Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #15
draph

Drives: AcuraTL SH-AWD 6MT and '70 'vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron scubadiver View Post
I bet the hit on that 1 year old Challenger is huge.
...probably why the dealer is presuming they can also save flatbed costs - sized up the OP as not particularly frugal or particular, and obviously someone who switches cars often and wouldn't be concerned about impact of 500 miles on long term reliability...
draph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #16
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I would flat out refuse the car if they didn't flatbed it. Just me.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #17
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Not in my life would I allow this. I would go get it,rive back myself.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #18
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
It would be a no go for me
Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #19
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Mine was driven about 100 miles to get to my dealer.. didn't care.
500 - I don't think I would care so much except that it takes away the joy of those early miles. As for the abuse on the drive - two points. Someone already said likely an old timer car jockey and you will probably be getting a warranty on this new car.. yes?

Doesn't matter in my mind.

These aren't hand built cars. While I love mine, its not a rare diamond - its a car built in a factory on an assembly line.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #20
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
No go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 PM   #21
instagram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Thanks everyone for your opinions, was wondering what everyone would say.. They already drove it 250+ miles and doing the rest tomorrow.. Pick up is tomorrow night. Sales manager told me it's 2 old guys driving it down and they will not romp it hard. Who knows though..

Warranty will start from whatever miles it has when it arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron scubadiver View Post
I bet the hit on that 1 year old Challenger is huge.
4 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRREVINTO7 View Post
Good Luck .. I own both a 16 Camaro SS and a Scatpack challenger.. ain't no way I would trade a Scatpack for the Camaro unless your looking for a straight up better car in the twisties.. and your not daily driving it .. Camaro is fun but man is it small inside with no head room and rear seat is non existent.. as far as 500 mile delivery Hell No
I agree in many ways, but love the look of the 6th gen and I'm getting a m6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
Mine was driven about 100 miles to get to my dealer.. didn't care.
500 - I don't think I would care so much except that it takes away the joy of those early miles. As for the abuse on the drive - two points. Someone already said likely an old timer car jockey and you will probably be getting a warranty on this new car.. yes?

Doesn't matter in my mind.

These aren't hand built cars. While I love mine, its not a rare diamond - its a car built in a factory on an assembly line.
Don't keep my cars for long, in my head its less time worrying about the break in.
Agree with the last statement thanks.
instagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #22
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Hello,

If you do decide to let them drive it, get the VIN first and turn on family plan from Onstar (costs about 4 bucks a month). That will let you know if they are hot rodding your car and where it is exactly. I did that when I ordered mine. I watched the Mighty HABU get loaded onto the train and knew when she arrived in Virginia. I set up notifications to tell me when it hit the dealership. I put in others to let me know when the truck was near my town. I was able to use that data to beat it to the dealership so I was there when it was unloaded.

Kindest,

Donner
PS, were it me, I'd either go pick it up, or have it trucked in. Your call though...
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #23
instagram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donner View Post
Hello,

If you do decide to let them drive it, get the VIN first and turn on family plan from Onstar (costs about 4 bucks a month). That will let you know if they are hot rodding your car and where it is exactly. I did that when I ordered mine. I watched the Mighty HABU get loaded onto the train and knew when she arrived in Virginia. I set up notifications to tell me when it hit the dealership. I put in others to let me know when the truck was near my town. I was able to use that data to beat it to the dealership so I was there when it was unloaded.

Kindest,

Donner
PS, were it me, I'd either go pick it up, or have it trucked in. Your call though...

thank you so much for this, they already activated on star under the VIN.. I just went and added the family link.
Says it can take up to 24 hours for the vehicle to show up though..
Where can I see how they're driving it exactly?
instagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #24
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by instagram View Post
thank you so much for this, they already activated on star under the VIN.. I just went and added the family link.
Says it can take up to 24 hours for the vehicle to show up though.. You want the stats from the Smart Driver...
Where can I see how they're driving it exactly?
Hello,

This page will take you to the link. The "Hard Accelerations and Hard Braking stuff" shows how it is being driven. It is very conservative about what trips it...

Kindest,

Donner
Attached Images

Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #25
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
wow guys mine was a dealer trade bc I wanted a sunroof and they didn't have one on the lot (a fifty). Mine was driven and had 300 miles on it. I could care less tbh, I don't get the big deal. Warranty starts at the mileage of delivery (300).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #26
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
I would absolutely pick it up myself.

My 1SS came from Utah, and my Dealer trailered it back. Had 5 miles on it when it arrived in MT. I WAS Lucky as they were taking a 1 ton, 4X4 pickup down there anyway.

Pick it up.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #27
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
yes Iam an old fart,and have done this job many times.But never over 300 miles-usually under that-an I babied the cars and drove very carefully,and heard some customers were not to happy-always wondered why the Dealers did not flat bed them on a single trailer.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #28
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
I would NOT let someone else drive my new high performance car 500 miles. Deal breaker for me.