Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skid mark View Post
That sucks - the 'stang will get there first.
First time for everything
Old 01-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #16
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiemac View Post
Hope you don't have a heavy foot. VA is bad for speeding tickets.
And, no radar detectors allowed

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #17
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Lynchburg is a nice area. I went to college out there. Beautiful part of the country and the winters are generally milder than the Midwest. I'm not aware of any cars and coffee there but you'll see some cool cars around from time to time. Might have better luck in Roanoake for that.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Yep, under an hour from Roanoke. Seems like a cool city. Lynchburg honestly isn't bad either, just much smaller than Detroit.

I put this together a while back before I made my decision to move. Not a terrible spot to be by any means.

Not sure what this list really is but cool seeing Rochester on it . You should have driven the Camaro down to VA. Lots of awesome roads between Detroit & Lynchburg .
Old 01-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #19
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Well... week has finally come to relocate to Virginia (work). Car was just picked up and house gets packed up tomorrow. Moving from Michigan (Detroit area) to Lynchburg, Virginia.

Anyways, though it was kinda cool/interesting of the vehicle that my Camaro got to ride along with... What are the chances?!?!?

For what its worth, loved being around Detroit (believe it or not!) and pretty sad to leave. Looking forward to the warmer weather in Virginia. Beautiful part of the country from what I can see so far but will likely be a step backwards socially living in Lynchburg.

Anyone in the area - drop me a line, let me know if theres any meetups / cars & coffee type things going on.
Welcome to VA! I am in Newport News. Little far from where you are headed. If you are going to be taking the interstate alot once down here, watch your speed. They are out in full force. And they hide pretty good. Hmm and be prepared for rain. Rains it's a$$ off in VA. That's my main complaint of living here. Sorry for being a negative Nancy. Lol. Hope your trip is safe down here.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:29 PM   #20
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
used to live in Colonial Heights VA, just north of Petersburg, only lived there a year and was do busy with work never really got to see the sights and appreciate it. good luck. just be sure to bring your own snow shovel because the things become scarce when there is a snow storm. the apartment complex I lived in there couldn't clear the snow off the side walks, was like driving thru tank tracks for weeks after the worst snow storm they had seen in years. most have no idea how to drive in snow down there...lol

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #21
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
used to live in Colonial Heights VA, just north of Petersburg, only lived there a year and was do busy with work never really got to see the sights and appreciate it. good luck. just be sure to bring your own snow shovel because the things become scarce when there is a snow storm. the apartment complex I lived in there couldn't clear the snow off the side walks, was like driving thru tank tracks for weeks after the worst snow storm they had seen in years. most have no idea how to drive in snow down there...lol
Good points. And the town's completely shut down with just a couple inches of snow. At least where I am at.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #22
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Good luck on the move. Safe travels.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #23
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
For some reason my allergies have been raging since moving from CT to Hickory, NC 4 years ago. A lot of mold spores always in the air from the humidity east of the mountains so hopefully for you it may not be as humid of a climate in Lynchburg.

I do like the fact that when it does snow over night here its usually melted off by 10:am. I laugh my ass off every time I hear in the weather about a snow storm up in CT.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #24
Predator2U

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
First time a Camaro saw Mustang's taillights!
I drive the SS/RS and my wife a Mustang... I have never seen her tail lights (whoa, can I say that on this site?)
Old 01-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #25
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
Quote:
I have never seen her tail lights
Poor guy.