Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #15
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I prolly would have bought one if it was out when I was looking for a car last year but since they weren't out when ford said they would be I went with the 500 abarth and I love it as well.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:06 AM   #16
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
I went to the Ford Ecoboost Challenge last year and got to drive both the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST. Both were a blast, but I liked the Fiesta best on the course. For a DD I would probably take the Focus, just because it felt more substantial for daily commutes. I think the Fiesta would be a little rougher than I care for for everyday driving.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #17
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
ummmm.... let me... this section is titled:

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

I'm thinking the Fiesta falls in that category...
Old 01-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #18
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I'm was wondering about why not start with a green car also... I'm guessing when a company asks Ford to give them a car for SEMA, they are just happy to get what ever color Ford gives them....

I did get a chance to drive it while it was still stock... definitely a BLAST to drive! If it had been out as the same time the Focus ST had been released it would have had a tough decision!
Ahh, went with a FoST I see ! That's cool, quite the car you have there.

I followed your flex for a while off and on.. I wanted a flex a while back so it was cool to see someone having fun with one. lol
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:28 AM   #19
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
I test drove the Focus ST yesterday since I'm looking to change up what's in the garage a little bit. I couldn't believe how much I liked that little car. Torque steer is definitely there, but the fun and smile the car puts on your face you don't mind. I was very surprised. If the Fiesta FT Is anything like the Focus I'm sure it's just as fun.
I had a blast when I first drove the Focus ST while I was waiting for Fiesta ST' to be built so I could drive one. It helped seal the deal on me putting my order in. Fiesta ST being the second vehicle I have pre ordered without having driven one first. (The Camaro was the 1st)

I took out the FoST a few times, and I drove a few 2014 Fiesta Titaniums etc.. to try and get a feel for the difference in dimensions etc.

I had to try and imagine... having "most" of the power I experienced in the Focus ST.... but the dimensions in the Fiesta.. and quite frankly I didn't see how that could possibly go wrong...

The Fost, you definitely notice the power.. And the suspension differences are noticeable... But you really don't miss the power difference in the Fiesta ST, because of the dynamics... it being smaller and lighter and underrated, it really makes up for that big time. I enjoy the Fiesta ST A Lot more than the FoST and I wouldn't be the first person to drive both and feel the same. That said, there are people who prefer the big brother, and both of them are a riot to drive. I just prefer the smaller dimensions, and for my needs it is more than roomy enough.

I don't think you can go wrong in either ST if you enjoy them. You'll love it to death.

There are quite a few focus guys on the fiesta ST forum who wish they had held off, and quite a few who just needed the bigger car. and even some who have both... lol

One thing owners of both have in common is a whole lot of satisfaction and fun.

I'd say 9 times outta 10.. If someone enjoyed driving the FoST... that same someone is probably going to love the FiST too.

but as I said, the smaller size isn't for everyone, and being that the two are so similar. The Focus does make more sense for some people! I guess it boils down to personal preference.

For me, I knew right awayyyy... The FiST was the right car for me. Couldn't be happier.

I really can't recall the last time I seen a car get such consistently positive reviews though. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do!

All I can say, is that the FiST was the best automotive decision I've ever made.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #20
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
I was looking at one. Its such a shame that theres no 3dr hatch version like in Europe. Total shame. Maybe in a couple years.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #21
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
My wife's last car was a mini cooper S that i never drove. I cant see me liking this car either. Pass.

Last edited by Thrillz; 02-27-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote