Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #15
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
You'll have people who max out a ZL1 and scream it's too expensive..

You'll have people who roughly match a Gen 5 and a Gen 6 ZL1 with similar equipment, comment it's too expensive and be told they're wrong because of "how much more stuff the Gen6 ZL1 has standard" even if it's not true because it's the familiar parroted line to defend Gen 6 price jumps

And then you'll have the most common folks who want a great performance car in todays market and don't really care about the price, because they can afford it and are willing to pay it.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #16
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
ZL1 was $65K CDN last year. $81K for the Z/28

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #17
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
65k will be the median price with the options....

I think we may see the same thing happen that happened with the Z/28...

Anything over 62-65k and people just start looking elsewhere.....C7 vetts ect...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #18
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
65k will be the median price with the options....

I think we may see the same thing happen that happened with the Z/28...

Anything over 62-65k and people just start looking elsewhere.....C7 vetts ect...
Possible, unless there is something really, really buzz worthy about the new ZL1 that will draw people in.

The GT500 could be optioned up into the mid-high 60's also (it had the whole 662HP/200mph thing going for it) and the Hellcats start in the mid 60's (with the OMG 707 HP! thing)..

I'm not saying the ZL1 isn't going to be a great, class dominant performer..what I am saying is that so far it's not creating the wow's and sizzle like the GT500 and Hellcats did.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #19
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Possible, unless there is something really, really buzz worthy about the new ZL1 that will draw people in.

The GT500 could be optioned up into the mid-high 60's also (it had the whole 662HP/200mph thing going for it) and the Hellcats start in the mid 60's (with the OMG 707 HP! thing)..

I'm not saying the ZL1 isn't going to be a great, class dominant performer..what I am saying is that so far it's not creating the wow's and sizzle like the GT500 and Hellcats did.
But we still don't know the final HP figures either.....

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:16 AM   #20
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro19 View Post
But we still don't know the final HP figures either.....
Yep, that's why I said unless something really buzz worthy happens.

The 5th Gen ZL1 did spark a fire, create buzz and all that with topping the 2012 GT500's 550 HP with the 580 HP, the "most powerful Camaro ever" talk and it's awesome physical presence..etc..but that was 5 years ago. Now it's been topped in power, topped in top speed, topped in other metrics. The Gen6 ZL1 is going to be a fantastic, awesome performing car..but I worry that people will see it and not have that certain something, that buzz worthy chatter that the other cars did.

However, it's probably not going to top the 5.8 GT500's 662HP (it might tho) and it very likely won't top the Hellcats 707 HP..so it's going to have to create buzz some other way. Maybe really fast Nurburgring or other famous track times, or a stock sub 11 second quarter mile..or something like that.

It needs to create a splash, buzz...it's gotta have sizzle that non-car centric people will talk about. When the Hellcat was revealed, people who see a V6 Challenger..yet talk about the Hellcat. People marveled at a 200MPH Mustang..see what I'm meaning?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #21
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Besting the Hellcats at the drags and the GT350R at the track while having heated and cooled seats would create a buzz.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #22
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Besting the Hellcats at the drags and the GT350R at the track while having heated and cooled seats would create a buzz.
That it would.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #23
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:

The 5th Gen ZL1 did spark a fire, create buzz and all that with topping the 2012 GT500's 550 HP with the 580 HP, the "most powerful Camaro ever" talk and it's awesome physical presence..etc..but that was 5 years ago. Now it's been topped in power, topped in top speed, topped in other metrics. The Gen6 ZL1 is going to be a fantastic, awesome performing car..but I worry that people will see it and not have that certain something, that buzz worthy chatter that the other cars did.

However, it's probably not going to top the 5.8 GT500's 662HP (it might tho) and it very likely won't top the Hellcats 707 HP..so it's going to have to create buzz some other way. Maybe really fast Nurburgring or other famous track times, or a stock sub 11 second quarter mile..or something like that.

It needs to create a splash, buzz...it's gotta have sizzle that non-car centric people will talk about. When the Hellcat was revealed, people who see a V6 Challenger..yet talk about the Hellcat. People marveled at a 200MPH Mustang..see what I'm meaning?
I know exactly what you mean. I'm hoping the ZL1 will top the 662 hp of the GT500. I'm pretty sure we won't see it surpassing or matching the hellcat because it doesn't really need too since it weighs much less than the hellcat. If it does go over 662hp or come close to 707hp that's would be awesome and minds would be blown. I'm thinking 660 or 665hp. But I agree it needs to put a whooping on the hellcat and whatever ford has up its sleeve for the GT500.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:52 PM   #24
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:

What exactly is buzz worthy? Just curious. More power, better handling, better cooling, more aggressive styling, interior refinements, possibly quicker than aforementioned cars, better braking. Named one of the top cars worth waiting for! Significant positive reviews from the Auto Show! Less expensive arguably with more to offer. Splash? I'm not sure I understand what else the car is supposed to do outside of being the most powerful Camaro ever produced. I'm feeling buzzed out already.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #25
IPAbeer

Drives: Infiniti G37xS
I just figured I'd pass this info on but a local dealer is taking deposits and stated the ZL1 would be priced around $64 - 70k. That makes the decision easy for me, 1LE it is! He also gave me a $53k~ price on the 1LE, seems high to me but the salesman was going to get back to me when he had more info.
IPAbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #26
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPAbeer View Post
I just figured I'd pass this info on but a local dealer is taking deposits and stated the ZL1 would be priced around $64 - 70k. That makes the decision easy for me, 1LE it is! He also gave me a $53k~ price on the 1LE, seems high to me but the salesman was going to get back to me when he had more info.
That guy is smoking crack. 1LE will be a lot cheaper than that.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #27
IPAbeer

Drives: Infiniti G37xS
Agreed!
IPAbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #28
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Its already been mentioned by AL that it will be more than 2015s price of 3500 and cheaper than ford performance pack iirc for the gt350 which is 6500

So between 3500-6500 your guess is as good as anyone's at this point

Base price of car + 1LE + destination fee
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote