Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
mbavon

Drives: 50 ann. Rs, V6, sunroof, nav, spl
Location: Rochester NY way upstate 3 hours from Toronto on Lake Ontario
Took Delivery-visibility problems ???

After waiting since July, I took home my 50th Anniversary Camaro today.
It is a V6 (No, I didn't go for the SS and I did not get dual note exhaust) and I am quite ecstatic with my Camaro. I am in love with it. The 50th Anniversary package is stunning in person. I am fine with the 335 horse power: Plenty of power for my car. I was getting numerous compliments before I left the dealership. It is the only 50th anniversary the dealer has sold so far.
I am a short guy (5'5"-5'6') and I really don't know why there are so many complaints about visibility. The driver seat has so many adjustments, I can see very well over the hood. The back window grant it is small but, with the blind spot warning and the side mirrors I again see no major visibility problems. I think most of the complaints are from Mustang owners. I am short and I don't understand all the visibility issues. I think it is a bunch of bull. The only people that would have visibility problems probably already have vision problems. They are seeing the visibility problems from "rose colored Mustangs".
mbavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #2
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Well, its not an easy car to see out of at all times, I think it's overstated a bit personally as well, but certainly not something you can totally ignore. There's certain angles that are just impossible to see out of at times.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:06 PM   #3
jlagman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I'm also a short guy and I find front and side visibility to be very easy to adjust to. Rear visibility is terrible and I really dislike reversing it into my garage, but it's something I'm willing to put up with, especially with the back up camera.
jlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #4
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
This is how i feel when i am driving my camaro and i "love it".......
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #5
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I see out of it just fine. I'm coming from 3rd and 4th gen camaros.

Could you have more visibility? sure. Is it necessary? not really.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #6
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
Congrats on the car, it is a rule to post pictures of your new ride though... i di report you for with holding the good from the forum but they told me its not mandatory...

The v6 is a solid power plant...

The visibility is fine. I did a rather controversial video about it. I think people have weird expectations from there cars... and need to see to much... proper driving is anticipating traffic ahead anyways, no one has ever rear ended themselves...

TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #7
mbavon

I will post photos but the car is approximately 6 hours old at the moment. Again, I absolutely love this car. My next issue is where I can safely park my car at work tomorrow morning. Another night of insomnia. Last night I couldn't sleep because I was anticipating me picking up the car now, where to park it. I teach at a high school and I want nobody (especially students) or nothing to touch my Camaro.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #8
Vectors2Final

Drives: 17' Camaro 2SS 16' Jeep GC SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlagman View Post
I'm also a short guy and I find front and side visibility to be very easy to adjust to. Rear visibility is terrible and I really dislike reversing it into my garage, but it's something I'm willing to put up with, especially with the back up camera.
Both mirrors down on reverse isn't helping?

No adjustment period for side mirrors. I've always done them the same way, and I get the same results every time.
Vectors2Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #9
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Congrats!... Park Safe!!!
&
Have FUN!!!!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #10
mbavon

Thanks for the video: Good one.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:48 PM   #11
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Congrats on your 50th!

I agree the outward visibility is fine, and the rear view camera is just icing on the cake, IMO.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:57 PM   #12
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Congrats on the new car. I have had a 2016 1LT with the V6 for 5 months. I absolutely love it.

I am also 5'6 but my legs are long in proportion to my size which means my torso is short. The most annoying part of the visibility issue for me is I can't see my hood over my Tach and Speedometer. I have thought about getting a cushion to sit on but I just hate to do that. The most serious visibility hindrance is the rear pillars, I absolutely can not see to back out of a diagonal parking spot.

I did add blind spot mirrors. I tried the thing some are doing here where you adjust your side view mirrors just until you don't see any part of your car. The very first time I drove it like that I almost got in an accident cutting someone off because I didn't see them. I like the blind spot mirrors. You said you have the blind spot sensors but I don't have a lot of faith in electronic stuff that can malfunction.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:59 PM   #13
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
You may or may not have the reverse mirrors set up, my car did not, so make sure you go into the setting, driver mode, and set up the reverse mirror, makes a world of difference!

Also make sure to set up the memory seats (assuming you have them) ASAP, and turn on the eject mode also in driver settings. Makes entering and exiting the car feel like a king arriving and departing in his rocket ship!
TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:05 PM   #14
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatPlus View Post
Also make sure to set up the memory seats (assuming you have them) ASAP, and turn on the eject mode also in driver settings. Makes entering and exiting the car feel like a king arriving and departing in his rocket ship!
My favorite semi-mundane feature of the car right there.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote