Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
UK Camaro

Drives: 2017 Yellow UK Spec Camaro
New UK owner checking in

I am new to Camaros having owned Corvettes for most of the last 25 years. I currently have a 2013 Grand Sport. It's the only one ever made by GM to that specification, but it’s time for a change.

Such is my passion for your fabulous cars that I am awaiting a UK Spec yellow LT1 Coupe which is on order from the only authorised Camaro distributor. The car is in Belgium waiting to be moved to England soon, I hope. It will be the first one to be sold over here.

I have been lurking on this forum for a few days and look forward to getting more involved, but I may have a few questions to start with (if that's ok).
England
UK Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
Well welcome then mate!Fancy a pint?Ask away this is a pretty good site and someone will help you with the 6gen camaros.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Hey fella, nice to see a fellow Brit join up.

Similarly, last I heard mine was built and waiting to get on a boat, that was three weeks ago and the wait is killong me by now!

The first 1LT? Because the dealers have their first few 2SS sat there now, lol.
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Slightly OT but how do those of you from the UK feel about the American philosophy towards affordable horsepower vs. European performance brands? As much as I respect exotic cars, it seems like European sports cars are cordoned off for wealthy people only. You could probably drive a new SS across Europe for a week without running into anybody rich enough to challenge you.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
16Panther

Drives: 2016 RS
Will these be right hand or correct hand drive?
16Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Panther View Post
Will these be right hand or correct hand drive?

Hahaha. I'm sure they are all LHD like they are in America. Not worth it for Chevy to make them RHD unless Holden picks them up for sale in Australia and they decide to distribute widespread like the mustang. It's just in a land of small cars, the marked for a Camaro is small. Too small to make it worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #7
uberjeff

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Congratulations Rich! Post some pictures when it arrives. I imagine a bright yellow Camaro will probably attract a bit of attention in the UK. I look forward to hearing more about your experience.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:23 PM   #8
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
Welcome aboard! Enjoy the car and forum.
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #9
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'd be terrified of door dings. I know the tiny parking spots common in the us now, I can only imagine the size of UK ones
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:25 PM   #10
UK Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
Hey fella, nice to see a fellow Brit join up.

Similarly, last I heard mine was built and waiting to get on a boat, that was three weeks ago and the wait is killong me by now!

The first 1LT? Because the dealers have their first few 2SS sat there now, lol.
I didn't think the UK cars were designated as SS (although they look like it) which is why I said LT1 to denote the proper V8 version.

Are you getting yours though Ian Allan Motors? At the moment they have a Silver demo and a blue one.
England
Old 11-21-2016, 10:36 PM   #11
UK Camaro

Thank you for your welcomes.

Yes, it will be left hand drive – there is no right hand option, probably because sales are small.

Even at around $50,000 the car is still cheap compared to a lot of European stuff. For me the attraction is a V8, the looks, the rarity and the low servicing costs. I was quoted $125 for an air filter for my Vette over here, so I source my parts in the US and my sister who lives in Seattle and ships them over for me. Fuel cost can be a worry if you let it. A litre here is £1.20 - we’re not allowed to say" gallon" anymore thanks to our European friends.

Parking can be a problem, as with any car over here. The secret is to take a spot on the end away from everyone else, as I’m sure you guys do. Then you return to your car to find someone parked right next to you and the rest of the car park is almost empty!!

Thanks again, chaps.
England
Old 11-21-2016, 10:56 PM   #12
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Welcome good sir. Nice to see Camaro enthusiast from across the pond. I'm sure the wait must be brutal. Feel free to ask away with any questions you may have, there are a lot of extremely knowledgeable people here.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #13
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Camaro View Post
I didn't think the UK cars were designated as SS (although they look like it) which is why I said LT1 to denote the proper V8 version.

Are you getting yours though Ian Allan Motors? At the moment they have a Silver demo and a blue one.
Yep, them. Yeah on the price list they are just called "Turbo" or "V8". I misread and thought you'd put 1LT as I'm just so used to seeing people call them 2SS (which is effectively the model we get here - no 1SS option).

Looking at the website today they have a white one in stock and the blue one has been sold.
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:16 AM   #14
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Camaro View Post
Thank you for your welcomes.

Yes, it will be left hand drive – there is no right hand option, probably because sales are small.

Even at around $50,000 the car is still cheap compared to a lot of European stuff. For me the attraction is a V8, the looks, the rarity and the low servicing costs. I was quoted $125 for an air filter for my Vette over here, so I source my parts in the US and my sister who lives in Seattle and ships them over for me. Fuel cost can be a worry if you let it. A litre here is £1.20 - we’re not allowed to say" gallon" anymore thanks to our European friends.

Parking can be a problem, as with any car over here. The secret is to take a spot on the end away from everyone else, as I’m sure you guys do. Then you return to your car to find someone parked right next to you and the rest of the car park is almost empty!!

Thanks again, chaps.
I'm from California and I'm currently visiting Paris and different parts of Italy right now and I've noticed there aren't very many American cars around. Do you think people will look at you weird if you drive a Camaro or Corvette around the UK?
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote