Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #29
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Not once....its loud....its bright but zero issues.
They know better than to mess with Dr. Feelgood. Haha
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #30
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
What ? Did your fingers have an aneurysm ?

No issues with the cops here .
Lol.....wtf did i say...... I think its fixed...but dont take my word for it.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #31
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
18 times in 4.5 years
Old 01-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #32
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
They know better than to mess with Dr. Feelgood. Haha
The Dr is in.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #33
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
He's a cop under my uncle, my uncle is a retired k9 cop in wheeling and he still likes to be a cop so he became chief of police in the village I live in and there's only 3 other cops and he always tells that someone told him that I drive fast when I don't I seriously think there's some jealous people that don't have nice cars when's there's a high school kid driving a camaro and my uncle is huge car guy he has 5 corvettes a acr viper and a sling shot 3 wheel car and 3 motorcycles and he owns a used car dealership so he loves cars
Wow! All that in one sentence.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #34
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
In my area cops are always pulling over the beat up cars with the paint peeling off never once have I seen them pull over a car that was in decent shape.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #35
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I own a black SS and never had one issue with law enforcement. Come to think of it, I've had quite a few compliments from the police. A couple complimented at a few car shows and another wave and gave a thumbs up on the highway, then he wanted me to give it some gas but did not, only a little. If you drive while respecting the road you won't get any attention but once you start being an a$$ on the road, you deserve to get unwanted attention and possibly a ticket.

Nothing wrong with a small spirited driving, don't make a habit of it plain and simple.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #36
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
Anyone have any trouble with cops trying to pull you over especially speeding because it's a camaro and acting all hard one time I had a park ranger write my license plate number down because it was foggy and he thought I did burn out in the park when I didn't and I got in trouble with the hockey team because it was after a late night practice last month I also have a cop always acting like he's gonna pull out because he thinks I'm speeding
How did the hockey team decide that a non-event was a thing that gets you in trouble? The ranger wrote down your plate, somehow the team finds out...and this means trouble?

What's the rest of this story?
Old 01-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #37
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
You just invited another 1100 words with no punctuation. Lol
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #38
ndtguy
^ Me. Things I write ~>

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ndtguy
I don't even get looked at by cops in my 2010.

In my 2001 SS, I should have been pulled over at least 6 times and yet, never was. I drove fast out on the highways.

In my 1998 Trans Am, I was pulled over 4 times. Twice I got tickets (one was bs, long story) and the other was well deserved. Twice I got off with warnings.

First time, I had been working out in Las Vegas for 9 months and was returning to San Antonio Tx. I had to replace my windshield out in Vegas so I didn't have a Texas inspection sticker on the car, but had my new registration sticker on the windshield. I was out in the middle of nowhere (Texas) when this camry blitzed by me. I was already doing 80 in a 75. Well, low and behold, Here coming towards me is a B4C cop car. He turns around and starts past me. His passenger looks over and says something to the driver. I know I know, no inspection sticker.

That's what they pulled me over for. I told them what happened, showed them the receipt for the new windshield and told them as soon as I got to San Antonio, I would get it inspected. So we are out of the car standing down off the bank. I'm wearing my "Silver State Classic" t-shirt they gave us (I helped time the race back in May 2004 at the 60 mile marker).

The passenger asked if I could have outrun their B4C. I laughed and said it wouldn't have been a problem, it's the radio I couldn't outrun. The driver looks up from his pad (writing me a written warning so no one could cite me until I reached San Antonio), "Really"? Yeah, I told them my mods (P1SC procharger pushing 9#, Pacesetter LTs/ORY, Dynomax bullet muffler, upgraded the suspension/brakes, etc).

So they hand me the warning and we go to leave. They pull up next to me and point for a race. I said no ticket. They gave me thumbs up. So I put it in 3rd (we are doing 65mph at this point) and gave them the move. I took it to 120 and had a lot of car lengths between us, tap the brake and slow down to 75. They came up and gave me the thumbs up, waved and then we both went on our separate ways.

Second time was by the Pennsylvania State Police south of Lancaster. I was doing 64 in a 45 at 130am. Had my laptop/HPTuners up and running logging the car.

The road then went from running across the ridge to coming down the mountain. As soon as I broke over the crest, on the right hand side I saw a PSP car and sure enough, the lights come on. Pulled over right away. They pulled out and hit it only to realize I was stopped already. They had to turn the Crown Vic as hard as they could to pull in behind me and I still rolled forward a bit so they could get completely off the road. I had my windows down, hands out the window. Cop chatted with me, asking about my a/f ratio and boost gauges and "Isn't this a v8?". Same thing, 'could you have out run us?'. Long story short, him, his partner and I chatted a bit and they gave me a verbal.

Apologize, I didn't mean to make such a long post. LOL

New DD: 2010 Camaro SS L99/A6 - bone stock.

Gone but not forgotten...
- 2001 Camaro SS m6 - SLP lid, free ram-air mod, poly sway bar bushings/end links, BMR springs and bilsteins.

- 1998 Trans Am m6, forged 347, T70;alky-water injection; intercooled, 208/230 .549/.579 121LSA, Moser 12 bolt, 561rwhp/611rwtq.
ndtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #39
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do when they come for you
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #40
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
got the verbal once for going 125 in a 55 ,out of town on a deserted road.thought i was on the way to jail,i deserved it.pontiac 400 with headers and short duals,they heard me for miles.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:24 PM   #41
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
got the verbal once for going 125 in a 55 ,out of town on a deserted road.thought i was on the way to jail,i deserved it.pontiac 400 with headers and short duals,they heard me for miles.
You're lucky, Ponchos often had 160 mph speedos. My Buick's speedo stops at 120. I had to use things like the turn signal indicator to guess the speed after that. On a closed course, naturally.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #42
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
How did the hockey team decide that a non-event was a thing that gets you in trouble? The ranger wrote down your plate, somehow the team finds out...and this means trouble?

What's the rest of this story?
Probably because hockey practice was at the park. They let the coach know.
Like the host of a car show gets grief when a participant does something stupid.