Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #309
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just take a look at the overhang of the "fake" deck lid. Hangs well past the bumper and exhaust.

This a much smaller car than the size of the Camo.

You can see the same on the front fascia which is what makes me think there is a near gen5 fascia above the bumper to make us think the front is similar.

The more I look the more I think this car may be a revelation.........which was my hope.
Quote:
And, with full respect of your opinion, the Gen5 is a nice car, this would be the biggest fail GM could possibly launch.

Let's take the 2006 show car and keep it hanging around for 2021 or 2022. That will sell like hot cakes and surely bring new car enthusiasts to the Camaro brand.

If it has any clues from the Gen5 car this will disappoint.

Don't get hung up on "muscle". That has very limited appeal. Yes a huge amount on this website, but for total sales, profitability and Chevy brand image development, "muscle" and "gas guzzling" won't likely be helping when we clear 2020.

This is GM's opportunity to look forward, not back. This is the opportunity to send Ford and Fiat running to figure out how to compete. If it's the simple "muscle" equation, then it's an easy fight. Way to easy.

What you think you're seeing, here, is what GM wants you seeing, but does NOT reflect what ACTUALLY lies under the camo, and therefore does NOT represent the TRUE shape/form...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #310
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The '14 refresh front fascia is way more aggressive looking than the '10-13 front fascia.
Thanks for saying what I was going to say.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #311
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
The front lights in the current gen are around, and by seeing through the camo they seem to be round also. But I think they're round to just throw us off. In actuality the lights are similar to the bumblebees transformer camaro which are also similar to the code 130r concept.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #312
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
And, with full respect of your opinion, the Gen5 is a nice car, this would be the biggest fail GM could possibly launch.

Let's take the 2006 show car and keep it hanging around for 2021 or 2022. That will sell like hot cakes and surely bring new car enthusiasts to the Camaro brand.

If it has any clues from the Gen5 car this will disappoint.

Don't get hung up on "muscle". That has very limited appeal. Yes a huge amount on this website, but for total sales, profitability and Chevy brand image development, "muscle" and "gas guzzling" won't likely be helping when we clear 2020.

This is GM's opportunity to look forward, not back. This is the opportunity to send Ford and Fiat running to figure out how to compete. If it's the simple "muscle" equation, then it's an easy fight. Way to easy.
I don't by any means, think the 6th gen should look like a smaller 5th gen.

But I sure as hell hope it has some of the 5th gen cues....specifically those sexy hips, and an aggressive style with angles much like the Corvette. We don't want a softer Camaro, like the softer Mustang....keep us excited. I love the way the light bounces off the 5th gen...showing every angle, like a muscular sculpture.

5th gen may be getting long in the tooth...and guess what...my car still turns heads on the street. Its just a damn good looking car...period. Sometimes a certain style...never goes out of style.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #313
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Thanks for saying what I was going to say.
I like the 14 front for the most part, but not the rear. But that's another discussion that's been overdone lol.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #314
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Am I loosing my mind or what ?

Other than what looks like hood vents that thing looks almost the same as the car does now.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #315
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
This redesign was promised to be "evolutionary, not revolutionary." Whatever changes they make, I hope they learned from the 2014-2015 refresh and move back in the direction of the 2010-2013 look in the front and rear. Putting taillights from a Chevy Volt on a Camaro along with a giant plastic rear bumper and mini-headlights does not scream "muscle." I'm nervous that making a "smaller, lighter" Camaro will make it a wimpier Camaro. They moved in the wimpier direction in 2014. Please, GM, don't do it again. I'm not feeling the wheels or rear thus far.

If they could take a 2013 and make it a little smaller and lighter, it would be the perfect car. Exactly a 2013 with ZL1 wheels/NPP standard and a 250 lb weight reduction...hello, success. I'll be waiting in line.
By far the 2014-15 are the best looking and best Featured/optioned Camaros to date.
GM finally got it right as far as I'm concerned!!

That's why I got mine now. I'm not too optimistic I'll like the 6th gen as much!
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #316
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Am I loosing my mind or what ?

Other than what looks like hood vents that thing looks almost the same as the car does now.
And I'm guessing that is exactly what they are hoping we see. Anything we see that isn't what the car looks like is a good Camo job.

It's amazing that people are seeing tail lights that aren't there, elements of every generation, hatchbacks and notch backs. This is an awesome disguise. Transformer-sequel even.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #317
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

But I sure as hell hope it has some of the 5th gen cues....specifically those sexy hips, and an aggressive style with angles much like the Corvette. We don't want a softer Camaro, like the softer Mustang....keep us excited. I love the way the light bounces off the 5th gen...showing every angle, like a muscular sculpture.

5th gen may be getting long in the tooth...and guess what...my car still turns heads on the street. Its just a damn good looking car...period. Sometimes a certain style...never goes out of style.
I totally agree with you here! I think the 5th gen should have actually gone another 2 or 3 years. People are NOT tired of it yet!
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #318
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

First thing the 5th gen is a great looking design. I like that the 6th gen Camaro is getting smaller and lighter. I hope it is similar in size to the 69' Camaro. My top three complaints with the 5th gen are weight, visibility, and interior design and materials. These are all valid complaints and if they fix these problems expect even more people to buy a 6th gen Camaro. I went on a test drive and all these I would like to be addressed.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #319
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Excited to see more photos with less and less camo as we get closer to production.
As far as the complaints of it being tiny, have you ever seen a 1st Gen and a 5th Gen side by side? 5th Gen Camaros look huge compared to the 1st Gen.
This is my parents '68 next to my '10 ABM when it was still theirs.
The 5th Gen is just a couple inches bigger than the 1969 Camaro , which it has more
cues from and take after! 5th Gen is even the same width as the 69!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #320
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I like the wheels.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #321
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
I totally agree with you here! I think the 5th gen should have actually gone another 2 or 3 years. People are NOT tired of it yet!
The 5th gen design will be 9 years old by the time the 6th gen is revealed.

That's a great way to make a good design go stale very quickly.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #322
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Drives: 12' ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Agree... that would be nice to see. Sleek, still Camaro. Would really like to see GM up the game in the Muscle Car Wars though. Lead, Follow, or Get Out of The Way! I don't care what HP they come out with. For me, it's all about the 1/4 Mile bragging rights. Make sure it can run 10.8 like the Hellcat, at least with an "optional rear gear ratio". For those who prefer better mileage, well, 8 speed tranny will take care of that. Pure. Simple. Of course, with finesse and class and MUSCLE looks. The silver one does look the part. We have got to soon be reaching the crescendo of the horsepower wars. GM, let Camaro out of the gate please!
You can build a 10 second car a lot cheaper than you can buy one. If your paying 40,000$ for quarter mile times your nuts.
Beef Cake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation