Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #43
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I drive five miles to a parking lot where my car sits all day while I take an express bus to my job in downtown Minneapolis. No sense leaving a nice car sitting in a parking lot all day with the sun beating on it in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. Plus, the Camaro is a 1LE, can't even drive it in the winter with the tires that are on it. I use my 2005 Chevy Malibu for going back and forth. Its cheap, simple and gets good mileage.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #44
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro

My 87 Cutlass is a garage queen now, but only cause she put in her time already. Probably, somewhere in the vacinity of 160,000 miles driven in the Cutlass.

I got her during high school (92') and drove her until 2010 when I got my Camaro.

She's earned it.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #45
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
Because we can. If the OP is not wanting to offend people why even start the useless thread?
It doesn't offend me, i have four vehicles to choose from so they all have low mileage.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #46
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
They can't afford to fill her up every week.
Probably
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #47
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Darn here I was thinking this was going to be about women who work on their Camaros... Oh well.
As far as the question I feel the same way, but my DD is my Camaro. I can only think that is it to take it to car shows only. if they drive it daily then there's more of a chance they'll get in an accident, so if they have a old car they don't care about that much I can see why they might rather drive that than take a chance in meeting some idiot on the road.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #48
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Not my DD, not a GQ.
Each vehicle I own has a purpose.
The Camaro is for me to enjoy a nice ride in.
It has seen rain, snow and slush...... but minimal.

I do like the comment someone made.... about keeping miles low for the next owner... that is what I say about my bank roll.... it is for the next guy
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #49
nelsont

Drives: 2018 2SS Hot Wheels Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc9193 View Post
I guess if you were older you would understand. Sometimes my car may sit for weeks until the weather is right. Its different when you have 4 vehicles to choose from. You will get there one day. To you its a car, to others that knew what it was before it came out it is more than that.
nelsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #50
Meister

Drives: 2016 Corvette Stingray Z51
No offense taken here. I've had an "extra", "fun" or "toy" car for quite a few years now. I try not to drive them when there is rain or snow in the forecast. I just sold my 2002 BMW M3 convertible earlier this year with 50k miles. I bought it as the second owner 6 years ago when it had 26k so i drove it about 5k per year. The 2013 Camaro replaced the M. Got the Camaro in February and it only has 2k miles today but it will probably get 5k a year too. I have a 2005 Yukon XL Denali with 92k miles and a 2011 Buick LaCrosse for daily drivers. They tend to get the commuting miles (50 round trip) with the Camaro driven to work occasionally and on weekends.
Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #51
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
I was pretty young when I bought my "garage queen" at 25. It was my first new car and I knew it would be my project/hobby car. I already had a daily driver. I like to take it out on nice days and now that I think it's up to par with some nicer track cars I'll bring it to auto x and car shows. number 116,XXX with only 8 thousand miles.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #52
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweiten View Post
Don't take this the wrong way. But to all you Garage Queen owners out there. Why? I wonder why some of you own a 2010 2SS with every option and yet they only have 3000 miles on the car. Why don't you drive it? Why do you let it just sit there when you have already paid for it or are still making payments? Again, don't take this the wrong way. I'm just wondering.
I don't understand what it matters to anyone what anyone else does to an with the cars they spent their own money on... However - I think they're probably missing out on true permagrin.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #53
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I don't understand what it matters to anyone what anyone else does to an with the cars they spent their own money on... However - I think they're probably missing out on true permagrin.
I walk in my garage every day
Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #54
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabotAndHeat View Post

My 87 Cutlass is a garage queen now, but only cause she put in her time already. Probably, somewhere in the vacinity of 160,000 miles driven in the Cutlass.

I got her during high school (92') and drove her until 2010 when I got my Camaro.

She's earned it.
Bravo! That is a pretty sweet Cutlass.

I know that a lot of people use them for the weekend car and have other DDs but I dont get the ones that dont drive them during the summer AND store for the winter. You have like 6 months of good weather to enjoy the car and you immediately block out 70% of the time. I do get the ones that have long commutes but if you only work like 20 miles away.

And yes, Ive talked about this with my father-in-law who has a 69 SS/RS that gets drove any time he can. He doesnt drive to work because its a 30 mile drive and with a 4 speed and 4:11 gears, its a slow haul (and horrible MPG, lol) on the interstate. Yet, as soon as he comes home if he has to go somewhere he takes it.

Side note: The crazy thing is that you will see Corvette owners do the same thing. They claim no rain, blah, blah but when it comes time to sell it the majority of them put a 3-5k price bump on it only to watch it sit until they come down. Plus, Ive bought a previous garage queen. A 2000 Formula. Had 32k miles on it in 7 years. I put almost 10k on it before I sold it. Was just too much fun of a car and the price was right.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #55
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator75 View Post
If you owned a Bentley, would you drive it every day?
NO my driver would
Old 08-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #56
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
If the sun is out, my car is out. A 3 second rain storm can ruin 3 hours of detailing on a black car.

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote