Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
BronxRS

Drives: '13 2LT RS Convertible - AGM
Michelin X-ice Xi3s on Heritage Rims

Just put winters on as we're getting frost in the mornings. First time w/o the 20" midnight silver RS wheels. I think the Heritage wheels look great with the beefier sidewalls (255/60/18) - especially against the AGM color.

(This is where the flame gets thrown)

I'm also liking the more nimble feel of the 18s. I know there's a lot of back and forth about superior handling with the stiffer sidewall of a 20" or 22" tire - probably valid for track guys. But for a daily driver, I think this set up with suspension mods really suits our cars. Traditional pony or muscle cars look sweeet with a beefier sidewall. IMO the 20s and especially the 22s give them a bit of a "hot wheels" look better suited to an import.

Heritage steelies are obviously still too heavy so wanna reduce unsprung weight for next spring/summer. I'll definitely be ordering a set of 18" Forgestar F14s from Tony (NineBall) early next year.
Attached Images

BronxRS is offline   Reply With Quote