Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #281
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Jesus dude...

GM dealerships are the worst I have experienced by far in my 9-10 month massive cross-shopping expedition before landing on this car and just forcing myself to deal with them

I'm really sorry to hear about that, the tire thing is just the icing on the cake
I've dealt with @ least 4 different Chevy dealers since 1999 . From Corvettes, Equinox,Camaro and HHR. I have never had a service issue @ all. The ignition switch which took 2 months I was in a loaner waiting for parts. Like I said all 4 dealers have been a good experience. Hang in there they will take care of you all

Last edited by Mike502; 04-19-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #282
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
My cars vin was flagged as a possible recall, but when the dealer checked the oil pan, mine was not effected. I bet there were a batch of cars that got the wrong Oil pan installed.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #283
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_B View Post
Wow, my vin popped up. This sucks. Most underwhelming new car experience i've ever had. totally not what i was expecting.
And the list of things that have made your ownership experience underwhelming is what, two potential recalls that are fully covered under warranty? If it's so bad we can arrange to swap cars with you.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:52 AM   #284
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
just to confirm, if you have the oil pan with the raised numbers, you are screwed, but if you have them etched, you are in the clear? my vin is not in the recall, but I want to be safe and double check.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #285
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
just to confirm, if you have the oil pan with the raised numbers, you are screwed, but if you have them etched, you are in the clear? my vin is not in the recall, but I want to be safe and double check.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #286
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Fixing a brand new car is indeed a biggie imo. I've never purchased a new car that needed fixing withing the first month.
Over-reacting.

I'll give you this...if your car requires the oil pan fix, it is a "biggie" as it is a lot of work to the car. It sucks.

But if you think your Camaro is different from other car companies that require some kind of fixes/updates in the first several months of release you need to do more looking. I have co-workers with Fords, Nissan's, and Honda's that have all had to take their vehicles in for recalls.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #287
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
WOW! So I just took my car to the dealer to check on this last Friday. They tell me the car is fine and does not require the recall because it has RAISED letters. Of course at the time I had not read this thread. Not only did they not do anything, they then proceed to curb the crap out of one of my wheels and take out a big chunk of tire.

So now I am waiting for them to order me a wheel and tire and now I'm not so sure I would even want them to do the recall since they seem to be rather incompetent.

I'm really pissed because I had been taking it to the Cadillac dealer where we take our XTS and they are really great. I had called and scheduled to go in for this recall and they call me the day before and said they had to cancel because they cannot work on Chevy and got in trouble for the other times they did.

All the Chevy dealers around here are kinda sketchy to me.
Do not let this dealer perform work against the recall. If they can't read correctly they will not give a crap when it comes to this job.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #288
T_B

Drives: 2016 2SS
Overreacting? lmao, ok.

Are you serious? So you're saying i shouldn't have a problem with my brand new car having its friggin motor lifted and oil pan changed/fixed? Are you guys kidding me? The amount of bias here is unbelievable. I've had plenty of first year cars, from Nissans to benzes, and not a single one of them was recalled.

@netslave: major throttle lag, one of my low gloss black rims is super glossy, a few blemishes on the paint job, two recalls, one being a potentially big wrenching job. Are these things that im just supposed to swallow and not say anything about? Is it breaking some type of bro code here or what?
T_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #289
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Taking mine in Friday to find out is it has the suspect oil pan. Unfortunately with a build date of 11/15, it seems probable that they'll be dropping the engine cradle out of my brand new car to get to the oil pan! I am so not looking forward to having that happen! The service writer at my dealership said there are only a couple mechanics in his shop he'd even let do it because of the complexity and the critical nature of getting everything back in correctly! $#@&%!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #290
T_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
it seems probable that they'll be dropping the engine cradle out of my brand new car to get to the oil pan!
No worries bro. Didn't you hear, that's perfectly fine. It's the norm, you're just overreacting
Old 04-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #291
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
"major throttle lag, one of my low gloss black rims is super glossy, a few blemishes on the paint job" and yet you accepted delivery of the vehicle.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #292
T_B

i didn't notice the the blemishes and rim until i washed the car, and that's coming from someone who is super detail oriented.c And i thought maybe the engine needed to be broken in or it was the 87 they pumped into my tank that was causing it to act kind of sluggish, but it turns out its just big time throttle lag. Why did you not mention the recalls that i mentioned in my post? Clearly the biggest complaint is having the engine lifted and oil pan fixed/replaced on a car that i've only had for about a month.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #293
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Merged another thread on this topic. Thanks for posting. You'll find a more in-depth discussion occurring in here.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #294
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
No worries bro. Didn't you hear, that's perfectly fine. It's the norm, you're just overreacting
Yeah, I have a hard time calling dropping the engine from a brand new car "over reacting". While I'll try and maintain my cool until I know for sure and until the work is complete, (if it has to be done), what I wont do is accept a car that isn't 100% after they perform the repair.

I hate taking my older cars to the shop for minor things because of problems that seem to always arise after someone works on them. I sure as heck am going to be nervous about taking a brand new car, that may someday haul my butt down the road at 170 mph, into the dealership to have the engine and every related component removed from it's factory installation! It only takes one nut that doesn't get tightened, one clamp that gets forgotten, one spacer that gets left out, one wire connector that gets broken or a wire that gets pinched etc. to cause endless nightmares with what should be a brand new trouble free car! Not a warm and fuzzy feeling!

I had an Olds Aurora one time that went in to have the famous Northstar oil leak repaired. When I got it back there were three 3/8" bolts laying on the screen under the hood below the windshield wipers. When I called the dealership about it they talked to the mechanic. His reply was "yeah, I know where they are supposed to go. It's hard to get to and they really aren't that important"!

You'll have a hard time convincing me I'm over reacting because I'm nervous about this issue!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote