Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Edelbrock Cross Ram Intake Manifold Setup?

Hey guys, let me start off by saying I've seen this posted around the site a few times, and from what I can tell nobody is running the setup. Nor do they mention how to go about running it. I think it would be totally cool to have if at all possible. I understand that from a performance standpoint that the gains are nothing if not a little less. I'm not interested in it for performance. I think it looks totally BA, that it would be cool to stand out from everyone else I know who owns a camaro, and have been trying to do research and figure out how to make this work on a stock LS3.

The intake is pretty self explanatory, twin throttle body access that utilizes two stock 90mm GM LS3 intakes.

I also realize that, according to Edelbrock, it's recommended to replace the fuel rails (and if needed, gaskets) with their's for the product to be capable of working with our engine.

Also, in order to control both throttle bodies together without reducing power to the first, you need the Ozmo TTB Controller.

What I can't seem to find is a way to make another intake work. It seem's you would either need to find two short tubed intakes that would be short enough to stay off to either side of the throttle bodies which would be a pain, or get a tube that connects one intake to both TB's. I guess what I'm trying to find out if any of you know a place that might be interested in creating a custom tube to fit from a cold air intake filter to both TB's, much like a "Y" shape that would also have room before the split for the Mass Airflow Sensor? Let me know what you guys think or if you can help out. Also, let me know if I haven't taken something into account, as I just started researching this last night and I'm trying to figure out all the pieces of the oddly shapped jigsaw puzzle. Thanks in advance!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 10-06-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling error
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #2
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
Is it for sale yet?
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:55 PM   #3
Gunmetal Speedster

Pretty sure! I have the option to add it to my cart from both Jegs and Summit Racing haha. $1284 for the manifold itself, $200 for the fuel rails, $400 for the twin throttle body controller. That combined with the cost of building your own intake on Spectre's website put's you around the $2000 mark. But if you wanna stand out you gotta pay to play I'm sure if I start saving for it now, I'll have it done in spring of 2k17
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 10-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #4
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
What about the MAP sensor ? Do you have to run two...wonder how the heck you would tune two MAP sensors. Guess it might be speed density tune only manifold ,I don't know
Old 10-07-2016, 12:33 AM   #5
Synner

Drives: cars
The MAF would go in the trash can and you do speed density tuning.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:29 AM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
The MAF would go in the trash can and you do speed density tuning.
That's what I was told as well
Old 10-07-2016, 07:08 AM   #7
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
You can run a maf no issue.

Don't forget the cost of an extra TB and lots of tuning time, plus you may have to hack up the engine back or move stuff to get it to fit. Custom AC line, move the PS reservoir, etc.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #8
Unobtainium
Fabricator

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
Does it really fit that bad in the bay that nobody has tried this yet? It's such a nice set-up for twin turbo, but there must be some gains n/a too I'd think.
393whp L99
GPI VVT Turbo Cam-in
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:31 AM   #9
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I think JPSS is about to drop this into a Camaro... saw a post on facebook yesterday about it.

Sorry if I blew your cover Pete

Best bet for intakes would be ditch the MAF, put some 3-4" tubes on the TBs and then top em with cone filters. If space is an issue just put the cone filters on the TBs
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53

Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 07-25-2017 at 08:41 AM.
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:13 AM   #10
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Bo will make a killing with those dual, unported GM TB's, on that Edelbrock intake, lolllllll.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:15 AM   #11
Gunmetal Speedster

Way to revive my thread kinda sad I never attempted this set up seeing how no one else has it going on. Did the research for it and had everything planned out. In the end I couldn't justify the cost and work that had to be done to make it work, maybe one day!

But running two Bo White ported TB would be sick