Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #57
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsZ28 View Post
Agreed. =D I would have no reason to have created this post if we had both understood I was paying up front, waiting months is not uncommon, and i still chose to stick to this order. I assumed a couple weeks was a reasonable "delay", I mean it is 2017 and drop shipping is nothing new. A couple weeks would give him time to process the full paying customers and get time to fill the discounted orders when there is down time.
I don't think the issue is with wait-times per-say. I think it's the:

"Only a couple weeks..."
"2 more days..."
..and the continuous comments of delivery time fabrication.

They should state on the website they have no clue when you'll get your order. Could be next week - could be 6 months and if you don't call and badger us you may never get your order....

Either way I've learned my lesson and I continue to steer others in another direction if they ask. There are so many other vendors on here working towards customer satisfaction vs. pocketing your money and hoping you forget about your order.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
Old 12-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #58
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
There are so many great vendors on this forum, they're gonna have to get their stuff together if they want to be able to compete.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #59
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
I don't think the issue is with wait-times per-say. I think it's the:

"Only a couple weeks..."
"2 more days..."
..and the continuous comments of delivery time fabrication.

They should state on the website they have no clue when you'll get your order. Could be next week - could be 6 months and if you don't call and badger us you may never get your order....

Either way I've learned my lesson and I continue to steer others in another direction if they ask. There are so many other vendors on here working towards customer satisfaction vs. pocketing your money and hoping you forget about your order.
We work to make everyone happy. The issue is, people want a huge discount. We do that, with the cavet agreed to at checkout there is no promised delivery date. You have to agreed to this to order, and it is in our signature here even.

The problem is, people agree to it, get the discount, then decide they want to back out because "They will pay more to get it faster" now. However that is pay someone else to get it faster, not us.

Quote:
Discount Policy-

While our website already offers great sale pricing, in many cases we may offer additional package or promotional discounts beyond the standard website sale price. We pride ourselves on having the best price, and want to give you the best deals possible. These discounts may be offered on the phone, or through the chat feature of the website as a coupon code.

When we offer these additional package discounts, delivery time WILL be impacted in many cases. As we discount more, where and how we can source the parts for your order is impacted. For instance a 10% discount on a part can eliminate many of the suppliers we can source the part from on price alone. Or for another example, you may be offered a discount because we have a stock order coming in with that part and we got an extra discount. The order may not ship until that stock order gets here rather than being dropshipped as a one off from a wholesaler.

If you need the part by a certain time, PLEASE STOP THE PURCHASE PROCESS NOW and discuss it with the sales rep who is offering you the discount. It is the customers responsibility to communicate any time delivery time needs at the time of purchase as it impacts how much of a discount we can give. In order to keep prices low, we do not cancel orders, or accept non defective returns on orders with additional discounts beyond website sale price. While most orders ship in days or a few weeks, there are remote cases where parts are made to order, delayed, or come from overseas. It is VERY unusal, but some discounted orders can take 2-3 months or more. If this a concern, please tell us up front.

By accepting the discount, you agree to these terms along with our no cancelations policy.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:35 AM   #60
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
We work to make everyone happy. The issue is, people want a huge discount. We do that, with the cavet agreed to at checkout there is no promised delivery date. You have to agreed to this to order, and it is in our signature here even.

The problem is, people agree to it, get the discount, then decide they want to back out because "They will pay more to get it faster" now. However that is pay someone else to get it faster, not us.
Then that's what you need to tell people when they call or e-mail with an order inquiry.

Customer: "When will my order be delivered?"
MS: "We don't know."

People will be much happier. Especially if you were to explain this up front.

The other topic is cancellation of orders. Although your company might have policies about cancellations they seem to conflict with consumers rights and the law. In many cases you appear to hide behind your policy but its apparent this has not protected you from consumer rights especially when credit card companies become involved. Bottom-line if your going to be legit you gotta let people out vs. us contacting the cc company.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI

Last edited by reeper; 12-18-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #61
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
MS,

As a former web designer(although a very poor one at that) and former business owner , It might be worth it to slide a "I accept the terms of shipping" page (click the check box with the paragraph you posted above) right before confirming the purchase and sending the CC info.

If its clearly outlined NO ONE can bitch that they didn't understand the terms as they agreed to them before the purchase. From a technical standpoint, I think this might alleviate some of the expectations people have. I actually think its a good business model you have because it sets you apart from the rest. Its hard to make it in business with out having a niche.

Maybe weekly or bi-weekly updates sent by one of your staff on pending orders could also help alleviate some fears by customers.

Just my .02, although they are worth about only that
Old 12-18-2017, 11:28 PM   #62
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So if I go on their site and say I want to order headers and have them in a normal time frame (say three to five days), I can pick that option ,or I pick a discount code or some button to get the awesome price and have no idea what year I'll ever see them? What's to keep them from taking the full price option orders and making them wait because they are trying to lump them into what ever deal they are putting together to pay less. This would make the company even more profit. This all seems very confusing. I can see why there are many complaints. Hell people these days find things to complain about when you do exactly what you say.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:54 AM   #63
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

It is there. The link itself says discounted orders are not cancelable, and the text links to the below terms in our link. Then after you order, most of the time it's on the invoice also. Phone orders, we email everything to people and tell them to contact us in 24 hours if they have issues. We do not hide the terms. We want customers who are fine with them..not going to become issues as soon as money changes hands.

The problem is, people see this never ending thread here, and it is easier to complain and trash us rather than realizing we are doing exactly what we agreed to at checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
MS,

As a former web designer(although a very poor one at that) and former business owner , It might be worth it to slide a "I accept the terms of shipping" page (click the check box with the paragraph you posted above) right before confirming the purchase and sending the CC info.

If its clearly outlined NO ONE can bitch that they didn't understand the terms as they agreed to them before the purchase. From a technical standpoint, I think this might alleviate some of the expectations people have. I actually think its a good business model you have because it sets you apart from the rest. Its hard to make it in business with out having a niche.

Maybe weekly or bi-weekly updates sent by one of your staff on pending orders could also help alleviate some fears by customers.

Just my .02, although they are worth about only that
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2017, 01:00 AM   #64
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So if I go on their site and say I want to order headers and have them in a normal time frame (say three to five days), I can pick that option ,or I pick a discount code or some button to get the awesome price and have no idea what year I'll ever see them? What's to keep them from taking the full price option orders and making them wait because they are trying to lump them into what ever deal they are putting together to pay less. This would make the company even more profit. This all seems very confusing. I can see why there are many complaints. Hell people these days find things to complain about when you do exactly what you say.
If you pay website price, we can use all of our 10 wholesalers plus the manufacturer. Often someone has it in stock, and it can ship immediately (if not coated headers or something). If you get a big discount, most of the time you are paying what that wholesaler charges us (or less). So now I only have 1-2 places and have to wait. The whole waiting years thing is not a real thing.

The main issue is, a lot of the stuff is Minimum advertised price controlled. Our website price is often the same as summit, jegs, or anyone else here. And to bat, Amazon is often less because the manufacturers can't impose their will on them and get them to comply with MAP. For instance, right now, if I list a Diablo Tuner under MAP, I would be put on Holley's (who owns Diablo) do not sell list in like a day. Then I could not buy any Holley brand for breaking MAP. However if you go on Amazon, there is Amazon it self, plus 50 or 3rd party sellers selling under minimum advertised price using fake names.

That is why we have turned into this call us for a big discount game. People don't pay the website price because Amazon gets away with breaking the rules and is always cheaper.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:40 AM   #65
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
If you pay website price, we can use all of our 10 wholesalers plus the manufacturer. Often someone has it in stock, and it can ship immediately (if not coated headers or something). If you get a big discount, most of the time you are paying what that wholesaler charges us (or less). So now I only have 1-2 places and have to wait. The whole waiting years thing is not a real thing.

The main issue is, a lot of the stuff is Minimum advertised price controlled. Our website price is often the same as summit, jegs, or anyone else here. And to bat, Amazon is often less because the manufacturers can't impose their will on them and get them to comply with MAP. For instance, right now, if I list a Diablo Tuner under MAP, I would be put on Holley's (who owns Diablo) do not sell list in like a day. Then I could not buy any Holley brand for breaking MAP. However if you go on Amazon, there is Amazon it self, plus 50 or 3rd party sellers selling under minimum advertised price using fake names.

That is why we have turned into this call us for a big discount game. People don't pay the website price because Amazon gets away with breaking the rules and is always cheaper.
Wow! I feel for you, and i dont know how you handle it all. I guess all you can do is to be completely blunt with people and say "I have no real idea when your parts will be here ,but you are getting a very good price to wait." I know you want to give someone an answer when they call, but it sounds like the trouble you are running into is telling them what they want to hear rather than telling them that you really can't say when it will be in. Im in a serviced based business too, and I understand dealing with the public. Most will appreciate just giving it to them straight. At least then when you get someone that isnt happy you can remind them that they signed up for the unknown when they excepted your deal.

Maybe excepting half down on these special deals that are basically speacial order items would help. Set a policy of half down on discount items with forfeiture of that down money if someone backs out becuase they are tired of waiting. To me they need to be held accountable for not holding up their end of the deal, which was agreeing to waiting until parts come in in order to receive a great price, when they back out. You are obviously putting special deals together to receive a better price which means you could get stuck with inventory if someone backs out. The big thing is that you make no assumption on the time it will take for a part to come. That is what is getting you in trouble.

This has been interesting reading ,and I wish all parties involved the best. Remember everyone, there is always two sides to every story with the truth somewhere in the middle.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #66
reeper

Quote:
The problem is, people see this never ending thread here, and it is easier to complain and trash us rather than realizing we are doing exactly what we agreed to at checkout.
I think we complain and trash due to being lied to. This was pulled directly from the better business bureau site:

Review
Do not purchase from this company. They are deceptive and will give you several excuses why they are not delivering what you ordered(they take your funds as soon as you click that order button and then never deliver the product). I came across their website doing a google search for an exhaust for my Jeep SRT, while searching a chat window pops up from a "Brandon" stating if I order in next 15 minutes I would get a discount. I advised I need it in the next 3 weeks as I would be leaving the country, he stated "shouldnt be a problem". I decide to order(shame on me for not researching further about the company, car forums are loaded with negative reviews). 3 weeks come and go. After 4 weeks I ask to cancel and was advised it cant be canceled as it is currently at the coaters(they were to coat it black). At the 6 week mark I again ask about progress and receive a response "Its on its way to being coated" from a different individual..........I responded and said I was told that 2 weeks ago, they state the original was damaged during shipping(this is a common theme in other forums). Long story short, after 3 months I had to get my money back via CC dispute.

If you read through the complaints it appears lying to people is part of your business plan bud. Also to note a number of complaints have come in thru November and your rating is slipping. I'm just happy we can keep this at the top of this forum to warn others
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 12-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #67
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think we complain and trash due to being lied to. This was pulled directly from the better business bureau site:

Review
Do not purchase from this company. They are deceptive and will give you several excuses why they are not delivering what you ordered(they take your funds as soon as you click that order button and then never deliver the product). I came across their website doing a google search for an exhaust for my Jeep SRT, while searching a chat window pops up from a "Brandon" stating if I order in next 15 minutes I would get a discount. I advised I need it in the next 3 weeks as I would be leaving the country, he stated "shouldnt be a problem". I decide to order(shame on me for not researching further about the company, car forums are loaded with negative reviews). 3 weeks come and go. After 4 weeks I ask to cancel and was advised it cant be canceled as it is currently at the coaters(they were to coat it black). At the 6 week mark I again ask about progress and receive a response "Its on its way to being coated" from a different individual..........I responded and said I was told that 2 weeks ago, they state the original was damaged during shipping(this is a common theme in other forums). Long story short, after 3 months I had to get my money back via CC dispute.

If you read through the complaints it appears lying to people is part of your business plan bud. Also to note a number of complaints have come in thru November and your rating is slipping. I'm just happy we can keep this at the top of this forum to warn others
We had an issue with the black coated Borla's we were doing (and we are the only one to do). We sell the Borla axlebacks for the 2012+ Cherokee SRT black ceramic coated.

Borla changed how the tips were finished and the coating was not bonding (after 3 years of selling with no issue). The coater thought it was a simple fix. However it was not, and we had to change to a different coater. In this, we had several exhausts in flux because we did not want to release anything potentially defective. This exhaust requires cutting the OEM mufflers off..so if the coating fails..and they have to send it back, they have no mufflers.

We had to change coaters to a different one who sold a coating that worked with the new finish. We then had to install on 1-2 trucks and make sure it worked.

That said, our order terms are clear. Basically...anything coated, or discounted DOES NOT have a promised delivery date. What happens though is customer bug the hell out of you for ship dates, so you give them best guesses. When they get missed however, then it turns into YOU LIED TO ME!...when again..reality is, you never had a promised delivery date.

This is one of my favorite traps.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #68
reeper

Quote:

That said, our order terms are clear. Basically...anything coated, or discounted DOES NOT have a promised delivery date. What happens though is customer bug the hell out of you for ship dates, so you give them best guesses. When they get missed however, then it turns into YOU LIED TO ME!...when again..reality is, you never had a promised delivery date.

Brandon,
Thank you for responding to this in the way that you did. Lets take a look:

1) There is ALWAYS an excuse on your part. ALWAYS...
2) Its obvious when you speak with people on the phone you promise a fictitious delivery date and than when that date cannot be met you hide behind 'your policy' and boohoo everyone is beating up poor Brandon. Lets be perfectly clear this is lying plain and simple. Your trying to close a deal so you lie. You say whatever it takes to close.
3)
Quote:
nough said....

Please keep responding so we can keep this thread at the top.

I love it when people hang themselves.....
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 12-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #69
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Brandon,
Thank you for responding to this in the way that you did. Lets take a look:

1) There is ALWAYS an excuse on your part. ALWAYS...
2) Its obvious when you speak with people on the phone you promise a fictitious delivery date and than when that date cannot be met you hide behind 'your policy' and boohoo everyone is beating up poor Brandon. Lets be perfectly clear this is lying plain and simple. Your trying to close a deal so you lie. You say whatever it takes to close.
3) nough said....

Please keep responding so we can keep this thread at the top.

I love it when people hang themselves.....
So giving someone an estimate is lying.....
Old 12-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #70
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
So giving someone an estimate is lying.....
Perhaps not. But telling someone after two months that, "there's no way it'll be another two months" and providing no product after 17 weeks, after initially quoting me "about 30 days" would probably constitute as a lie.

Closed Thread