Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Authentk

Drives: 2012 Tahoe Ltz
New Member New Camaro?

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and I'm very excited to purchase my first Camaro. I went to a car dealership earlier this morning to get my Tahoe serviced and ended up test driving a 2014 Camaro SS. I must say it was a pleasant 10 minute drive, I even received a thumbs up from a woman at a red light while test driving the Camaro.

The point of this thread is to say I want to trade in my 2007 Mustang GT/CS for a new and or used Camaro SS within the next year or so. They were asking 36k for the new 2014 I was driving, my current mustang has close to 100k miles on it. I did a little research and checked KBB and NADA and the trade in value for my Pony is around 10-15k. I'm torn if I should wait another year or pull the trigger.

Thanks guys.
Attached Images

Authentk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
spotticus

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I went to get my Acura serviced, found out it needed a new transmission and ended up with a new SS the same day.

DO IT AND NEVER LOOK BACK!
spotticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Authentk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotticus View Post
I went to get my Acura serviced, found out it needed a new transmission and ended up with a new SS the same day.

DO IT AND NEVER LOOK BACK!
I really want to, but I have to go through my wife as well. Which is always a obstacle to say the least.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
spotticus

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Yeah... my wife was at work when I did it... I texted her that I was going to and she didn't believe me apparently.

When I came home she was less than thrilled... then she rode in it and all was good again.

Dodged a bullet there...
spotticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
Authentk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotticus View Post
Yeah... my wife was at work when I did it... I texted her that I was going to and she didn't believe me apparently.

When I came home she was less than thrilled... then she rode in it and all was good again.

Dodged a bullet there...
Well my wife was actually with me and she already knows my intentions are to get a Camaro within the year or next year. Its just hard to walk away from the dealership without one.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Trade it in and never look back lol. If you wait a year you can look into the new gen that will come out and also you will find some nice used ones for a decent price.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentk View Post
I must say it was a pleasant 10 minute drive, I even received a thumbs up from a woman at a red light while test driving the Camaro.
She works for the dealership. They send her out whenever someone test drives a Camaro.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #8
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Go in and make a offer. The dealer doesn't want to keep that car on his lot for a ridiculous Wyoming winter!! What's the worst that could happen?? He says no and you get it in the spring.....
Old 10-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #9
Authentk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
It's almost as if you should wait until spring, but if that is a 2SS with a few options that is a good price.
To me it had all the bells and whistles on it, they dropped by 6k b/c he said they are trying to get rid of them. Oh and yes it was the 2SS.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
Authentk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Trade it in and never look back lol. If you wait a year you can look into the new gen that will come out and also you will find some nice used ones for a decent price.
I want to wait b/c of the new gen coming out. Then again I don't really know the details of what the new gen Camaro will offer. They also dropped the price on the ZL1 by 10000. i wanted to test drive it but didn't want to tease myself. lol
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #11
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentk View Post
I want to wait b/c of the new gen coming out. Then again I don't really know the details of what the new gen Camaro will offer. They also dropped the price on the ZL1 by 10000. i wanted to test drive it but didn't want to tease myself. lol
Can't have your cake and eat it too....Doesn't sound like you're ready to pull the trigger, so see what they've got next spring. Someone will buy that ZL1 for $10K to $12K off the sticker price, so it won't be there.....
Old 10-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #12
Authentk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX/ZL1 View Post
Can't have your cake and eat it too....Doesn't sound like you're ready to pull the trigger, so see what they've got next spring. Someone will buy that ZL1 for $10K to $12K off the sticker price, so it won't be there.....
This is true, I truly do want to pull the trigger then again I think my best bet would be to wait it out a little. I do believe the best prices will be right now since the weather is about to suck. The dealership in Colorado was awesome, maybe back.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
I just went in to see what the headroom was on a convertible. Sat in it for 2 min with top up and then we put to top down, went for a ride and it followed me home. Have never regretted purchase.

go for it you will love the car.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #14
Authentk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
I just went in to see what the headroom was on a convertible. Sat in it for 2 min with top up and then we put to top down, went for a ride and it followed me home. Have never regretted purchase.

go for it you will love the car.
I came really close today, luckily my wife was with me and I knew she wouldn't go for it today. Plus I like to be pre-approved before I go in.