Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #15
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz View Post
I like the stock look, are they lighter weight?

Yes forget the numbers

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:09 PM   #16
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Pull the trigger you can't go wrong, buy straight from doug directly thru factory reproductions and don't look back. I would suggest getting wheels and tires together so you can throw an 11 inch wheel with a 315 in back but everyone has their opinion on that. Great company great quality
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #17
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
I like my polished ones. A couple of Autox's with them so far. No complaints. I would go with a forged wheel if you track the car a lot or take it on a road course.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:47 AM   #18
3Black
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6
No problems here
Attached Images

3Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:39 AM   #19
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
I take it you went with the black chrome finish???? If so, do you have a larger photo with them on your beautiful car? I'm seriously thinking of these particular wheels.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the compliment. I really like these wheels and I'm so glad that I waited on the PVD black chrome. I ordered a wheel/tire/lug nut combo. The fronts are 10x20 and the rears are 11x20. If you are going to be tracking your car, I would recommend getting 10" all the way around. The Camaro understeers and square setup helps correct this problem. I'm not tracking mine, so I went with the wide 11" rears and I love the look. They totally fill the wheel well.

I've put a couple hundred miles on them now, and I am very happy with the way the car rides and steers. The Toyo Proxes are a huge improvement over the P-Zeros. The car feels much more "planted" and solid. It rides better too.

One other thing to note, is that these wheels really are not chromed. They are PVD chrome. PVD is similar to powder coating, so all of the flaking, peeling, and chipping associated with chrome is a thing of the past. The wheels are actually about 10-20% darker than the pictures show. They were reflecting the sunshine and asphalt when I took the pics. I think black chrome would look great on your car.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #20
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Thanks for the compliment. I really like these wheels and I'm so glad that I waited on the PVD black chrome. I ordered a wheel/tire/lug nut combo. The fronts are 10x20 and the rears are 11x20. If you are going to be tracking your car, I would recommend getting 10" all the way around. The Camaro understeers and square setup helps correct this problem. I'm not tracking mine, so I went with the wide 11" rears and I love the look. They totally fill the wheel well.

I've put a couple hundred miles on them now, and I am very happy with the way the car rides and steers. The Toyo Proxes are a huge improvement over the P-Zeros. The car feels much more "planted" and solid. It rides better too.

One other thing to note, is that these wheels really are not chromed. They are PVD chrome. PVD is similar to powder coating, so all of the flaking, peeling, and chipping associated with chrome is a thing of the past. The wheels are actually about 10-20% darker than the pictures show. They were reflecting the sunshine and asphalt when I took the pics. I think black chrome would look great on your car.
Thank you for posting the pics. You're right, those wheels are amazing on your baby. I've always liked the black chrome look over the matte, satin, gloss black look. I'll probably wait until I have to replace tires, got about 16,000 on the P-Zeros. And thanks for the review of the Proxes. I am definitely rethinking the Pirellis.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #21
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
I bought 2 sets from Doug!
Attached Images