Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #15
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
So the console selector to choose between tour and sport is not MRC?

I thought these are the same thing.

Every camaro I test drove had this
Thats a driving mode std on all camaros. MRC is very different.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #16
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Get it! Wish I did.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #17
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
I drove both non mrc and mrc equipped with my wife who has some minor back issues. I was buying a vehicle to drive with my family on occasion, so I was concerned about her comfort. I purchased with MRC due to the ride quality and ability to change it for my preference. I drive in Touring with her and Sport when just me. I can drive it from IL to MI without complaints (2-1/2hrs). Happy wife is a happy life :-)

Really depends on your situation I think.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:47 AM   #18
jeffnjacki

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Solar, I did get the MRC on my 2SS. My '13 did not have it (LS-V6), but it seemed to ride nicely. This 2SS is such a different creature from the LS, with power, etc. I am glad I have the MRC. Not sure if it makes a huge difference, but overall the car seems fantastic. I've had it since May '16, but only have 2250 miles so far, and experience is limited.
jeffnjacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #19
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
It has been said in some reviews that the fixed rate dampers give a better road feel. However the MRC is supposed to give a better ride.

Not sure most people would notice a difference either way TBH.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #20
BadBowtieProductions
Check me out on YouTube!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Drove one with and without, couldn't really tell much of a difference so it didn't matter to me as long as the car I found had the other things I wanted (2SS, A8, NGM, wheels). The one I bought does not have it, and I haven't regretted it for a second. It's pretty much the only option I don't have.

Another factor was that I knew I'd be voiding my warranty, so I didn't want to replace the MRC if something went wrong.
11.99 @ 117 - STOCK 1/4 mile
410 RWHP / 424 RWTQ - STOCK Dyno
---
YouTube Channel: BadBowtieProductions
BadBowtieProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #21
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
For non MRC cars - the selector adjusts steering effort, throttle response and exhaust mode (on dual mode exhaust equipped cars). A MRC equipped car does all of that and adds shock adjustment.

To the OP's question - I went non MRC and have no regrets. The ride is very good and the handling is excellent. I have no doubt that MRC would soften the ride on bad roads but I loose no sleep over not having it and saving the money instead. For what it is worth the Motor Trend drivers preferred the non MRC version for handling and track purposes.
Ditto here. I ordered mine without.........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:14 PM   #22
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
I have a non mrc ss, to me it drives great as is. When I test drive one with mrc
I didn't notice enough of a difference to justify the cost now and possible cost late when replacing.
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:18 PM   #23
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I got mine without. I'm planning to keep this car FOREVER or as long as I can. I tried to minimize the electronics (I only have NPP and wheels) and less things to go wrong in long term. I've never driven one with MRC but I'm perfectly happy with no MRC. You can't miss what you never experienced, I guess. lol. I was never into the luxury items when it comes to cars. I mainly focus on bang for the buck when I shop for cars. To me that means performance. But different people have different definition of bang for buck, those bangs may include things that I may consider as luxury items. It all depends on what you want.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #24
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
When I bought new. I'm happy I saved the money on it considering I wanted to go lower too.. So for me I'm glad I skipped it. BUT!!!! Its a great option its like driving a nice Audi or a corvette, the ride is so nice and cornering capability is amazing too.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #25
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
When I was getting ready to order mine I was really debating the MRC option. I had almost decided not to check the MRC box when the car I bought showed up at a local lot and it had MRC. I've not spent much time behind the wheel of a non-MRC Camaro, but I can tell you that the ride quality of my 2SS in Tour mode is amazing for a car with this level of performance capabilities. The ride, even over rough concrete highways, is smooth, quiet, and very comfortable. Switch to the Sport or Track modes and you can instantly feel the difference in how tight the suspension and even the steering gets. It is a lot of money, but I fully recommend checking the MRC box!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #26
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
I have it on both my Camaro and SS Sedan and love it. Definitely a worthwhile option.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #27
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I like it, but if you want to keep the car for a long time is is expensive to fix and one more thing to go wrong in a very complex car. I looked for and have it. But.... Second thoughts. The standard ride is not all that bad.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #28
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I like it, but if you want to keep the car for a long time is is expensive to fix and one more thing to go wrong in a very complex car. I looked for and have it. But.... Second thoughts. The standard ride is not all that bad.
I looked into MRC shock replacement costs, and they are not bad at all, so I got MRC on my 2SS.

OTOH, the first SS I drove was non-MRC and the ride and handling were very nice indeed, so if you don't want the flexibility, then non-MRC is fine.