Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #463
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Here's a pic of the 6th gen vert. They are gorgeous!
I thought it would be another year before the 'vert model was released - wow, it really looks good!

If the backseat really is smaller, then that's a miss. It's already a pushinsment for anyone who has to sit in the back of my 5th Gen.
LastGen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #464
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
It's just a parcel shelf anyway...
Old 08-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #465
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastGen5 View Post
I thought it would be another year before the 'vert model was released - wow, it really looks good!

If the backseat really is smaller, then that's a miss. It's already a pushinsment for anyone who has to sit in the back of my 5th Gen.

With the fronts all the way back there is no gap in the rear seat it touches. Today there is a bit more room

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #466
Mr. V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
Thank you Indy

I read through your thread and wanted to say thanks for all the good info. I am a long time lurker on the forum thinking I would never be an owner. I am in my mid 50's and have always dreamed of owning another muscle car after I got rid of my 1969 Nova in the early 80's. Well low and behold I am now the proud owner of a 2011 VR SS Vert. My wife was the one that wanted a vert more than I did but now that I have it I think it's a great choice. Just something different about riding around with the top down in the open air. The grandkids got one of the first rides in it.
Attached Images

Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #467
Indydriver

Thank you For your kind words Mr. V. Enjoy that vert and welcome to C5. I still get that little thrill every time I climb in.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #468
Indydriver

U.S. Nationals

Chevy Dealers do it again--VIP event at the drags.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #469
Ryanbabz71

Tomorrow? See you there

Ryan
Old 09-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #470
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Tomorrow? See you there

Ryan
Great! I hope to be there right at 3:00 so we can see some runs. Looks like they are parking us on the oval?
Old 09-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #471
Ryanbabz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Great! I hope to be there right at 3:00 so we can see some runs. Looks like they are parking us on the oval?
I wont be there until 4:15-4:30ish. Earliest I can leave work tomorrow is 3 :(

Should be a good time.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:39 AM   #472
Indydriver

John Force Funny Car
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2015, 04:41 AM   #473
Indydriver

Sportsman class action-lots of wheelstands-Challenger redlights trying to keep up with Camaro
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #474
Indydriver

Flat Tire

Well, it finally happened, and let me tell you, it ain't no fun.

I always leave the DIC on the TPMS screen because I'm a bit anal about my tire pressures. I was parked at a place 22 miles from home. The left rear, which had been at 36 like the others showed 30 on start up. I clearly had a puncture.

So, the question you have to ask yourself is, what do I do now? I wanted to get home because that's where my second set of wheels and tires are stored. So, I set off cautiously at first and the pressure held at 30. I got a bit overconfident and took it out on the highway--the fastest way home. I got about 5 miles from my house when all 30 psi suddenly went "poof"

I limped off a nearby exit and stopped. As you know, there is no spare, only a compressor with a canister of goo. I thought through my options and decided to try the goo. It didn't work. I tried everything, even rolling the car forward and back while the compressor was running to try to spread the goo. No dice. I thought about getting towed but with my custom wheels and lugs, getting home was the only place that could solve the problem. So, I secured the car as best I could and had the wife pick me up, bring me home where I gathered the spare wheel/tire and all my tire changing tools. That round trip took an hour. By the time I got back to my Camaro, there was a state trooper there with the INDOT emergency service van. They were preparing to tow it but since I showed up with everything to fix it, the trooper just said, "then let's get it fixed and get it out of here".

So, the cop made us a safe work area by blocking half a lane with his lights on and the INDOT guy jacked the car and with his speed wrench had the wheel changed in no time. I got the car home fine and took the damaged tire to Discount Tire (who guarantees no damage on wide custom wheels) for repair. It turns out the tire was ruined and it's going to cost me about $220 to replace plus clean all the goo out of the wheel.

It turns out the damage to the tire from the puncture was so close to the shoulder that it was not repairable. However, had it been, I would have unnecessarily ruined the tire by attempting to drive on it. I guess the moral of this story is, when you see a pressure loss indicating a puncture, PARK IT, then seek a resolution. Frankly, I don't know what I would do if I was out of town. Not having even a mini-spare is a PITA.

Last edited by Indydriver; 09-17-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:37 AM   #475
Indydriver

Insurance

Well, Esurance lasted through one renewal (one year). With no claims and year older cars, they hit me with a 25% increase. I had gone to them from Travelers for the same reason. With auto and homeowners split, T hit me with a 30% increase on my homeowners. So, I shopped them both again and ended up saving $1000+ per year on the package going back to Safeco (a Liberty Mutual company), which I had been with for many years earlier in life.

Note: this does not include my Camaro which has 'collector car' coverage with Grundy. Apparently, Safeco offers 'agreed value' coverage which I will investigate later. Moral of this story: don't just accept huge increases from your current insurance carrier. There are competitive options out there.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #476
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Sorry about your tire woes.
Not having a spare was one reason hubby had declined to buy an SS in 2012. We ordered our 2LT RS with the donut spare option.
For our trip to Camaro fest in BG, hubby put our donut spare and jack kit in the SS, which fit perfectly with no rattles. We are ordering a donut spare/jack from the dealer so the SS will have a spare as well.