Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #15
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX let a parts cart roll into the side of my brand new car, leaving a long scratch that got the door and rear quarter.

Then, while changing spark plugs while trying to resolve a slight miss, they dropped "a foreign object" into the engine, started it, and damaged the piston and head.

Then, to gain better access to the engine, they removed the hood and damaged it when they dropped it on a work bench corner.

Then, when I got it back, they did not secure the hood properly so when I got home with the car after over a month, the hood had slid backwards and when I opened the driver side door, the door caught on the hood, bending both the door and the hood. They had also forgotten to install one of the radiator hose clamps causing the car to barf coolant everywhere.

Then, in my driveway, when I open the hood to check the barfing coolant, I see that they cracked the driver side fender liner.

Then, when I changed my oil in my garage 100 miles after the engine was opened up, I find so much metal in the oil it looks like a 13 year old girls fingernail polish. I take a large sample in to them, and they tell me, "All used motor oil looks like that".

SO, I took in an almost new car. One that was so perfect that I asked the service advisor to do a walk around with me and note that my car did not have any door dings, nor any rock chips. The car I got back had every body panel except 2 repainted, and an engine that was trashed. It was still running, but it ran rough and was down on power. I was told, "We can't do anything unless it blows". The repainted panels ALL looked like garbage. Paint runs, and horrific body panel gaps.

OH, and my personal favorite.....they left my car parked outside for the entire weekend WITH THE TOP DOWN. I saw that storms were coming, so I was worried my car might get damaged by hail, so I drove to the dealership at night to check to see if my car was outside. Sure enough, after hours, all service people gone, and there is my car in a fenced area WITH THE TOP DOWN.

I fought them so long, I finally just gave up. As long as they were willing to keep fixing their damage, GM wouldn't help. The service manager Mr. Zorn finally told me, "If it was my car, I would sell it". yeah, no crap.

SO, I took a massive bath trading in my car I had purchased brand new. Every dealership that looked at it asked if it had been wrecked. Classic Chevrolet is lucky they did this to me when I was at a time in my life where I had so many bad things going on, that I did not have any fight left.

BTW, all of my story was documented in real time with photos in a thread on the Saturn Sky Forum.
I had a problem with them on my C5 Corvette, first oil change they significantly over filled the engine. From then on, did all my own oil changes. Frankly, I'd trust the Kwik Car lube places that have a pit more for doing oil changes vs a dealer that puts the car on a lift.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #16
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it. I posted pics on the first post.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #17
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
WTF!!!!! I don't even know what to say about your story. That is just beyond nuts.

Quote:
Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX....
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #18
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
There are 4 adjustable arms on the lift so it is possible to misalign one and damage only one side and not damage the other side.

This actually happened to me also but I don't have skirts so it actually bent my fender and they had to take it to a body shop to realign everything.

If I were you, I would inspect the alignment of everything (skirts, fender, doors) and specifically look at the spacing of all the panels to make sure it's all even and correct because it is possible to misalign multiple things.

I'd file a claim with GM or talk to the general manager of the dealership and explain to them that they damaged your vehicle and you are worried about other things failing later on down the road and see what else they can give you in compensation.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #19
KGen6

Drives: 2016 V6 1LT
To: OP

I know the feeling! You leave your car thinking its in good hands only to get it back damaged! shit happens and we're all human. Glad the dealer is doing the right thing, some wont!!!!
KGen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #20
katrinacop

Drives: 2016 White SS Convertible
WoW. Scary. My back and forth with the dealer last week seems trivial compared to this!
katrinacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:29 AM   #21
SmAC

Drives: 2016 2SS
If I was in this situation I would ask for a rocker panel from a new car. From my experience parts painted by a "body shop " have never looked as good or held up as well as a "factory" paint job.
SmAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #22
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX let a parts cart roll into the side of my brand new car, leaving a long scratch that got the door and rear quarter.

Then, while changing spark plugs while trying to resolve a slight miss, they dropped "a foreign object" into the engine, started it, and damaged the piston and head.

Then, to gain better access to the engine, they removed the hood and damaged it when they dropped it on a work bench corner.

Then, when I got it back, they did not secure the hood properly so when I got home with the car after over a month, the hood had slid backwards and when I opened the driver side door, the door caught on the hood, bending both the door and the hood. They had also forgotten to install one of the radiator hose clamps causing the car to barf coolant everywhere.

Then, in my driveway, when I open the hood to check the barfing coolant, I see that they cracked the driver side fender liner.

Then, when I changed my oil in my garage 100 miles after the engine was opened up, I find so much metal in the oil it looks like a 13 year old girls fingernail polish. I take a large sample in to them, and they tell me, "All used motor oil looks like that".

SO, I took in an almost new car. One that was so perfect that I asked the service advisor to do a walk around with me and note that my car did not have any door dings, nor any rock chips. The car I got back had every body panel except 2 repainted, and an engine that was trashed. It was still running, but it ran rough and was down on power. I was told, "We can't do anything unless it blows". The repainted panels ALL looked like garbage. Paint runs, and horrific body panel gaps.

OH, and my personal favorite.....they left my car parked outside for the entire weekend WITH THE TOP DOWN. I saw that storms were coming, so I was worried my car might get damaged by hail, so I drove to the dealership at night to check to see if my car was outside. Sure enough, after hours, all service people gone, and there is my car in a fenced area WITH THE TOP DOWN.

I fought them so long, I finally just gave up. As long as they were willing to keep fixing their damage, GM wouldn't help. The service manager Mr. Zorn finally told me, "If it was my car, I would sell it". yeah, no crap.

SO, I took a massive bath trading in my car I had purchased brand new. Every dealership that looked at it asked if it had been wrecked. Classic Chevrolet is lucky they did this to me when I was at a time in my life where I had so many bad things going on, that I did not have any fight left.

BTW, all of my story was documented in real time with photos in a thread on the Saturn Sky Forum.

If that was all indeed true, I could understand if you went Rambo on a that dealership.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #23
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:

Damn that sound similar to my experience with Parkway in Tomball after they changed my supercharger on my 2012 ZL1. The porter had caught my front bumper and what should have taken a week to repair ended up taking 6 months and the longer it stayed there the more crap was happening to it. Finally just got them to give me the other parts that they were messing up that wasn't even related to the initial damage and it took it somewhere else. I was even dealing with the owner. Then month later my engine blew all of its coolant too, due to a hose that was improperly installed.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #24
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
I remember that, but don't ever recall the resolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuyPR View Post
This happened to another guy here. I'm sure soneone can post the link because it escapes me at the moment.
That was me. No resolution yet.

The dealership said "no damage". I said BS and called USAA and filed a claim. Appraisal is on Tuesday.

We've had a lot of bad winter weather here which has caused delays. I'll update my thread once I have more info and news.

Edit: here is the link
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475766
Old 01-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #25
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAC View Post
If I was in this situation I would ask for a rocker panel from a new car. From my experience parts painted by a "body shop " have never looked as good or held up as well as a "factory" paint job.

Well, I see your point but good luck with that one.. l have never heard of a dealer taking a new car apart to fix a customers.. would you want to be the guy that comes in and buys a new car from them and later find out your car was put back together because they used it to fix one in service..

I hate to see this happen to anyone, if the dealer doesn't have a good paint facility then maybe request prepainted factory shipped parts
Old 01-26-2017, 07:36 PM   #26
vet757

Update: Dealer repaired my car good as new! Got a new Malibu for a loaner very comfortable kinda liked it lol. The manager waited for me to personally deliver and inspect the car with me, also he added full detailing next time I get my oil changed, apologized on behalf of the dealer and promised it would never happen again. Im truly happy with my dealer(Rick Hendrick) they certainly got my business next go around.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #27
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet757 View Post
Update: Dealer repaired my car good as new! Got a new Malibu for a loaner very comfortable kinda liked it lol. The manager waited for me to personally deliver and inspect the car with me, also he added full detailing next time I get my oil changed, apologized on behalf of the dealer and promised it would never happen again. Im truly happy with my dealer(Rick Hendrick) they certainly got my business next go around.
Congrats! That is awesome!!
Old 01-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #28
vet757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Congrats! That is awesome!!
Thanks!

Tags
damage, dealer, lift, side skirt