Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-09-2023, 10:28 AM   #43
Briland_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
The thing is, is that with modern Catalytic converter technology the air coming out the tailpipe is not toxic. Also the atmosphere is .04% CO2, yes you read that correct, .04%. Plant life can not survive if the atmosphere were to hit .02% CO2 because it would suffocate. So all these "green initiatives" to reduce CO2 and help the environment might actually end up eliminating plant life all together one day. Since the start of the industrial revolution CO2 in the atmosphere went from about .03% to about .04%. Does .01% CO2 concentration increase in over 100years sound worth it to completely uproot the entire USA economy? Because at the end of the day we are only talking about the US policy and we aren't even close to the top producer of CO2 so what difference are you proposing that electric cars will actually make?????????
Briland_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 01:03 PM   #44
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway_1 View Post
Sorry, if that were the case carbon based fuels would have been depleted prior to World War 2.
Actually, there were 3 periods where they said we would "run out of oil",

1920's, 1950's and 1970's. We keep finding more and more coal, NG, and oil and develop ways to extract it.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:13 PM   #45
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Idaho and Canada have cobalt mines. Don't need to rely on the Chinese. Expand existing mines, and find new vein sources in the west. Please don't present the argument that "democrats will block mining in America". Democrats are first and foremost capitalists. Even Biden approved further oil drilling permits on federal land.
Hardly capitalists...

In any event, they will ok mines, like the FAST-41 in order to get what THEY want. It has nothing to do with capitalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
This is where society's going, but nobody's going to try to take away your toys.

This isn't the 1970s when the arabs had our balls. America now produces more oil than Saudi Arabia or Russia, and even the "demoncrats" as some of you will mutter behind closed doors, have approved permits to drill.

Your cars will be fine.
They won't take away the cars. They will reduce fuel production and then tax it so you can't afford it and/or make pollution standards so high you can't pass smog, and/or just not allow your car to be registered. So, your right. They won't take away our cars. They'll just make it inconvenient or impossible to use them.

Oh, BTW, the permit thing? Depending on the timing, that is to appease voters, or the courts forced them to OK them.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:38 PM   #46
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Name:  IMG_6120.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  60.3 KB
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:17 PM   #47
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
The thing is, is that with modern Catalytic converter technology the air coming out the tailpipe is not toxic. Also the atmosphere is .04% CO2, yes you read that correct, .04%. Plant life can not survive if the atmosphere were to hit .02% CO2 because it would suffocate. So all these "green initiatives" to reduce CO2 and help the environment might actually end up eliminating plant life all together one day. Since the start of the industrial revolution CO2 in the atmosphere went from about .03% to about .04%. Does .01% CO2 concentration increase in over 100years sound worth it to completely uproot the entire USA economy? Because at the end of the day we are only talking about the US policy and we aren't even close to the top producer of CO2 so what difference are you proposing that electric cars will actually make?????????
Money money money, always about money... God forbid we increase quality of life for everyone, that costs money! Who cares about the only planet we live in nor the complex systems we are disrupting, it costs MONEY to not screw it up!

Not surprising people can't look forward when you realize half the population has double digit IQ and can't hear their own monologue in their heads

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:21 PM   #48
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
The same way apartment dwellers use their block heaters up north during the winter.

Each parking spot has an outlet.
Is it that hard to comprehend the cost of demolition, remodeling and reconstruction it would take to do that?

All these crime-ridden, densely populated cities have neither the resources nor the basic civility to make this work.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:44 PM   #49
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Hardly capitalists..

They won't take away the cars. They will reduce fuel production and then tax it so you can't afford it and/or make pollution standards so high you can't pass smog, and/or just not allow your car to be registered. So, your right. They won't take away our cars. They'll just make it inconvenient or impossible to use them.

Oh, BTW, the permit thing? Depending on the timing, that is to appease voters, or the courts forced them to OK them.
This is spot on and how I see it. At minimum if we are handing out $7500 in EV tax credits, let give the folks with 15year old gas vehicles $500 annually for up to 10 years ($5000 and to folks that probably need assistance more). Let’s be green and keep the older gas ones running! Or we can stop picking winners or losers. I like to also point out that so many here pushing EV still are driving v8’s. It’s a great time to sell their Camaro and get green. I would love to see people to start putting their own $’s towards supporting their desired agenda and stop looking toward the Gov to solve many issues because alot could be addressed if these folks start making changes themselves. It’s time they start leading and setting examples. I don’t have a big issue with EV’s, just the debt we are racking up to get there. Also think it’s a round about way to carry GM and Ford toward transition.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 05:15 PM   #50
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
This is spot on and how I see it. At minimum if we are handing out $7500 in EV tax credits, let give the folks with 15year old gas vehicles $500 annually for up to 10 years ($5000 and to folks that probably need assistance more). Let’s be green and keep the older gas ones running! Or we can stop picking winners or losers. I like to also point out that so many here pushing EV still are driving v8’s. It’s a great time to sell their Camaro and get green. I would love to see people to start putting their own $’s towards supporting their desired agenda and stop looking toward the Gov to solve many issues because alot could be addressed if these folks start making changes themselves. It’s time they start leading and setting examples. I don’t have a big issue with EV’s, just the debt we are racking up to get there. Also think it’s a round about way to carry GM and Ford toward transition.
There's a saying that goes "reduce, reuse, recycle", getting a new car just for the sake of isn't smart just like your argument, "aha you didn't buy a new electric car for no reason, you have no moral in pushing for them!" probably sounded better in your head

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 08:40 PM   #51
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
The same way apartment dwellers use their block heaters up north during the winter.

Each parking spot has an outlet.
Living in Tampa I am not sure how you think you know that or how far "North" you are talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if there are places where it gets extremely cold and outlets availability is common but I assure you the vast majority of apartment buildings in the northern US do not have outlets for each parking space.

Apartment dwellers who want to use their block heaters need long extension cords.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:06 PM   #52
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
Living in Tampa I am not sure how you think you know that or how far "North" you are talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if there are places where it gets extremely cold and outlets availability is common but I assure you the vast majority of apartment buildings in the northern US do not have outlets for each parking space.

Apartment dwellers who want to use their block heaters need long extension cords.
I lived in North Dakota for many years. Just recently moved back to Tampa, actually.

It was common up there for outlets to be at the parking spots at all apartment buildings.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:07 PM   #53
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
There's a saying that goes "reduce, reuse, recycle", getting a new car just for the sake of isn't smart just like your argument, "aha you didn't buy a new electric car for no reason, you have no moral in pushing for them!" probably sounded better in your head
The point he's making is you had a choice to buy an EV or a V8. You chose the V8, and are on the soapbox saying everyone needs an EV.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:39 AM   #54
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
I lived in North Dakota for many years. Just recently moved back to Tampa, actually.

It was common up there for outlets to be at the parking spots at all apartment buildings.
From Michigan here. The weather in the UP might be similar enough to ND to provide the outlet access you describe, but not in the LP.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 04:58 AM   #55
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
From Michigan here. The weather in the UP might be similar enough to ND to provide the outlet access you describe, but not in the LP.
Makes sense. UP is knocking on Canada’s door as well.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:43 AM   #56
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:

I've lived in WI my entire life and it is not common here at all. Don't know of a single apartment complex that has this. Not even the new ones they are building. Also in order to charge your EV overnight you need at least a Level II Charger. That is 50 Amps... You are not going to get that out of your block heater 110 outlet at your parking stall.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote