Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2015, 03:54 AM   #1
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
do you keep the underside immaculate

ok lads do you keep your underside as clean as the rest of your car..
i dont drive in the rain with mine and about every month during the summer i like to wipe the underneath with a slightly oily rag.
now it's winter i will spend many hours making sure every single nut and bolt is gleaming..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:01 AM   #2
kenshin98

Drives: 2014 chevy camaro 1ss rs auto
Hell no lol

Nope, i keep my car clean and wax it every other month and seal it to protect the paint and make it last. But i bought it to drive it, rain or sunshine. I do clean the rims and tires though..
kenshin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:07 AM   #3
drew peacock
Banned

i hear you ken...it is a commitment for sure...if you only drive on dry days it only takes an hour to keep it pristine

i notice even after 10k miles there is many small stone chips around the floor pan...in time i can see that rusting if your car is a dd...
Old 11-29-2015, 04:11 AM   #4
drew peacock
Banned

next job before spring is to polish the borla attak catback system

Old 11-29-2015, 04:34 AM   #5
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
ha ha ( extra nelson voice )
Old 11-29-2015, 04:52 AM   #6
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
You mean like this? This was my daily driver. 2005 Nissan Titan lifted with around 42K miles at the time earlier this year.
Attached Images

MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #7
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
It's a mass produced Camaro not a Bugatti lol. But if you like doin it keep doing what u do
Old 11-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #8
b4cz28
TX SS

Drives: 2014 RS/2SS
Shit y'all are crazy lol. I admire that you can do that. I find it hard at times to just wash mine. I have never understood why y'all don't drive em in the rain though.
b4cz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #9
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Seems excessive. Lol.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I keep mine clean by finding a SPASTIK with Turrets syndrome and impulse control issues you know a ..... Germaphobe who continually washes their hands and then let them look under my car!!!! And leave some cleaning products around with rags..... Generally one day of their climbing around under there and its clean then they can go home with a free bottle of windex..... Then just call them back and point out the dirt again next time......

NO really I understand your in Sweden and have all this time on your hands, why don't you take some of that time and get some additional undercoating and detail it out so you will let it go....... And give it a rest, good god maybe even someday go out in the rain!!!!!! And prove you no longer have OCD..... lol But really are you putting it on blocks and showing the bottom of the car at car shows after spending thousand and thousands on chroming and custom suspension ....? Because that's the only Anal people who do that stuff here......or the Obsessive Compulsive Disordered unfortunate people ......... LET go get out and LIVE.... be daring !!! DRIVE IN THE RAIN AND HOWL AT THE MOON>....lol

When I used to have a fleet of my own OLD CHEVIES I would detail the rear axle and undercoat the floor pans etc, put a chrome or aluminum cover on, upgrade the suspension and clean it a little around the rear differential cover and axle very rarely because they were jacked up in the rear, and drive the cars. You treat yours like a museum piece and that's well not normal for over here too much... Some treat the Camaro as its a garage or trailer queen, we used to laugh at the trailer queens and still do. As a car is meant to be driven and that's the fact jack. Even in the winter it needs to get going out and used at least once a month. Over here we have many shows on cars, you may get some from the internet there. You should watch chasing classic cars with Wayne Farrini I think its on the discovery or velocity channels. And there you could see all kinds of truly exceptional vehicles, and the thing is our Camaros are cool, and rare over there.... Over here Not so much.... I do not regret one bit having fixed up and sold all the cars I did for extra money and know they exist somewhere thanks to me working as a hobby for decades in my time after my regular job. I would have regretted treating any one of them as a trailer queen........ Because life is too short. SO Yes for you I would recommend additional undercoating, some aftermarket suspension mods as in some of mine, and driving the car.........

Last edited by christianchevell; 11-29-2015 at 09:34 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #11
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
My antique show cars ya, My SS, come on, get a life.
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #12
Steve1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I do plan on taking my wheels off soon and waxing them...LOL...I hope the brake dust will rinse off easier at least until the wax wears off.

I try to avoid the rain because I'm lazy and it's easier to wash the dust off the top of the car than washing all the road crap off after driving in the rain not to mention the less dirt stuck to the paint, the less swirls.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #13
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
No - I wasted the "cleaning my floorpan time" this weekend by driving my Camaro whilst wearing a daft grin, going to the village pub and doing a bit of clay target shooting with some mates. S'pose if you got no mates then cleaning the floorpan is way better fun.....
Yellow 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #14
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Use that time to drive it will be more rewarding
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote