Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Drives: 2016 1SS
Ground Effects Installed Today

Placed the order with them in January.....they came in a week and a half or so after the car:

jachevy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
SSHULK

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jachevy28 View Post
Placed the order with them in January.....they came in a week and a half or so after the car:

Looks real nice, I like the front and the sides. As for the rear diffuser I like really like the stock one for some reason lol
SSHULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
A_Work_Of_Art

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Your car looks clean! Front and sides for me
A_Work_Of_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:54 PM   #4
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I like it...it was a little too subtle for me to pay the premium over just the front splitter. Then again, hard to tell in pictures.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #5
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Yeah I was a little nervous about the rear diffuser piece, I did like the original, but I think it looks fine in person. I think all of it looks better in person than pictures.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:21 AM   #6
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by jachevy28 View Post
Yeah I was a little nervous about the rear diffuser piece, I did like the original, but I think it looks fine in person. I think all of it looks better in person than pictures.
I agree. in poor lighting, the black gfx just blends with the shadow underneath, making it look like your car is lifted... not a good look. but even at night, you get the same effect in person. that's what's holding me back from getting a black kit. otherwise, it looks cool
Old 04-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #7
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Looks good! But it's sure pricey at 2.5k for the GFX kit.

Wish the 1LE is going to have it standard.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #8
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
so the side skirt, does it replace the stock one or does it bolt right under the stock?
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #9
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabreu09 View Post
so the side skirt, does it replace the stock one or does it bolt right under the stock?
Bolts under. Only thing replaced is the rear diffuser.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #10
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
I agree. in poor lighting, the black gfx just blends with the shadow underneath, making it look like your car is lifted... not a good look. but even at night, you get the same effect in person. that's what's holding me back from getting a black kit. otherwise, it looks cool
Yeah it's not like some other kits that take up more space so you can see them better in pics. These GFX are much more subtle...which I kind of applaud GM for doing since they could've gone balls deep ricer on them.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #11
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Hey, your car looks really good with the kit, congrats. I was originally going to order it with my car, but had to remove it. I'm looking at it again now after seeing your post and had a couple questions:

I noticed you went with black instead of body color. I've got a grey car and was also thinking about going with a black kit. I've got a black front lip and really like the contrasting look, at least with that one piece. In one of the pictures (the profile shot), if you don't look closely, it almost looks like the car is higher off the ground because the black skirts look like a shadow. Do you notice that effect in real life at all?

Also, roughly how heavy are the rear diffuser and side skirts? I'm not sure if I'm going to order it if it weighs a lot...or maybe just skip the rear diffuser, if it's significantly heavier than the stock piece.

Thanks for your help. Also, when did you place your order? I remember these were on back order for a while.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #12
Red1Le

Drives: 2013 1Le
Beautiful. What color stripes are those carbon flash I assume?
Red1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #13
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Hey, your car looks really good with the kit, congrats. I was originally going to order it with my car, but had to remove it. I'm looking at it again now after seeing your post and had a couple questions:

I noticed you went with black instead of body color. I've got a grey car and was also thinking about going with a black kit. I've got a black front lip and really like the contrasting look, at least with that one piece. In one of the pictures (the profile shot), if you don't look closely, it almost looks like the car is higher off the ground because the black skirts look like a shadow. Do you notice that effect in real life at all?

Also, roughly how heavy are the rear diffuser and side skirts? I'm not sure if I'm going to order it if it weighs a lot...or maybe just skip the rear diffuser, if it's significantly heavier than the stock piece.

Thanks for your help. Also, when did you place your order? I remember these were on back order for a while.
I really am into contrast with things, so that's what I was going for too. I don't think it gets "lost in the shadows" as much in real life. The pieces go "out" more than they go down, which adds to the illusion. That being said, I think body color would look great as well, but I don't think the skirt would be a huge noticeable difference over stock if it was body colored.

I didn't get to feel any of these pieces, but I got the stock diffuser back, and it is paper thin and light. You can bend it and twist it easily. I'm sure these are a little beefier, but I still can't imagine the relative weight difference is significant.

I ordered them with the car back in January, before they went on hold. Dealer got the order through for them at the end of March, and they just came in.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1Le View Post
Beautiful. What color stripes are those carbon flash I assume?
Just the stock black hash marks from the factory.