Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #15
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
^^^THIS, I went thru some power valves in my Holley. Very bad on rubber gas lines also, they would get hard as a brick, better check the line at the gas tank and fuel pump. Horrible idea to take food and make a fuel supplement, IMO.
I might as well just beat my head with a 10 pound sledge hammer to straighten your guys out! The grocery guys used this BS to run up prices. Right now we have a GLUT of corn due to good weather, prices are in the tank, your groceries going down....NO. Fuel costs are way down, groceries going down, nope. Ethanol is the cheapest and best oxgenate out there and you can drink it, might get really drunk but that's it. You might want to drink MYBE though with your mentality.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:10 PM   #16
cornfield camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Of course this information doesn't apply to anybody from "Iowa, the Corn State."
i've used the stuff more than any of you guys canbelive and just don't get the bad attitude about it. A lot of people confuse it with methanol which is very poisonous and corrosive. But ethanol is what gives a buzz when you a few beers or what ever. And it's about 30% less energy but E85 is approximately 105 oc. with the cooling effect of alcohol. And a minimal amount of corrosiveness. And I'll say it one for time, I have a 1986 Buick Grand National that I've been running E85 for 6 Years on it with not one fricking problem with fuel hoses, injectors, fuel injectors, not one damn problem.22 PSI boost and runs like a bat out of h###.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #17
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfield camaro View Post
I might as well just beat my head with a 10 pound sledge hammer to straighten your guys out! The grocery guys used this BS to run up prices. Right now we have a GLUT of corn due to good weather, prices are in the tank, your groceries going down....NO. Fuel costs are way down, groceries going down, nope. Ethanol is the cheapest and best oxgenate out there and you can drink it, might get really drunk but that's it. You might want to drink MYBE though with your mentality.
If you beat your head with a 10# hammer please post it
Ethanol is , Ranks right up there with one of the worst government programs ever, . You forgot to add the costs of government subsidiaries given to every farmer who grows corn. heath care costs from eating all the corn products
I run nothing but pure 100% gasoline .

Last edited by MBS; 03-09-2016 at 09:08 PM.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #18
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
For OLDER cars it's not good on any rubber fuel parts. Most cars from 2000 on up were done so you can run 10% ethanol in the fuel, some can even use up to 15% ethanol. Ethanol does have downfalls of absorbing water and some separation. There's a push to make stations go up to 15% ethanol by the government, can't remember when they started pushing for it at moment, but anything over 10% for small engines or marine engines isn't good. Hopefully it doesn't get passed and forced on all stations. Big problem for gas station cause if this happens, some with cars before 2000 will have problems if they fill up by accident on E15, and motorcycles as well.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #19
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Uh, what?

Do you think there's a reason that running ethanol-rich fuels in non-ethanol vehicles requires a conversion kit? Often the fuel pump and rubber hoses need to be replaced because the alcohol is bad for them. Maybe I'm just missing your argument here.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
That's METANOL! Get your facts together, dammit!
Facts are Facts, why do you think the Marine Industry and Yard Equipment Manufacturers sell non ethanol Fuels? Because Ethanol is Corrosive to Fuel Lines and Fiberglass Fuel Tanks, absorbs Water, Gums up Jets in Carbs. Why do think so much StaBil, Lucas and other companies sell so much product
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #21
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Didn't mention anything about prices, hammer away! Because of only having a couple of gas stations, pain in the ass to get to, that sold gas with no Ethanol, that was one of the reasons, that I sold my '69 Z/28 which I had for 17 years. If you store a car, you also get extra water in your tank, which will rust your tank on the inside. I don't use that crap in my weedeater or lawn mower. I'm having some cornbread and milk, great use for corn!
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #22
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I only use pure gas, gas stations here do not charge extra for premium with pure gas. Canadian Tire and Shell premium is pure gas here, all the rest here have 10% ethanol.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #23
cornfield camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Facts are Facts, why do you think the Marine Industry and Yard Equipment Manufacturers sell non ethanol Fuels? Because Ethanol is Corrosive to Fuel Lines and Fiberglass Fuel Tanks, absorbs Water, Gums up Jets in Carbs. Why do think so much StaBil, Lucas and other companies sell so much product
Because of everyone is drinking the kool aid.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #24
cornfield camaro

Ok smart guys, go to the fastguys on this forum and see what they say about ethanol.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #25
cornfield camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
If you beat your head with a 10# hammer please post it
Ethanol is , Ranks right up there with one of the worst government programs ever, . You forgot to add the costs of government subsidiaries given to every farmer who grows corn. heath care costs from eating all the corn products
I run nothing but pure 100% gasoline .
All the subsidies have ended, smart guy. And I don't think you eat any # 2 corn that I produce. Only livestock eat it. You have no idea about your food.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #26
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
That's METANOL! Get your facts together, dammit!
" METANOL " is that from star wars or is that spanish
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #27
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Why the corn hate. I would love to transfer my car to run straight corn...

Gasoline separates and is corrosive and all the shit you all saying. I wouldn't let gasoline or ethanol sit in my car for months...

I'll burn up that corn that the Feds ram down our throats all day long. Can't remember the last time a tank of fuel lasted longer than 2 weeks tho. It's fun to go through 8 or 9 in a weekend
Old 03-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #28
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Because of everyone is drinking the kool aid.
Why so much Hate? We all have opinions, ours just differ!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote