Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Favorite thing about driving my ZL1

For me, there are a lot of great things about driving this car but I have one in particular that always, ALWAYS makes me grin like it was my first drive.

While in first gear and slowly accelerating to just stomp the throttle and hear the unbelievable growl of the motor, feel the traction control trying desperately to reign in the power, the feel of the tires making a futile attempt to grab, and the feel of that burst of torque. Good god...

Man, that is pure heaven. It just shows you what a Jekyl and Hyde car the ZL1 is. It can be docile and quiet if driven 'normally' - but 'IT' is there, just lurking in the shadows and waiting to be unleashed.

Awesome.

The only car that ever came close to this experience for me was when I drove the first C6 Z06 and did the same thing. Wow!

How about you?
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
One of my favorite things about driving my ZL1 is also one of my complaints about it! I secretly love when the tires are really cold, turning all nannies off, and being able to smoke the tires pretty much at will in second gear. I usually am the first person at my office (I'm a very early guy), but did get "caught" by my boss drifting into the parking lot one morning when he got in before me. He just looked at me as I walked into the building and said "I think I pay you too much."
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZL1 View Post
One of my favorite things about driving my ZL1 is also one of my complaints about it! I secretly love when the tires are really cold, turning all nannies off, and being able to smoke the tires pretty much at will in second gear. I usually am the first person at my office (I'm a very early guy), but did get "caught" by my boss drifting into the parking lot one morning when he got in before me. He just looked at me as I walked into the building and said "I think I pay you too much."
That's a great one. I know what you mean about the cold tires - they will definitely go up in smoke with the TC off.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
For me, there are a lot of great things about driving this car but I have one in particular that always, ALWAYS makes me grin like it was my first drive.

While in first gear and slowly accelerating to just stomp the throttle and hear the unbelievable growl of the motor, feel the traction control trying desperately to reign in the power, the feel of the tires making a futile attempt to grab, and the feel of that burst of torque. Good god...

Man, that is pure heaven. It just shows you what a Jekyl and Hyde car the ZL1 is. It can be docile and quiet if driven 'normally' - but 'IT' is there, just lurking in the shadows and waiting to be unleashed.

Awesome.

The only car that ever came close to this experience for me was when I drove the first C6 Z06 and did the same thing. Wow!

How about you?

I could not have said it better than that!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
Clark Grizwald
Brewmaster

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2015 Tundra 1794
Quote:

Awesome.

How about you?
+1
Old 05-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #6
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I like doing the same thing, but with the traction control completely off.....hold it down for 10 seconds to make sure both PTM and Traction Control are off and just enjoy the power with no electronic control......sooooo much fun!
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Though you have to be careful obviously.......can end up like that Z06 video everybody is watching.....
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #8
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
Though you have to be careful obviously.......can end up like that Z06 video everybody is watching.....

Not everybody, I have not seen it. Post it up here
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:19 PM   #9
Balasarius

Drives: 2015 ZL1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-car-tree.html
Balasarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
m3andak

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

Awesome.

How about you?
I get the same feeling too. Awesome Car. MERICA!
m3andak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #11
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
That is a shame with that Z06..... Unbelievable! I feel the same about my ZL1 also....it's like flipping a switch!!!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #12
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
it is a rush to drive and an absolute joy to look at.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #13
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
My favorite thing about my car, is my 2 1/2 year old son begging me to take him for a ride in the vroom vroom. He loves the car as much as I do.....laughs and smiles every time I hit the gas pedal when we are under a overpass, especially after having the headers and the tune done in April. Another funny thing is he won't walk out thru the garage if the car and motorcycle are uncovered, he will go out the front door only. He cracks me up lol
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:41 PM   #14
1ZL4FUN

Drives: Red Beast X2
I don't really have a favorite thing since I drive mine daily. I just love it all the time. Other than WOT Blasts, don't forget awesome handling, smooth ride, and the fact that you have power all the time. Even in 6th at 2k RPM it still pulls pretty good. Car is much fun even when you're not at WOT.

(sold then stolen) 2015 Red ZL1 M6 VIN: G1FL1EP5F9800197

FOR SALE 1995 Patriot Red 95Z28 M6 Project car. Less than 100k miles. 95 corvette motor. All good parts, too much to list. Just needs someone to put it together.

(sold) 2002 CHP camaro B4C

(sold) White 95Z A4 best 11.891 @ 114.269 boltons & weight reduction. Yes, it was a record. 11/13/02
1ZL4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote