Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #15
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
@NY Andrew thx for those deep informations ! What interests me most of all is how tall you are ? Because iīm 6.6 and iīm not sure to fit under that sunroof which is a must have for me and the kill factor not puchasing a Stang. Do you think i could fit ? And this is white interior with white side pillars and roof ? Or is it stone ? I like to have the white roof inside but brown seats.....yeah i know thatīs not an option.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #16
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
I love those blind spot mirrors too, but wouldn't be caught dead with that on my Camaro lol, plus it probably wouldn't fit with the icon that lights up when cars are in your blind spot. Also noticed the same thing those side windows really aren't practical to look out of, but I'm working around it without issue.

I know I thought I was the only one who ordered the Medium Ash interior as well! I love it it really brings the whole car together with class. I've had black leather in the past. So far it stays clean. Only issue I have is it comes with grey floor mats...I'm not sure if that's based on the seats they matched, or if the Camaro just comes with grey floor mats..because they get dirty..fast..but not going to buy floor mats I'll live. But yes I love the grey way more than black!!

I'm almost 6' myself and fit under with plenty of room above when slouched and when sitting up CONPLETELY straight there's maybe an inch. You being 6.6 I'm not sure..I'd definitely suggest go sit in one before you make the decision. I think it's grey/white roof/pillar color may have to double check, like a cream color I think.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak

Last edited by NY Andrew; 12-15-2015 at 11:06 AM.
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:36 PM   #17
VF-22

Drives: 4 Wheels
Had a few questions.

• Why did you get rid of your 2015 Mustang? Which Mustang did you have (EB, V6, V8)?
  • Can you give a good review of WHY you like it over the Mustang...and the pro/cons of each car
  • Come on...you cannot talk about the NPP on the V6 and not post a video..FOR SHAME MAN FOR SHAME!
  • Lastly were you on Mustang6g?

I found your two statements really telling...
A HUGE upgrade from my 2015 Mustang, this actually feels like how a 2016 vehicle should be.
I feel the same way about the Mustang that they didn't go all out. Felt like they left a bunch of things missing like the NPP, better gauges, more tech, etc.
The Mustang's transmission is complete trash compared to this. THIS is quality. Absolutely love it.

I also feel that Mustang should have had a new manual and auto transmission in their new Mustang. Dodge did it, Camaro did it. Ford...NOPE.
VF-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #18
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
What do you mean by alter the wheel? Did you try adjusting the wheel setting separately?

Also make sure you leave climate to AUTO for remote start. It may run the AC for a moment to kill condensation in the system. Also for the air constantly blowing, cycle your Recirculation button. GM and several other manufacturers uses constant air to keep mildew in check. I think I remember someone saying toggling it will kill it. Don't forget to turn on remote heated seats in the vehicle personalization menu.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #19
stars_fan
Nerd

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Techie ... IT majoring in what?
stars_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #20
NY Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-22 View Post
Had a few questions.

• Why did you get rid of your 2015 Mustang? Which Mustang did you have (EB, V6, V8)?
  • Can you give a good review of WHY you like it over the Mustang...and the pro/cons of each car
  • Come on...you cannot talk about the NPP on the V6 and not post a video..FOR SHAME MAN FOR SHAME!
  • Lastly were you on Mustang6g?

I found your two statements really telling...
A HUGE upgrade from my 2015 Mustang, this actually feels like how a 2016 vehicle should be.
I feel the same way about the Mustang that they didn't go all out. Felt like they left a bunch of things missing like the NPP, better gauges, more tech, etc.
The Mustang's transmission is complete trash compared to this. THIS is quality. Absolutely love it.

I also feel that Mustang should have had a new manual and auto transmission in their new Mustang. Dodge did it, Camaro did it. Ford...NOPE.
Got rid of it because of high mileage (30,000+ a year) and I literally couldn't handle the media controls anymore it pretty much led me to buy a new car believe it or not. The lack of tech was driving me insane (for Sirius XM had to buy a unit to put on top of the car and wire in and was a pain in the ass to switch between iPhone and radio. It was a V6. Think I did pretty much give pros/cons... Ha, as far as NPP video, there are plenty out there on YouTube and some very good ones in the forums so didn't feel the need to post one. No I was not on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
What do you mean by alter the wheel? Did you try adjusting the wheel setting separately?

Also make sure you leave climate to AUTO for remote start. It may run the AC for a moment to kill condensation in the system. Also for the air constantly blowing, cycle your Recirculation button. GM and several other manufacturers uses constant air to keep mildew in check. I think I remember someone saying toggling it will kill it. Don't forget to turn on remote heated seats in the vehicle personalization menu.
When you change driving modes it alters the steering wheel feel (more/less effort to turn). And good suggestion for auto, still this should be a no brainier by default for remote start, but for whatever reason they didn't feel the need to default it like that. I just hate how they have constant airflow. It only slows the air flow switching between the two circulation modes. I thought about setting the seats to do that, but with the weather fluctuating don't want them to be on all the time. Don't think there is an option to allow the ventilated seats to come on automatically with remote start which would have been nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars_fan View Post
Techie ... IT majoring in what?
I've been focused primarily on software development for years, but staying mostly open to anything besides security.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #21
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post

When you change driving modes it alters the steering wheel feel (more/less effort to turn). And good suggestion for auto, still this should be a no brainier by default for remote start, but for whatever reason they didn't feel the need to default it like that. I just hate how they have constant airflow. It only slows the air flow switching between the two circulation modes. I thought about setting the seats to do that, but with the weather fluctuating don't want them to be on all the time. Don't think there is an option to allow the ventilated seats to come on automatically with remote start which would have been nice..
I should have been more specific. You did try changing to Sport mode to see if you like the feel on that setting better right? Or do both Comfort and Sport not cut it for you?

Doesn't the Climate controls stay in AUTO if you leave it that way on turn off? In my BMW I pretty much leave it on AUTO all the time. Bout the only thing I adjust is temp up or down a couple degrees or hit max A/C on a hot day (which pulls it out of AUTO). There's a lot of people who say it is a bad idea to completely turn off air flow for the before mentioned mildew problems. Honestly though if you are wanting to turn it off, close the vents. It's your easiest fix. I know that's probably irritating though.

The manual states heated seats on remote start will only come on during cold days. So guessing there is some sort of tie in to the ambient air sensor. So you shouldn't have a problem there. It is odd to me that ventilated seats don't have a remote option (at least according to the manual online) but Dodge does with theirs.

Btw, thanks for the review and replies. I'm in IT too, so things you zeroed in on are important to me too.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #22
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Very nice throw review, couldn't agree more about the blind spots, they are a non issu once you drive it a few days, anyone harping on about the blind spots ether needs to learn how to adjust their mirrors correctly or are bias agenst the Camaro and are just looking for something to gripe about.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #23
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Fantastic review!

I would hope to shout this car would club a V6 Mustang in terms of comfort and features...the Camaro was probably...about $12,000 more? In terms of MSRP? Literally the most base Mustang you can get with the most loaded Camaro shy of a 2SS possible...
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #24
NY Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I should have been more specific. You did try changing to Sport mode to see if you like the feel on that setting better right? Or do both Comfort and Sport not cut it for you?

Doesn't the Climate controls stay in AUTO if you leave it that way on turn off? In my BMW I pretty much leave it on AUTO all the time. Bout the only thing I adjust is temp up or down a couple degrees or hit max A/C on a hot day (which pulls it out of AUTO). There's a lot of people who say it is a bad idea to completely turn off air flow for the before mentioned mildew problems. Honestly though if you are wanting to turn it off, close the vents. It's your easiest fix. I know that's probably irritating though.

The manual states heated seats on remote start will only come on during cold days. So guessing there is some sort of tie in to the ambient air sensor. So you shouldn't have a problem there. It is odd to me that ventilated seats don't have a remote option (at least according to the manual online) but Dodge does with theirs.

Btw, thanks for the review and replies. I'm in IT too, so things you zeroed in on are important to me too.
Yes I have changed driving modes and prefer more of a comfort steering wheel feel as opposed to a more tighter road feel experience. I prefer both the steering feel and transmission in Tour mode. I do switch to Sport when going up big hills though because I like the way it shifts smoother in situations like that. I personally just prefer a more easy/comfort driving experience.

I actually believe that the remote start climate controls default to whatever your last setting was, not automatic. Just going off my memory though, because once I get in I remember pushing auto. That's interesting the manual sated that, guess I overlooked that part. It probably defaults to the hottest setting (3 seat temp settings) which is actually really warm so I probably wouldn't even prefer that. I would almost think that they'd have a software update for the venitalatd seat option, but I guess that's just me being optimistic.

Mind me asking what you do specifically and if you like it? Not sure which route to take yet and how many years of schooling/experience is going to be necessary. As a tech comparison, I would almost say the Camaro is the Android of cars (fully customizable with plenty of options) while the Mustang is the iPhone (none of any customizations and options).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
Very nice throw review, couldn't agree more about the blind spots, they are a non issu once you drive it a few days, anyone harping on about the blind spots ether needs to learn how to adjust their mirrors correctly or are bias agenst the Camaro and are just looking for something to gripe about.
Thank you! Exactly, I think Chevy did exactly what they needed to do in order to solve the blind spot issue, but some people are never satisfied and need something to complain about. If you're paying attention to the road you should always have a general idea of where all the vehicles are around you, at least that's what I do. Don't advocate it, but I switch lanes without a turn signal at times when I know the distance I have is great from vehicles around me and haven't had a single issue even glancing at the side mirrors without dependability on the blind spot monitoring feature. Some people just need to learn how to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Fantastic review!

I would hope to shout this car would club a V6 Mustang in terms of comfort and features...the Camaro was probably...about $12,000 more? In terms of MSRP? Literally the most base Mustang you can get with the most loaded Camaro shy of a 2SS possible...
By the time I was out the door after everything I believe it was entry 2SS pricing and around the 'fully loaded' Premium Mustang GT price that being NOWHERE near as loaded as the Camaro is. Going all out on a fully loaded V6 vs getting a V8 feature-less in my case was well worth it.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #25
filth_e_mcnasti

Drives: I want a Camaro
Is there a huge difference between yours and the SS2.. I mean obviously the engine and some exterior features, but it seems as far as the RS package is concerned it has most interior amenities that the SS2 has for a lesser price.
filth_e_mcnasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:58 PM   #26
beflat10r

Drives: 2017 2LT, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Great review. Nice to read this now because I just bought my new leftover 2017 2LT with very similar packages except for the lit bowtie. I have blackout bowties.
Here's a bit of a twist on your trade in. I traded in my 2015 2SS Camaro that I bought used just last February. I like all the new tech features that weren't on the 2SS. Also most of this winter so far, and I have no garage, I've had to let the 2SS just sit because of the summer/performance tires. Also the 3.6 goes plenty fast and runs on regular gas unlike the SS. I'm taking some heat from owners of V8 muscle cars-none of them Camaro owners, but still. Anyway I'm not ashamed to say I like this 2017 a lot better. Also I'm old and don't take cars to the track and don't do any race off the green light. I do like to hit it on an open hiway from time to time. It certainly does not have that amazing low end torque, but I have a Camaro I can now drive when it's 40-45 degrees and below.
So thank you for this positive review of your 2LT. Timely for me with my 1 week old '17 2LT!
beflat10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:27 AM   #27
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
Great review. I am looking to purchase a V6 model sometime in the spring for a daily driver. This review helped tons.
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #28
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Nice car and I can certainly relate- I have the same car in gray. I get more compliments on this car than any car I have ever owned. The looks are stellar, the car jumps out at time very time i see it- driving it just OK. My WRX has more space and is more fun to drive- probably because it's manual transmission- but has blah looks compared to the Camaro. Hopefully your A8 is a good one.