Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
Guage cluster bug

Anybody else have the gauge cluster reset while driving? It happened to me 2 days ago while drive back from camarocon and it just happened today as well.. whats happening is the chime will bing and all the gauges will shut off and boot back up with all the light on just as it does when your turning the car on. The engine still running and everything else works properly. Does my car need an update?? 2017 1lt 2.0 btw
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
CamaroNorth2017
Nuclear Engineer

Drives: 2017 NGM Camaro 1LT
I've had this happen once before. On the highway the entire gauge cluster blacked out and then rebooted. No issue with the engine, brakes, steering or tranny.
2017 Camaro 1LT - Nightfall Gray Metallic - LTG 2.0L Turbo I4 - 8-Speed Auto - 20" Low Gloss Black Alum. Wheels - Matte Black RS Spoiler - LED Headlamps - Sunroof - Bose Premium Sound System - Smoked Tail lights - Rear Decklid Blackout - Black Bowties - Technology Package

"Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes." - Ray
CamaroNorth2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:08 PM   #3
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
I've noticed my speedometer 'twitching' twice now, but that's it
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
Dave_StHelens

Drives: 2017 Summit White R/S, V6, NPP Exh
The gauge "reset/reboot" happened to me today, also saw a dialog box after it rebooted where it mentioned something about 2 remotes being configured/associated with the car. Happened as I was driving down the highway, not sure if another car was beside/behind me. Hope it is not one of those devices crooks use to break into a car! Pretty sure the message pertained to the two remotes I have that came with the car but who knows these days! Was hoping to find the root cause here in the forums, time will tell.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:44 AM   #5
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Bringing this back from the dead,

My 2016 v6 with the base cluster did exactly this on the highway today. Occurred during night so I immediately noticed. Every light in the cluster turned off, then acted like the car was starting where the gauges went from 0 - max then to normal readings. Car didn’t have any issue, normal driving while it occurred. Hopefully it was a one and done, stopped by AutoZone and they tested my battery to be good.
Bumbleboy92 is online now   Reply With Quote