Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #43
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
Soooo, you were an asswipe when you were younger and rather than express remorse about being a piece of crap, you expect people to be complimented that you choose them to be the victims of your crimes? That's quite an outlook you have there. Something tells me that I needn't have used the past tense in my first sentence...

Same conclusion but stayed mum...
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:26 PM   #44
silkx3

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue#1 View Post
Stationed on Camp Lejeune, i have alot of buddies ill find out who did it sooner or later
This couldn't have been a Marine that did that................. NO FCKNG WAY. Hope that came right off though man
silkx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:52 PM   #45
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I don't know about "stained the paint" but is mustard corrosive enough to actually eat through clear coat? I know somebody here got egg on his car and confirmed what other's warned of -- it ate through some parts.
So I guess this goes to show, don't always assume what will or won't cause permanent damage. I did some research and there are ton of "condiment prank gone wrong" threads on other car forums. Mustard has distilled white vinegar as the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd ingredient for most common brands. That will indeed eat through any wax in relatively short time and possibly part of the clear coat. It can also stain the clear as the OP claimed. People have had varying degrees of success getting it out by using a orbital, but it's apparently a lot of work and becomes harder to remove the longer it sits. Direct sunlight can speed up the corrosive behavior as well.

I also found out that apparently bologna is extremely damaging to paint and is known to eat through the clear *and* paint in record time due to the specific preservatives that are used. So if I ever see that on my car, I'll have to assume the person did their homework. Lol.

I unfortunately agree that the douche parking job probably made this car more of a target than the car itself. All I can say is good luck with insurance. Unless you have a very low deductible, you'll probably be footing the bill to take this to a detail shop to get this corrected.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #46
zeekle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
There is really no way to protect a car. I did park away from everyone once and someone pushed a cart halfway across a parking lot to hit my car.

All you can do is make it less likely and hope for the best.

Might want to invest in a dash cam that can do parking mode. I am looking into those myself now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
zeekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #47
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
if i ever caught someone deliberately pushing a shopping cart into my car youd be reading about in in the paper"man assaults douchebag".
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #48
Cama6o

Drives: Camaro
Damn that sucks! A few years ago I bought a brand new Dodge Challenger, and the very first night I had it, someone egged it while I was sleeping. Woke up and washed it immediately, but as I wiped the egg off, the paint came off with it! I was beyond pissed. This is why I hate people
Cama6o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #49
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Gee, did not realize that parking over the lines is punishable by property damage. How about a note or looking up the owner. Not sure what went on but this can/should be fixed by some one who can properly detail paint.

Parking across two spots draws a lot of attention, it is what it is. Which to me looks like it is parked across two spots

OP Sorry to see that happen to your car, hopefully you and your buddies can find out who did it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #50
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
Look for the nearest Prius driver or the guy who rides his bike to the base everyday, give them a "real" tree to hug, a Louisville Slugger that is.......
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #51
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouand987.2 View Post
Look for the nearest Prius driver or the guy who rides his bike to the base everyday, give them a "real" tree to hug, a Louisville Slugger that is.......
Some people have the weirdest ideas.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote