Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: What brand catch can do you want brandX to be?
Apex 6 11.11%
Elite engineering 34 62.96%
RX performance 11 20.37%
Mishimoto 2 3.70%
Cusco 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #99
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

Drives: 2011 v6 manual white with black
That being said AITI can you push to have this moved back to general discussion. This is great r&d and the data will be useful for anyone who intends on purchasing a DI motor in the future...
Black&WhiteEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #100
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

Thank you someone.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #101
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&WhiteEnvy View Post
That being said AITI can you push to have this moved back to general discussion. This is great r&d and the data will be useful for anyone who intends on purchasing a DI motor in the future...
Yes, this should be in General Discussion. As I think a lot of members would like to see the results.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #102
Tahlee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
What brand catch can do you want brandX to be?

I would like to hear that it's made in America.
Tahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #103
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I don't get why brand x is so secretive unless it's RX that's behind all this, which wouldn't suprise me at all. Maybe Tracy is starting a new catch can company with a different name so he can get back on Camaro5. I just don't see the point of not revealing the company that makes it, especially if they are already a vendor on here.

Sure seems like some kind of sales tactic.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #104
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I don't get why brand x is so secretive unless it's RX that's behind all this, which wouldn't suprise me at all. Maybe Tracy is starting a new catch can company with a different name so he can get back on Camaro5. I just don't see the point of not revealing the company that makes it, especially if they are already a vendor on here.

Sure seems like some kind of sales tactic.
I keep thinking the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&WhiteEnvy View Post
After performing some due diligence on the LLT motor I come to realize I in fact require a catch can. So would any other DI (direct inject) motor. I had my theory's on what brand is better and I'm kind of a stickler. I paid a bunch of money to have my valves cleaned and I wanted to ensure I'd never have an issue with buildup again. My next option was what brand of catch can? Well plenty on market what to choose from? Also I didn't want my valves corroding again. I decided to go with two catch cans, only because I came across and incredible opportunity. The biggest baddest moroso, and brandX... It kind of happened that way because at the time I had just hit 35000 miles and my 2011 Camaro v6 LS. I was in the market for a catch can when I herd about a great opportunity to work with a very large reputable performance company. I volunteered to perform an experiment for the brandX, who is not only one of the most respected companies on the market but also a supporting vendor of camaro5!!! I mean come on who in this world is gifted with an opportunity like this... After a few short emails I was hooked. I hightailed cross county recorded my milage aswell as driving conditions and avg. mph and mpg. Traveled neary 1300 miles to have cans installed. (Just felt I could use a little vacation/road trip or I would of installed myself) Will get into details latter. All I can say right now is I'm duplicating a test that was performed on a few other vehicles. I'm obtaining very similar results. Not only am I getting better mpg now I'm confident my valves will stay nice and neat looking. Here are some before and after images of the valves. I'm very excited that my car is running strong and staying healthy.
I will continue to add to this thread. I will drain each can and switch them around and provide amounts of oil collected by each can along with positioning. After a few tests and drains. I'll even pull my manifold back off and snap some shots of the valve to see if my valve have remained clean... Be back soon!
http://www.rxspeedworks.com/contact/

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Detr...043!2d27.31923

Total distance 1,227 miles.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #105
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
i chalked this up to a gimmic thread long ago but what kind of clown drives 1300 miles to have a catch can installed? so at minimum you have spent 150 on just fuel, likely more than the can. vacation or not this spells desperation on someones part.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #106
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
LMAO Tracy? Is this you on a new account.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #107
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

I went to see some some sick family for the 4th of July and the shop I used was only 20 mins away... Product was free along with installation... How could I refuse. Sorry I didn't put in the crappt details of my half assed vacation to see dieing family... Thanks haters....
Here is today's drainings... I will measure them when I get some time... Kind of obvious one did better than the other... Can you guess who?
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #108
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
This thread is amazing. Subscribed. The tale just keeps getting better and better. I badly want this catchcan to be BrandX.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #109
AITI
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 LFX Auto
Kind of getting off track here.....the OP is doing a great job in testing, unless no one is interested in the difference between the cans offered. I vote Elite.
AITI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #110
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

Well here we have some long awaited results... Took my measures and I'm quite irritated about a few things. To believe that this much oil is going to flow throug areas of my engine it should not have... Makes me ... Anyhow here is the moroso oz's totaling I'd say about 3.5 oz
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #111
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

Here it is! BrandX pulling through again... Nearing 5oz this draining. Quite impressive I must say.

Unfortinatly due to certain circumstances I will not be able to release brandX name at this time. Something with patient off and Hoover vacuums. Not sure. But the testing will go on.

Over this weekend I will remove and clean inside each can and re install making brandX now primary and moroso can secondary.... We will see how the results change. If any... Chuck back to you.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #112
AITI
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 LFX Auto
And to be clear, the BrandX is AFTER the Moroso did it's best? This is what all should be paying attention to IMHO. Not off track drama. Thx again for the effort to do this. Can't wait to see the reverse amounts now.
AITI is offline   Reply With Quote