Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #15
FragMagnet

Drives: 2017 Convertible Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarshav View Post
So that looks like the female connector that the factor speaker wire plugs into, I still need the male connector that goes into the speaker so I can connect the rear speaker back up. Do you know what the male connector PN is?
Sorry I don't. I just checked the Metra site, and couldn't see the male counterpart. It's listed as a 1998 and up Ford part, but that's the one Crutchfield supplied to me, and they worked on all the speakers.
FragMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #16
avarshav

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE 6M, 2019 GMC Canyon SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragMagnet View Post
Sorry I don't. I just checked the Metra site, and couldn't see the male counterpart. It's listed as a 1998 and up Ford part, but that's the one Crutchfield supplied to me, and they worked on all the speakers.

Think I found it, the corresponding mating connector to that one is GM part 19179953. I haven't bought it yet, so I don't know how it attaches to the wire, if anything else is needed like a pin on the end of the wire. I think with those 2 connectors, I can make a custom harness to tap into your rear side speakers without splicing a single factory wire, which is what I'm after. I'm in no hurry to do the job, I figure I'll wait till it warms up, so it will be a spring/summer project. I'll share the results here whenever I get done.

I'm really wondering if anyone can truly confirm if that rear side speaker, in a non bose, no amp, 1LE car, gets the full sound spectrum, or whether the bass is already filtered out for that speaker by a factory EQ?
avarshav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:57 PM   #17
FragMagnet

Quote:

I'm really wondering if anyone can truly confirm if that rear side speaker, in a non bose, no amp, 1LE car, gets the full sound spectrum, or whether the bass is already filtered out for that speaker by a factory EQ?
I read that in another thread on this site when researching my system. I tried feeding the sub from front and rear, but I really didn't notice a difference. Maybe because it's a convertible ?
Old 12-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #18
avarshav

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE 6M, 2019 GMC Canyon SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragMagnet View Post
I read that in another thread on this site when researching my system. I tried feeding the sub from front and rear, but I really didn't notice a difference. Maybe because it's a convertible ?

Which did you read, that it is filtered or not filtered? It seems I've been reading both opinions but nothing definitive. What did you wind up leaving feeding your sub, the front doors or the rear sides? I'd rather not try to snake cable into the doors to tap those speakers, the rear sides seems a lot easier to access. your non bose vert should have the same stereo setup as my 1LE.
avarshav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:47 AM   #19
FragMagnet

Quote:
Which did you read, that it is filtered or not filtered? It seems I've been reading both opinions but nothing definitive. What did you wind up leaving feeding your sub, the front doors or the rear sides? I'd rather not try to snake cable into the doors to tap those speakers, the rear sides seems a lot easier to access. your non bose vert should have the same stereo setup as my 1LE.
I read that it is filtered. I left it on the fronts, as it was the second one I tried.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #20
Josh42089

Drives: 19 Chevy Camaro LTa
How did you solve the anc issue? Do you have an amp or no? Mine doesn’t so I can’t disconnect from there.
Josh42089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:22 AM   #21
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh42089 View Post
How did you solve the anc issue? Do you have an amp or no? Mine doesn’t so I can’t disconnect from there.
I cant say if mine has ANC but there is only one mic in the driver side front pillar.

nonbose no amp here.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #22
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell99 View Post
Just a little information for those of you that want to add a subwoofer/amp to your stock non bose system.
I had read several threads and did several online searches to find some not so accurate information. First, my camaro has no amplifier, or no amplifier that I could locate therefore I could not use Steve at ********s awesome wiring harness for non bose systems with stock amp. I searched the trunk spare tire area as well as the trunk left and right panels. I pulled the rear quarter panel trims on each side of the back seat as well as the seat back and bottom.
In the spare tire area of the trunk was a fuse block and in that fuse block is a 30 amp fuse for an AMP. If there is an amp in my car it has to be in the front area of the car. So here is what I did and it was very easy.

1. Installed an AudioControl LC2i Line output converter. I T-Tapped into the rear left and rear right speaker lines and ran those speaker wires to the LC2i speaker level inputs. Hint (you do not have to remove the entire quater panels to reach and tap into the rear speaker lines. See Pics 1, 2 and 3 the key is to use the T-Taps..... no splicing or cutting the wires).

2. Installed an old Power Acoustik 4000 watt mono amplifier that I had ordered a long time ago and never used. The install of the amp was super easy since the battery on the camaro is in the back passenger side of the trunk. I removed the foam contraption that is in the spare tire area and installed both the amp and lc2i there. See pics 4, 5 and 6.

3. I purchase from Amazon the Uriveusa 12V Car Add-A-Circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Fuse Holder with 10A, 20A Fuse [Upgraded Fuses] - (2 Pack) (Micro2 Fuse). I unplugged fuse#55 the one that controls the radio and installed the add a circuit there. See pic 7. I had to slot the fuse box for the wire to run it to the LC2i. See pic 8.

4. Ordered 12" Solarbaric L7 sub and ported sub box from amazon (Ground Shaker) and installed through the back seat into position. See final pics of install.

Since you didn't have a factory amp, did you avoid the increased door chime issue altogether? It's not an issue for some, but I think it will be for me.
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote