Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
GrandPrixGXP

Drives: Grand Prix GXP
GMConnects B.S.

I've come to the conclusion that GMConnects is a bunch of b.s.

According to that site, after my car was built, it sat for 11 days at the plant. Then finally on Friday last week, I got an email saying it had left the plant.

So this morning I decided to call GM Customer Service to see if they could tell me anything more. After making several calls, the nice lady told me that my car was "not" in transit yet!!!

I would assume her info. is much more accurate than GMConnects??

Either way, it's all very frustrating, and I now believe it's just better to not be able to attempt to track your car.

I guess when the government bails you out, you don't really worry to much about keeping track of the little guy's $31,000 investment.
GrandPrixGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPrixGXP View Post
I've come to the conclusion that GMConnects is a bunch of b.s.

According to that site, after my car was built, it sat for 11 days at the plant. Then finally on Friday last week, I got an email saying it had left the plant.

So this morning I decided to call GM Customer Service to see if they could tell me anything more. After making several calls, the nice lady told me that my car was "not" in transit yet!!!

I would assume her info. is much more accurate than GMConnects??

Either way, it's all very frustrating, and I now believe it's just better to not be able to attempt to track your car.

I guess when the government bails you out, you don't really worry to much about keeping track of the little guy's $31,000 investment.
You're getting a LOT of 'car' for that 31k. Next time buy off the lot. or be patient. I waited much longer. Before they even ran the first ones down the line. And some waited much longer. You're not gonna find anyone here to feel sorry for you......
Old 08-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
GMconnect and the Costomer service are both probably correct. Car probably left the plant and is loaded onto the carrier (Train) but the train has not left the yard yet and therefore is not in transit so your car has left the plant. Sounds to me that you need a little patience.... it will get to you. Also, what does the goveronment have anything to with your issue?
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
GrandPrixGXP

Yeah, I'm not as upset as maybe I come across, just somewhat. However, PQ, you should understand that I first asked about the 2012 model before 2011 came out since I had heard about some changes. Then I started saving like crazy starting around April of 2010. Then finally I ordered on June 10th, so technically my order went in more than 2 months ago. I understand they didn't start building until July 18th, but I'm just sayin it's not like I ordered it two days ago and expect it to be here now.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not as upset as maybe I come across, just somewhat. However, PQ, you should understand that I first asked about the 2012 model before 2011 came out since I had heard about some changes. Then I started saving like crazy starting around April of 2010. Then finally I ordered on June 10th, so technically my order went in more than 2 months ago. I understand they didn't start building until July 18th, but I'm just sayin it's not like I ordered it two days ago and expect it to be here now.
That's fair but you still haven't waited as long as many of us. lol

We wated, literally anticipatorily, for at least a few years. Then as it the time arrived that we could officially place orders it was more waiting. Then after the first day of production, we waited some more. Then the QC Hold happened. And it was MORE waiting.

Sounds like you are blaming GM for your waiting. They aren't doing this to you on purpose.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
GrandPrixGXP

Yeah, you're right PQ..just venting, and I figured this was a good place to do it.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
If you get it by the end of the month, that's less than 6 weeks from the start of production. I don't know if you've ever ordered a car before, but 6-8 weeks is usually standard for any manufacturer.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #8
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
I waited 8 MONTHS for my New Camaro, so until You have waited that Long, STOP COMPLAINING.................

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #9
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
Aww shucks
Witwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #10
v6

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
I waited 8 MONTHS for my New Camaro, so until You have waited that Long, STOP COMPLAINING.................

Walt B.
8 months after you ordered it???
v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6 View Post
8 months after you ordered it???
Yup. LOL

5 or 6 of those months were before production. There were guys ordering and putting money down on Oct. 2008 and getting their cars into August 2009. Production didn't start til March 2009 and dealers only had so much allocation plus there was the whole QC Hold nightmare for many.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #12
GrandPrixGXP

Waiting 8 months doesn't count when you fully know it's not going into production for months. I'm just sayin it didn't take nearly as long for my Grand Prix GXP that I ordered back in 2007. Furthermore, my dealer just told me yesterday that he had some sort of S-U-V that was built on the 8th of this month, and it arrived Monday night which would have been the 15th. Oh well, thanks guys and gals. I'm off to the TPW 8/1/11 thread where they are more sympathetic to us whiners...lol.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Ok, I ordered my Camaro in October of 09'. My car did not go into production until January/Feburary 10' (see my signature, i really don't remember). I received the car in March of 10'. So, I had a pretty long wait for mine. But here it is, 17 months later and I have totally forgotten how long it took to get mine. Your Camaro is built and ready to be transported. You will have it in a few weeks. What's 1-2 more weeks when in the end, you are going to have it for longer than that.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
GMconnect and the Costomer service are both probably correct. Car probably left the plant and is loaded onto the carrier (Train) but the train has not left the yard yet and therefore is not in transit so your car has left the plant. Sounds to me that you need a little patience.... it will get to you. Also, what does the goveronment have anything to with your issue?
+1

This is probably correct. Also, mine sat in the yard for 34 days before it moved. The only reason it did finally move is because Larry over at GMConnects reached out to some contacts and got her going again for me. The people over there are amazingly helpful and really just good people. I believe they are also volunteers, not GM employees. If you believe something is wrong, trying reaching out to them on their forum. Maybe next time you should do a little more research before publicly bashing a group of people that volunteer to help out fellow Camaro enthusiasts out of the goodness of their hearts, and because they care about this community.