipped, so it must be an upgrade over the NPP?
PackersFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
The GM PP exhaust is made by Borla. Here's info from the camaro factory fest earlier this year - I spoke to one of the engineers working on intake & exhaust:

GM PP exhaust: He indicated from a flow standpoint, the GM PP (Borla) muffler is in between the base exhaust and NPP exhaust. Neither NPP or the GM PP exhaust provide any significant gain in power - not enough for them to advertise any power benefit. They will instead be advertising the pressure drop benefit. If all you care about is power, stick with the stock exhaust as you will not gain any power with the other two options.

NPP exhaust: Has special tuning to inject small quantities of fuel on decels to cause the crackle and pop sound. This was Al's request. He did not believe the standard exhaust had this. I agree it sounds cool, but would really prefer to have the option to turn off that feature.
vtirocz is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust