Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Murda View Post
with the new Challenger SRT Hellcat and the rumored 750hp -3500lbs 2016 Gt500, are we EVER going to get a Camaro that can beat these cars?? i know GMs flagship is the Corvette but why does the Camaro now have to be behind the pack of cars that are in its class? as much as i love them, i WONT buy a new one until they produce a Camaro that can finally shut up all the Ford boys out there...
First off.....LOL that a 750HP 3,500 lb GT500 will ever exist. Not going to happen. I'm not saying Ford can't do 750HP, but it won't weigh less 200 lbs less than the base GT....it would take such engineering and expensive light weight materials that suddenly the Z/28 would seem cheap in comparison.

Next, 707 HP is cool, and impressive, and I'm not hating on the Dodge, but I could care less if the Camaro ever gets close to that number and I think most would agree.

Its just wrong that you say you won't buy any Camaro until Chevy produces one with more than 707HP. How does that help the cause at all? Thats just crazy son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
If by top dog you mean 708 hp I really doubt it. But as for overall performance and even sales Camaro remains top dog. A hp number doesn't change that IMO.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Put the currently announced 650 HP Z06 engine in an Alpha based Camaro at well under 4,000 pounds and I'm fairly certain the Hellcat is just a Meankitty.

Sorry, but "the best car" doesn't mean "the highest HP number" for me.
Right again...the Z06 engine in an alpha chassis Camaro...and goodbye kitty cat with with less HP.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #16
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
More HP is exciting to talk about, however it's not regularly usable like better handling and braking. Give me better handling and braking any day.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
MrBojangles528

Drives: 2014 2LT-RS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
i WONT buy a new one until they produce a Camaro that can finally shut up all the Ford boys out there...
Chevy can produce the nicest and fastest car in the world, but it's your duty to shut up the Mustang crowd
MrBojangles528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #18
C Murda

Drives: Camaros, BMWs, Cummins, Ninja
the reason i even mentioned HP is because lets face it if we are going to weigh more than the competition then we will need more! the 6th gen may be losing weight but honestly i dont believe it will be much when the car is produced. yes im all for handling and braking but these cars were MUSCLE cars meaning they were meant to run the 1/4. i KNOW GM went a different route with the 5th gen making it more comfortable and more of an autox car and yes the sales have been on top of Mustang since introduction but us die hard Camaro fans who know the cars roots want a car that will do the 1/4 and smoke the GT500 like it used to back in the day! the car is already awesome on road courses now lets lose some weight and up the ponies and get it to rape the competition at the strip! if GM can make this car come out on top in all categories IMAGINE the sales! and the bragging rights!!!
C Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
the reason i even mentioned HP is because lets face it if we are going to weigh more than the competition then we will need more! the 6th gen may be losing weight but honestly i dont believe it will be much when the car is produced. yes im all for handling and braking but these cars were MUSCLE cars meaning they were meant to run the 1/4. i KNOW GM went a different route with the 5th gen making it more comfortable and more of an autox car and yes the sales have been on top of Mustang since introduction but us die hard Camaro fans who know the cars roots want a car that will do the 1/4 and smoke the GT500 like it used to back in the day! the car is already awesome on road courses now lets lose some weight and up the ponies and get it to rape the competition at the strip! if GM can make this car come out on top in all categories IMAGINE the sales! and the bragging rights!!!
Even the 2014 V6 CTS VSport Premium versus the 2013 CTS Premium V6 saved 200lbs, and that's with twin turbos and an 8 speed automatic. The Camaro will weight the same as the Mustang and have more power. The Challenger isn't even a threat to either of them - at 707hp the Hellcat weighs a whopping 4400lbs+ and barely outruns the ZL1 in the 1/8 mile. Huge horsepower numbers are a moot point and just for bragging rights - no one actually cares because anyone that really wants a fast car is going to make it fast. Beyond that, the 2015 Mustang GT doesn't even have a legitimately improved 5.0. The LT1 sits at a comfortable 460/470, and that's going to be with the 7 speed manual and 8 speed automatic in the Camaro SS. Ford won't know what happened. And the HellStang is just a myth right now. Dodge will probably not bring anything to the table with the revived Barracuda anyway. The 6th gen Camaro will be ridiculous.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #20
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Bragging rights are nice but sales leader is what counts.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:33 AM   #21
Camaroboy14

Drives: 2002 camaro ss (sold)
So I'm just curious , will the 6th gen be able to compete with the 2015 challenger RT with the scat pak for under 40k ? The scat pak gives a motor upgrade from the 5.7 to the 6.4 one and it comes with a 8spd auto .. I really wanna know would the 6gen be a better deal then that ?? I really am considering getting myself one ha ha but also waiting to see the 6th gen first .
Old 09-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #22
16Camaroracer

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ss 2dr coupe
Bingo! That is most people main question.
Here's your claimed answer:
It may only be the zl1 or zr1 to beat this busters.
I hope the zl1 will get the zr1's engine.Otherwise its up to the Copo or They will protect Chevrolet's most powerful super/sport car.
But,we only need one that will beat that will be the best track car.
The Z28 (OR they end up saying Z38)
to track these cars.That's only what we need.
But,i have more.
But,today this is all your information.
16Camaroracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #23
16Camaroracer

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ss 2dr coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
considering the 2015 mustange GT weighs 3,700 pounds i find it difficult to believe the GT500 will weigh 200 pounds less.
as far as the Challenger remember something: The Z/28 just came out with unbelievable track capability. There's no way Dodge can compete with that. Their car is too heavy. As it was the ZL1 already had them beat. The only thing they could do was add more power. It's still a car that weighs.....4,449 pounds. Think about that number. The Camaro is lighter and The next generation Camaro will be lighter than that it is now. Even with a supercharged engine it will be lighter. So they don't need 700HP to be as fast. On top of that it will be an unbelievable handling car with Alpha underpinning it. The Camaro has and always will be more than a drag car.
Ya About 4,000 pounds still
Im thinking a estimate of 3,900 or 3,800 Pounds will make it really fast
16Camaroracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:42 AM   #24
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
This brand issue is kinda like voting. Some people just pull the party lever and some decide person by person. To win the election the person usually must pull people from the other party. The Camaro does that as the sales have proven. the current Camaro was a real punch in the face to Ford and Dodge with design and style. But To think HP or quickness doesn't matter is WRONG in my eyes. The new gen better be as Number 3's correct montra is make a great Camaro. I'd never thought we'd be at 700+ HP and blistering quarters in 2009 when the Camaro debuted. The counter punch better be fast, strong and accurate... Broke my own rule of word count...
Old 09-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #25
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
There will be no production car in the US that will ever compete with the Hellcat bone stock in the 1/4. This car can go int the record books for being the fastest american production muscle car. It's simply bragging rights. No one will buy a Hellcat to consistently race it on the strip. Not to mention, doesn't NHRA require a roll cage for anything under 11.5 seconds? Wouldn't the Hellcat be required to have the roll cage installed if you decided to race it? Now a days, autocross and tracking is becoming more popular than drag I believe. So handling is top priority which the Hellcat fails Im sure. I doubt driving a yaht on autocross with 707HP would be beneficial. lol

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #26
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Considering that Chevy is changing the Corvette over to mid-engine next gen, it seems like the Camaro will be Chevy's only 2 door v8 RWD platform. It will probably see a wider variety of variants next gen, similar to Mustang.

This means that whatever power Chevy wants to show off it can do with a V8/RWD combo, it will be shown off using the Camaro. I'd imagine that'd mean transplanting what they've learned with the C7 Corvette, sharing parts from that platform over time. Not the initial models of the 6Gen, but down the road.

(Just my thoughts).
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #27
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Considering that Chevy is changing the Corvette over to mid-engine next gen, it seems like the Camaro will be Chevy's only 2 door v8 RWD platform. It will probably see a wider variety of variants next gen, similar to Mustang.

This means that whatever power Chevy wants to show off it can do with a V8/RWD combo, it will be shown off using the Camaro. I'd imagine that'd mean transplanting what they've learned with the C7 Corvette, sharing parts from that platform over time. Not the initial models of the 6Gen, but down the road.

(Just my thoughts).
I get the impression that the "Zora" will be the only Corvette model that will be mid-engine and the others will be the same as now. At least that's how I read the articles.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #28
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
I read that the "Zora" is the new direction for the C8, as Chevy feels they've gotten the most out of their front engine/rwd setup (in terms of their high end, flagship sports car to compete with the Europeans). At least that's what I gathered.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation