Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
Rulerof52

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Was supposed to get car wash, got scratched seats

So my work offered me a free car wash as today was my last day. Apparently two guys show up once a week at my workplace to wash cars, and several employees take them up on it for cash. They have been coming for eight years. They work independently and not for my company. We don't have any contracts with them.
So I hand over my keys, get them back at the end of the day. Walk over to my car, open the door, and see scratches on my seat. I was livid. I called them up and they came back to look at the damage, and they said it was impossible that they scratched the seat, showing me their towels and stuff. But I am sure those scratches weren't there when I gave them the keys.
You know your car inside and out, right? I do too. I know if the smallest thing looks or sounds any different than it did the last time I saw my car. I keep it f****** spotless, never have trash, never allow drinks, wash once a week, the whole deal. I know they scratched my seats. The guys walked away as I was still talking to them and left.

The question is, what can I do about it now? I had a coworker sign a quick statement saying that he has ridden with me recently and didn't see scratches, and that he saw them right when I did also. Should I go to small claims court? I have no idea how to reconcile this.

Thanks in advance.

(EDIT - updated with photos)

Last edited by Rulerof52; 03-06-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Rulerof52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Rule number 1 -never have anyone else wash or even get in to your car without you being there.....I always cringe when someone other than me get's into the drivers seat, especially mechanics with a screwdriver hanging out of their pocket or a big ole wallet chain...

If it is just independent individuals I doubt you can do anything about without some kind of proof. If they work for a company I would start by a phone call or better yet go there and show them the damages.
68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
Rule number 1 -never have anyone else wash or even get in to your car without you being there.....I always cringe when someone other than me get's into the drivers seat, especially mechanics with a screwdriver hanging out of their pocket or a big ole wallet chain...

If it is just independent individuals I doubt you can do anything about without some kind of proof. If they work for a company I would start by a phone call or better yet go there and show them the damages.
I agree, if they work for someone, contact that individual and set up an appointment to bring the vehicle by to show them. Beyond that, unfortunately, as 68rsscmaro said, if you don't have any proof, it comes down to a he said, he said situation and you probably won't be able to do much. Good luck
Old 03-04-2016, 10:09 PM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Were there young woman in the crew? I've got wooden kitchen tables and leather chairs in the family room. The $200 jeans kids wear - I call Bling Butt - have big ol bling on the pockets and seams that scratch the dog S^@T out your chairs.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:24 PM   #5
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Were there young woman in the crew? I've got wooden kitchen tables and leather chairs in the family room. The $200 jeans kids wear - I call Bling Butt - have big ol bling on the pockets and seams that scratch the dog S^@T out your chairs.

I've seen guys wearing those goofy ass jeans too.

Good suggestion.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:26 AM   #6
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I took my car through one car wash and they scratched my wheels, then the manager parolee told me the scratches were already there and I just hadn't noticed them. I asked him if he knew my car more than I do and I guess the answer is yes because I got the total flake out, only recourse would be to sue.

Checked their google reviews, surprise surprise I'm not the only one.

Lesson learned, if you pay to have your car washed stick with the bigger chains, same runaround but they pay in the end without suing.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:37 AM   #7
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
If you can't get reimbursed, the alternative would be to take pictures and hand them out to the people where you worked, letting them know what happened. It won't put money in your pocket, but hopefully it will take some cash out of the car washers' pockets if they lose some business over it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:02 AM   #8
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
any pics. could it have been there keys clipped to their belt. Thats why I cant drive mine to work. I have my locker keys on my belt.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:42 AM   #9
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Why would you do that in the first place. Just cut your losses now can't do much.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #10
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Perfect opportunity to upgrade to recaro seats! Kidding, how bad are the scratches?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:27 AM   #11
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
How do you scratch a seat? Pics please.
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #12
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post
How do you scratch a seat? Pics please.
Leather seats can be scratched pretty easily. My daughter caught my passenger seat with a ruler sticking out of her backpack. Not bad but you can see where the edge of the ruler was run across the seat back for a few inches.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:44 AM   #13
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I leave my car dirty even after track days for weeks until I can find time to wash it myself...just not worth this kind of hassle.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:17 AM   #14
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
If I have someone doing work on something I own I like to be there. Last year a had a local guy pull my boat out of the water and winteize it. After hes done I head up to the boat to pay him. I look at the keel and theres a chunk missing out of the gel coat about 4 inches long. You could tell it was fresh because there wasn't any water damage of staining. He denied he did it. I told him I'll get a guy in to fix it for cheap if he pays. He denied. So I told him your 100 dollar denial cost you about 4 or 5 grand in future business. See ya.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote