Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
FACEBOOK drama

So do any of you people use facebook? I find it quite entertaining. Whether its the has been aging model complaining she can't find a man when every post has about 100 desperate guys hitting on her. I guess she thinks, oh I need a man, but I don't want any man that wants me.

Or the people posting their charity things, showing off to the world what a great person they are.

Or the desperate losers posting things on hot girls pics about "you are the most gorgeous thing on the planet" or "you are an angel sent from God."

Or the wife you know must be cheating on her husband due to all the over the top positive comments she is making on FB about said sap of a husband.

Or my personal favorite, just meeting new women, or getting re-acquainted with old girlfriends.

Or the chics that could be hot but for their stupid constant posting of selfie pictures doing a duck face that makes them look as mature as a 13 year old.

Or the people posting stupid cat pictures they think are so cute.

Or last but not least, the stupid annoying dribbel posters of life affirmation chics are constantly posting that all go something like: "I'm a strong woman because I push through the hard times blah blah"
Old 12-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Well it's like this.

Before facebook, in myspace days, one of my people created me a myspace account for my business. I never messed with it.

Then about 2008 I got on facebook and was bombarded with requests from people I didn't want to talk to online. Then they'd get pissed at me. So I closed my account.

Finally in 2012 I hooked up with a local car group that communicates only through facebook. So created another account that none of my other friends or family knows about only so I can talk to the car people. No drama there.

Unfortunately it is being suggested that for the purposes of looking for a job I get back on with my real account. But I really don't want to and my reasons are just about exactly what you are talking about.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
I only have facebook to look at car stuff when im not on here
Old 12-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Facebook has really gone down the shitter, more examples of the stupidity is those people posting the celebrity death hoax's, posting photos of jesus saying " share for heaven, ignore for hell", and all these stupid game requests..drives me up the damn wall!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Well it's like this.

Before facebook, in myspace days, one of my people created me a myspace account for my business. I never messed with it.

Then about 2008 I got on facebook and was bombarded with requests from people I didn't want to talk to online. Then they'd get pissed at me. So I closed my account.

Finally in 2012 I hooked up with a local car group that communicates only through facebook. So created another account that none of my other friends or family knows about only so I can talk to the car people. No drama there.

Unfortunately it is being suggested that for the purposes of looking for a job I get back on with my real account. But I really don't want to and my reasons are just about exactly what you are talking about.
Linked In is a much more career-friendly network. It's just professional content. If you have to have just 1 account for business purposes, make it Linked In.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I have a huge count of 13 friends. Made up of 100% relatives. I found it was the only way I could get current pictures of my Grandchildren. Just this morning I saw a post of them with Santa Claus. Then i use it for the Camaro and Mustang sites.

Other than cyber stalking a few old friends that's pretty much all I do.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
And I agree, selfies and duck faces make you wanna slap the $#÷+ out of someone
Old 12-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
I'm actually on facebook but not willingly. Wife has one that she made that included me. Other than that I would be invisible to facebook. Not really into the whole face book thing. I have Xbox Live and Playstation Network. The only social media i need
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Linked In is a much more career-friendly network. It's just professional content. If you have to have just 1 account for business purposes, make it Linked In.
^ This. Facebook is not for work or job related stuff. LinkedIn is what you want for that.

Last edited by irocnroll; 12-12-2013 at 01:59 PM.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I do check facebook for people I am thinking about hiring. I also have tried to convience my son-in-law, who is looking, to ensure his FB page looks family and business oriented in case an employer checks. No stupid stuff that the public can see.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
greenisgood

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Old 12-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Unfortunately a lot of posts on Camaro5 are starting to look like Facebook posts....
Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #13
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
im not on Facebook.. tried I have stupid but funny friends. can't prevent stupid posts, so I quit..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
^ This. Facebook is not for work or job related stuff. LinkedIn is what you want for that.
Yes, I'm on linked in. But a very knowledgeable person I know suggested having a facebook page specifically so you can go on there once a week and put some mundane, inert item like "man the sky is blue today" or "ran into an old friend" and leaving it at that. Purpose being for the jobs I'll be looking for it is thought they may be suspicious about someone not having a facebook account in today's time in that they may be hiding something. At the same time you have to make sure nothing inappropriate pops up on there.