Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #57
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
I see know real issues with my paint.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #58
DWillys

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydaytons View Post
Yeah im forreal. Are you for real?
Please stop trolling.
DWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #59
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #60
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Paint on my 2012 Genesis: kickass.

Paint on my Camaro: missing the kick.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #61
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
Don't get everyone started.....oh wait too late!

When I picked up my 1LE I thought the paint was decent, then I parked it next to my 7 year old Cayman R that has probably 100 track days and 27K miles on it................SMH.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #62
NewCamaroOrder

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray 1LE
I have a 2017 2SS in Nightfall Gray Metallic and it looks amazing. The dealership here in California offers a paint protection with warranty. I bought it because I thought it was a good value. They take the car and make it perfect then apply a ceramic coating. They guarantee the paint for 5 years for any normal wear issues that may arise. I say that because if you run out of talent and smack a wall you are on your own. But any imperfections or rock chips are covered for 5 years. Sounded like a good idea to me and when the car came back from the process it looked unreal.

Even if the dealership doesn't offer ceramic coating there are a number of aftermarket companies that offer the service. Just make sure they have a good reputation and competitive pricing. Obviously, It is also a good idea to get it done fairly soon after purchase. Hope this helps.
NewCamaroOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #63
NewCamaroOrder

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray 1LE
I noticed on this thread that it seems like different colors have different quality levels. So look at whatever color you want and make sure it meets your standard.

As others have stated, check the car in daylight and give it a good hard look. If you don't like it don't buy it. But the only way you'll know for sure is when you look at it yourself.

The 2017 Lexus RC FSport 2.0t I bought my wife probably has better paint quality but not by much and all but the base models cost a lot more than our Camaros. And wiping the smile off guys faces driving their RC FSports is about as much fun as you can have outside a bedroom. I honestly, only ever had 1 even try, ironically my wife was with me and asked if he was serious. He was, but that didn't last long.
NewCamaroOrder is offline   Reply With Quote