Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #57
JGS

Drives: 2015 2SS LS3 NPP/1LE/ Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You got to love all the self righteous people on this forum that give someone shit about speeding. I don't believe for a second that none of you have never gone over the speed limit. Plus you bought somewhat hi powered vehicles. Why? Just to say you have one. This forum can be so full of trying to be politically correct at times that it's makes me laugh. There isn't a single person that drives that as never gone over the posted limit and most do it every single day no matter what vehicle they're in.

OP, you just have to be more aware. It's possible to have a little fun in these cars without affecting others and without getting tickets. I do it all the time.
agreed !
JGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #58
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
"I can't help myselth...I juss have ta speeeeed.".
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #59
NASCR3

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS/RS/HURST
Mine seldom if ever leaves the garage, so problem solved...

2G1FT1EW7B9128807

Ordered: 8/6/2010
1100: 8/6/2010
2000: 8/23/2010
2051: 8/10/2010
2500: 8/24/2010
3000: 8/25/2010
3100: 9/8/2010
3300: 9/8/2010
3400: 9/11/2010
3800: 10/4/2010
4000: 10/4/2010
4200: 10/4/2010
5000: 10/13/2010
6000: 10/14/2010
NASCR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #60
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
Its almost impossible to go the speed limit. Just be aware of your surroundings and pick your spots. Hammer down. FTW!!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #61
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGS View Post
They are legal in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan....other provinces, they are illegal.
Ah, thanks. Western provinces. Kind of like some western states that used to have 'Reasonable and Prudent' as a speed limit. Heard stories about truckers in Ontario getting caught with them and the the cop sets them under a tire and makes them drive over it. Unlike Virginia where some state cops got busted selling confiscated detectors a few years ago.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #62
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
Yeah, where I live most cars speed. You are actually more of a hazard here if you go the speed limit (on the freeway, anyway).
That's so true. Been through Atlanta many times and I just keep up with the main flow... regardless of how fast it's going. Sometimes you just have to follow the crowd.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #63
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I have a hard time believing that anyone who's installed mods on their vehicle to increase its performance (HP) and says they have not sped, tested what its capable of doing on a highway or interstate is full of shit.
Who here has said that?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 02-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #64
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
One of my favorite features is the speed warning indicator you can set to any speed. I usually set it for ten over and then I can choose to slow down or ignore it. I like it because it helps prevent those idiotic tickets when you really just aren't paying attention and not speeding "on purpose".
It's a great feature.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #65
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8OPEC View Post
The "Captain asshole cape" is for people that zig zag in and out of traffic! I don't do this! Yes, I drive faster than the posted speed limit everywhere I go at a safe and prudent speed for me (Never more than 15 MPH) even when I have to drive to Detroit. Does that count as out of my element?
Sorry. I tried to Google "Captain Asshole" but came up empty. As I said earlier, "safe and prudent" will not get you a ticket.

Quote:
True, most of the officers around here are my friends but don't think for a second they wouldn't write me a ticket if I were driving like an asshole!
Again... it's hard to define "asshole" and you kind of implied that I might wear that rank for preaching to OP about speeding habits.

Quote:
BTW: You sound like an officer or former officer with a chip on your shoulder! You know the type, do as I say not as I do or I'll get you kind of person! Don't take this as disrespect for law enforcement officers because that's not the case but you need to show respect to get it!
Nope. No chip. No LEO in my history, but there are MANY times I wish I was. I show respect to all LEOs on the rare occasions when I get pulled over (probably a dozen times in over 40 years behind the wheel). To disrespect one is just begging for a ticket.

Quote:
Also I clocked somewhere around 80,000 miles last year and guess what, NO TICKETS!
Good for you! I've had ONE speeding ticket in 44 years of driving... and I don't "granny" my cars. I just drive smart and only "play" (exceeding 10+ over the limit) when it is safe to do so.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #66
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
I speed, I don't got a problem admitting it and I'll keep doing it.

If I get a ticket I recognize 3 things:

It's not the car's fault.

It's not the officer's fault.

It's not the law's fault.

That said, I may not agree with the limit, but it's a limit not a suggestion. What I do beyond that is on me, I'm not going to sit up and blame municipal revenue, the LEO or some BS behind it. You wanna speed, then do it, either you'll get more tickets and stop, be forced to stop, or you'll learn not to get caught and exercise prudence.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #67
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
I speed, I don't got a problem admitting it and I'll keep doing it.

If I get a ticket I recognize 3 things:

It's not the car's fault.

It's not the officer's fault.

It's not the law's fault.

That said, I may not agree with the limit, but it's a limit not a suggestion. What I do beyond that is on me, I'm not going to sit up and blame municipal revenue, the LEO or some BS behind it. You wanna speed, then do it, either you'll get more tickets and stop, be forced to stop, or you'll learn not to get caught and exercise prudence.
This really is all that there is to say...

Perfectly stated.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #68
Cheeyuhh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Its really not worth it! I got caught when nobody was around and it was a wooded area. Got me at 102... can't drive for 6 months. Its killing me! But you pay to play. Lesson learned.
Cheeyuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #69
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
I know it's wrong, but in my mind, the posted speed limit is the minimum acceptable speed traffic should be flowing. If I'm following someone down the street in a 40 mph zone and they're going 39 mph, I'm looking around to see what's the matter!? I live in a city where the traffic lights are ALL out-of-time and the only way to not get stopped at every red light is to drive 5 mph over the speed limit.

That said, if you are going to speed, then "speed smart". How many times do you see someone pulled over in a nothing car? It makes me wonder, geez, what must they have been doing to get pulled over? On the highway, use your cruise control and keep it within 9 mph of the posted limit. When you do hold it down and flog it, then you really need to be on your toes. By that I mean situational awareness, radar detector, a 2nd set of eyes, clear view of the road ahead, foot covering the brake, all your equpment in working order, no alcohol in your system, etc. And if/when you are pulled over, pull over immediately, hands on the wheel, be friendly, say you're sorry, have all your paperwork in order and ask if you could be let go with a warning.

Clearly, we have a wide range of opinions about speeding on this forum. Just don't be crazy
thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #70
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
lol I know right?! I just haven't had time yet, plus part of me is thinking "it's a trap!"
I think your right LOL,and beautiful too! where have you bin all my life
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote