Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #29
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28

Glad to here it Jason. you have been a great inspiration for my build which should be done in time for C5 fest VII or maybe IX or later the way its going?

I hope you are at the top of the 1320' list soon! Car is a monster. Congrats!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #30
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
This is what I am working on now as I literally drove to Cincy waited on it to be buttoned up and it went on the dyno and instantly we decided why not take it to the track and see what it does as is. Im going up to Wisconsin next week to have the chassis dialed in and try different springs and get it setup right and then start throwing the power to it.
Sounds good man. I know it will be in good hands up there
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Yep, It's bad ass. Congrats on the awesome build.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
can,t wait to see how she runs..nice build
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #33
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
So what kind of MPH was the first pass?
We never made a full pass and never left the line hard as it was just off foot brake. We were really wanting to see if it would leave straight more than anything. Still lots of tuning to be done as its still running really rich but next week we are going for a good pass as I have a great set of people going with me to help get everything where it needs to be and then it should just need some tweaking and getting the trans dialed in. I can say that this setup makes the F1R sound like a sissy
Old 08-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #34
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Jason, it has been a long road but well worth it and wow, what a car... Have fun with this absolute beast...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #35
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Awesome. Good luck getting it dialed in.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #36
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Congtats and have a blast. Just keep it intact until LS Fest. I can't wait to see it run. Wanna race Ruby? LOL That would be funny.....................but fun! See ya in Bowling Green!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #37
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Congtats and have a blast. Just keep it intact until LS Fest. I can't wait to see it run. Wanna race Ruby? LOL That would be funny.....................but fun! See ya in Bowling Green!
Im definitely all for running Ruby. I will do my best to keep it intact but Im gonna run it like a dog when its setup correctly.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #38
Pentatonic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats! That car looks sick.

I'm sure you don't give a rat's ass about looks, but I really like that low-slung look. I don't think you have to raise the car as much as some have suggested. I'll concede that the lower the car is, the less reaction force you'll have on the rear tires during launch (all other things equal), but with a lower car, you'll have a lower front profile which will reduce your drag coefficient and help you in the top end.

There's a local grudge race car around here done by PTE Motorsports that has quite a low suspension and he does pretty well from what I can deduce. Although he does have mini-tubs and a solid rear axle which enable those rear slicks to tuck under and avoid issues with the rear bumper/ body panels.

Pentatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #39
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentatonic View Post
Congrats! That car looks sick.

I'm sure you don't give a rat's ass about looks, but I really like that low-slung look. I don't think you have to raise the car as much as some have suggested. I'll concede that the lower the car is, the less reaction force you'll have on the rear tires during launch (all other things equal), but with a lower car, you'll have a lower front profile which will reduce your drag coefficient and help you in the top end.

There's a local grudge race car around here done by PTE Motorsports that has quite a low suspension and he does pretty well from what I can deduce. Although he does have mini-tubs and a solid rear axle which enable those rear slicks to tuck under and avoid issues with the rear bumper/ body panels.

Ah yes I am fully aware of the PTE car as that thing hauls the mail. I am fully aware of the suspension and my chassis guy knows his sh%t when it comes to drag racing and we have several sets of springs to test and will be playing with ride height in front and rear to find the best transfer of weight to unleash the power.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #40
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
Awesome looking setup Jason! Can't wait to see you run at LSFest! Best of luck getting all the final work completed.
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
Awesome looking setup Jason! Can't wait to see you run at LSFest! Best of luck getting all the final work completed.
Thanks I hope you planning on coming out as well for the BG race as its a pretty awesome show.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #42
Pentatonic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Ah yes I am fully aware of the PTE car as that thing hauls the mail. I am fully aware of the suspension and my chassis guy knows his sh%t when it comes to drag racing and we have several sets of springs to test and will be playing with ride height in front and rear to find the best transfer of weight to unleash the power.
For sure.

So as it sits today, how low is it sitting? I'm looking at spring sets myself and trying to figure out the best ride height, although I'm nowhere near the power level you're at.
Pentatonic is offline   Reply With Quote