Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #15
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
SureCanUSA.com has the best gas cans! Hands down! No fumes! Swivel head! And handle that opens the cap! I’ve had no issues AT ALL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
ChadFarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #16
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
SureCanUSA.com has the best gas cans! Hands down! No fumes! Swivel head! And handle that opens the cap! I’ve had no issues AT ALL!

does the 5 gallon one empty in less than 30 secs?
If so that rotating spout is nice but if not I won't give up the fast fill since the long nozzle allows you to put it in the filler neck and then turn can upright
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #17
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
does the 5 gallon one empty in less than 30 secs?

If so that rotating spout is nice but if not I won't give up the fast fill since the long nozzle allows you to put it in the filler neck and then turn can upright

I’ve never really counted “how fast” but I’ve never really had an issue emptying out the Can in a swift manner. I really like it. I’ve had mine for 2 years now...
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 01-30-2018, 09:50 AM   #18
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAY IN IT View Post
Yep. Best I've found for all types of Motorsport use. Only gripe is you can occasionally end up with gas leaking out when pouring if your cap and vent caps aren't perfect, which is part of it with just about any gas can/jug.

As mentioned, the hot set up is a large capacity tank with pump. (Ideally with tank mounted under the enclosed car trailer)
Yep....best approach is, before you fill check that cap is on tight and that vent is shut tight. Insert the filler neck, tip the can up and then loosen the vent cap until you get full force fill. Only time I've ever had any spill is when I forget to tighten the vent cap first.....

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:19 AM   #19
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

Ive seen those and Im sure they are great while they work. As a mechanic though, I see potential failure to leak while just stitting there with the spout being on the bottom. That is a risk I'm not willing to take. I dont need a race trailer, race car, tools and equipment burnt up from a gas can.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:26 AM   #20
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Ive seen those and Im sure they are great while they work. As a mechanic though, I see potential failure to leak while just stitting there with the spout being on the bottom. That is a risk I'm not willing to take. I dont need a race trailer, race car, tools and equipment burnt up from a gas can.

Nope. It doesn’t leak! I was skeptical as well and I’ve put it through a few tests and I haven’t had any issues. I’m very meticulous about carry gas in a vehicle and ANY types of leaks. They have great customer service and I’m sure if you have an issue, they’d have no issue with refunding you or sending s replacement.

Click & Follow My Build
Old 01-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #21
motorhead

Quote:
Nope. It doesn’t leak! I was skeptical as well and I’ve put it through a few tests and I haven’t had any issues. I’m very meticulous about carry gas in a vehicle and ANY types of leaks. They have great customer service and I’m sure if you have an issue, they’d have no issue with refunding you or sending s replacement.
It doesnt leak now, but the potential is certainly there. There is no denying that. You have a hole at the bottom with seals that can fail. No thanks. A normal gas can has no way of leaking just sitting there. Plus there is mechanical failure built in by adding a valve. More parts to fail just so you dont have to tip a can. Sorry, not for me.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #22
ChadFarr

Quote:
It doesnt leak now, but the potential is certainly there. There is no denying that. You have a hole at the bottom with seals that can fail. No thanks. A normal gas can has no way of leaking just sitting there. Plus there is mechanical failure built in by adding a valve. More parts to fail just so you dont have to tip a can. Sorry, not for me.
I'm working on year 3 and haven't had any issues... and I've got 2 of them. This is an innovative product that I highly recommend. We've used them containing C16 and E85. Go read the reviews! Don't be skeptical based upon your past experiences. Don't knock it till you try it! https://www.surecanusa.com/durability

Click & Follow My Build
Old 01-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #23
motorhead

Quote:
I'm working on year 3 and haven't had any issues... and I've got 2 of them. This is an innovative product that I highly recommend. We've used them containing C16 and E85. Go read the reviews! Don't be skeptical based upon your past experiences. Don't knock it till you try it! https://www.surecanusa.com/durability
Glad they are working out for you.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:00 AM   #24
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
Exactly what I use
Quote:
Same ones we use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAY IN IT View Post
Yep. Best I've found for all types of Motorsport use. Only gripe is you can occasionally end up with gas leaking out when pouring if your cap and vent caps aren't perfect, which is part of it with just about any gas can/jug

As mentioned, the hot set up is a large capacity tank with pump. (Ideally with tank mounted under the enclosed car trailer)
Oh.....I forgot, one other great thing about the VP jugs....they can hold 6 gallons.

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #25
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
Do VP jugs fit n our trunks? They look pretty tall.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:42 PM   #26
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Use these.....best ones for track days.
I have this type also, the rubber tubing really helps against spills. I have mine from my motorcycle track days
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #27
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
I dont think so. I measured truck at 18 inches. VP cans look to be 24 inches.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:38 AM   #28
bensf

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1Camaro View Post
I dont think so. I measured truck at 18 inches. VP cans look to be 24 inches.
I can get 4 VP jugs in the trunk by laying them on their side. It's enough fuel to last an entire track day and there is still enough space for helmet and tools. I put them in large trash bags in case there's a minor leak but no seepage so far.
Attached Images

bensf is offline   Reply With Quote