Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-24-2015, 02:40 PM   #43
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I had the Trifecta tune on my car, could not use HPtuners because trifecta locked there tune in, I had to get hold of the Shop in Fl, (who did my trifecta tune) to sent me my original files to flash back to stock, then J&M Motorsports was able to us HP tuners.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:04 PM   #44
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Utilizing another ECU is not as easy as explained. There is an interlock with the BCM that will trigger a security light and after so many ignition cycles the car will not start. The ECU and BCU need to be programmed together not allowing you to have a second ECU. I know I have tried ! It seems the hardware ID of the ECU needs to be programmed into the BCU and visa versa. I would guess if you opened up the ECU you could change the hardware ID to match the one you are swapping out. It's just not practical or as cheap as stated.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:34 PM   #45
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
RX again...?

I have a dual port RX catch can brand new if anyone wants to buy it from me as it came with my Turbo kit. Only 900 miles on it lol. I don't think tracy has the evac situation as figured out as he thinks. I had the single port rx can on my car from new and when I had my intake off recently my valves look like $hit and runners were wet with oil. Im making the move to mightymouse solutions.

My IM was full of oil after using that CC. Totally get it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:17 AM   #46
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I have never had any issues with using second or even third ECM's. I have 3 and every one of them works perfectly with no lights or issues. Possibly the programmer that loaded the stock programs on each of them was aware of what needed to be done to properly mate any other components in the loop. Never an issue on my LLT with Bosch units. I can verify my experience. Maybe others have had issues. I can't explain that.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #47
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
I'm going to get one then bring it to the dealer to flash it all to the correct vin so I don't have issues. Better safe than sorry

Last edited by Peter-5; 03-05-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #48
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
I have never had any issues with using second or even third ECM's. I have 3 and every one of them works perfectly with no lights or issues. Possibly the programmer that loaded the stock programs on each of them was aware of what needed to be done to properly mate any other components in the loop. Never an issue on my LLT with Bosch units. I can verify my experience. Maybe others have had issues. I can't explain that.
Is there any update on how your car is doing?
Old 03-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #49
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Corvette Camaro Cobalt CTSv Mustang Hellcat tuner in Tampa Orlando

We were able to calibrate a supercharged LLT Camaro last week. HP Tuners had no problems with it. We're not done with it yet, but it does take time.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:28 AM   #50
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wonder if any reputable shop in Toronto has HP Tuners in their arsenal
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #51
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
i havent checked in on the tune for our llt lately. has it come to a conclusion yet with hp ? or is the trifecta and IPF the only tunes available ?
Old 03-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #52
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
You can get the HP tune. It is still considered to be in Beta as they have a few tables they are still working on accessing but Tampa Tuners has had some recent progress. My HP dyno tune is great but I am very anxious to see what more we can gain as it clearly feels like there is a lot more there.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:09 PM   #53
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
You can get the HP tune. It is still considered to be in Beta as they have a few tables they are still working on accessing but Tampa Tuners has had some recent progress. My HP dyno tune is great but I am very anxious to see what more we can gain as it clearly feels like there is a lot more there.
Ahhh okay. Well thank you very much for updating me on this. Can't wait to see what TT has in store for us
Old 03-26-2015, 05:59 AM   #54
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
My thinking and strategy is different with the LLTs. The V8s are much easier, and when I though the LFXs were hard, I realized they are not compared to the LLTs. The bosch computer is slow to report back data, so calibrating takes additional time. What I wanted to do is assess :

A) can HP Tuners properly calibrate the LLT Motor

B) how long it takes to calibrate

C) what are the performance gains over other platforms

D) can the results be duplicated from vehicle to vehicle

E) what's the business side price version Vs time.

and the list goes on, but I talked to the owner of the recent LLT and the car is more responsive now and goes into boost much earlier.

We'll see more results in about two weeks.

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #55
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
thanks for the update!

Hoping to find someone who can tune boosted applications here in Toronto since I'm really keeping fingers crossed on joining the FI club if I play my cards right
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:22 AM   #56
Peter-5

So it sounds like I'm going to tune my turbo LLT with what hp tuners has now because it already seems better than what trifecta or ipf has and when hp tuners unlocks all the tables I'll just go for a retune!