Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #141
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
A Lighter 450horse 5th gen. Basically evolve the 5th gen styling into the 6th gen.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #142
Ciscokid

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Dual screen color HUD
Remove analog gauges in the dash, all vehicle information should be accessed via the HUD

Carbon fiber accessory options

LED lighting options

Engine that runs on salt water
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #143
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
enough power to KICK FORD'S ASS
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #144
snakeeaterss

Drives: 2012 camaro ss black
More head room. Around 3400 lbs hopefully a lil shy of 480 hp. Maybe t tops I like t tops. Make a 700 hp zl1 . Maybe even the 7 speed manual off t he new C7. Bucket seets in the back as well as the front. I loved those on my gto. Bring back the ram air on the ss. Functional vents like the C7 .
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #145
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
hard top convertible
Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #146
JFWJR179

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
1. LS9 Engine from ZR1 Vette (at least)
2. Lose 300 pounds of weight
3. More color options

That will do
JFWJR179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #147
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Memory - Seats and Mirrors
Climate Control
A body style that doesn't make the rear quarter panels and doors look like they are two different colors
A boot cover for the top that isn't cheap looking. Something more like the Corvette conv that flips up and the top goes under it.
Air bags in front to pick it up when going in and out drive ways like Lambo's have
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #148
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
For starters, I'd like to see a Z/28 RPO with a next gen 427 CID N/A DI engine with cold air induction, close ratio 7 speed MT, 4 wheel brake ducting, 6 pot Brembo's, Pedders suspension, and body styling that of what the Corvette team brought to the table.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #149
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I like how you think.

I'd insist on the continued availability of at least 1LE-level chassis specs, but stop short of ZL1 dampers (unless the damping programming offered multiple choice and/or user tweaks).

Norm
Chevy should do exactly what Ford is doing IMO. The Benchmark for the 6th Generation Mustang GT is, allegedly to exceed, the Current BOSS 302. The next Generation Camaro SS/Z28 (Whichever it is, really the Z28 should be the track oriented model) should match or exceed the current 1LE Package. No more of that handling like a boat BS like the 2010+ Camaro without the 1LE Package...

I think Chevy should treat the Camaro more like the Corvette (Make Higher Trim option parts like PTM and Magnetic Ride Control Available on all model's or at the very least use Bilsteins on the SS/V6 to give an option between Firm and Soft Suspension on the Lower Trims.

Also get rid of the Automatic on the ZL1 and NA Track Models (Use either a Stick Shift or a Dual Clutch Transmission, However I doubt we will get that before the Corvette..., If that's not possible please match the feeling of the 370Z Automatic... It really knows how to kick you back in your seat on shifts)
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #150
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Chevy should do exactly what Ford is doing IMO. The Benchmark for the 6th Generation Mustang GT is, allegedly to exceed, the Current BOSS 302. The next Generation Camaro SS/Z28 (Whichever it is, really the Z28 should be the track oriented model) should match or exceed the current 1LE Package. No more of that handling like a boat BS like the 2010+ Camaro without the 1LE Package...

I think Chevy should treat the Camaro more like the Corvette (Make Higher Trim option parts like PTM and Magnetic Ride Control Available on all model's or at the very least use Bilsteins on the SS/V6 to give an option between Firm and Soft Suspension on the Lower Trims.
The ride of the 1LE and Boss can be somewhat harsh for the non-track daily-drivers out there buying GTs and SSs, though...I think it's a good thing to make such superior suspension calibrations optional.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #151
Gzilla

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS Silver Ice
Add to the 6th Generation Camaro

I would prefer my 6th Generation Camaro to have a Short Shifter come standard for the 6-speed Manual editions. Chevy may also want to consider a Targa top!
Gzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #152
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The ride of the 1LE and Boss can be somewhat harsh for the non-track daily-drivers out there buying GTs and SSs, though...I think it's a good thing to make such superior suspension calibrations optional.
Well the nice thing about the Boss 302 over the 1LE IMO is that you can adjust the suspension to soften it up (I can't for the help of me though remember if that is only on the Laguna Seca or across the Boss Line up). However a track oriented car will always be a lot stiffer than than say the GT or SS without 1LE. However the weigh loss should seriously benefit both cars in the handling department. They won't need as stiff of suspension with the weight loss! Again why I said make Bilstein Adjustable's available for the lower trims or allow MSRC as an option (at least on the higher trims)
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #153
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Well the nice thing about the Boss 302 over the 1LE IMO is that you can adjust the suspension to soften it up (I can't for the help of me though remember if that is only on the Laguna Seca or across the Boss Line up). However a track oriented car will always be a lot stiffer than than say the GT or SS without 1LE. However the weigh loss should seriously benefit both cars in the handling department. They won't need as stiff of suspension with the weight loss! Again why I said make Bilstein Adjustable's available for the lower trims or allow MSRC as an option (at least on the higher trims)
I understand what you're saying.

I guess what I was getting at was that I think it was wise of both Ford and Chevy to build the GT and SS with slightly more compliant suspensions for the sake of ride-quality for the masses. For that minority of us that would appreciate and use a stiffer, more sporty suspension could opt for the more expensive equipment. But this time, offer those packages from the get-go, instead of three years later.

Even the bilstein adjustable shocks can be pricey for a 'base' model of these cars. And as I understand it, they have two modes; stiff and stiffer.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #154
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I understand what you're saying.

I guess what I was getting at was that I think it was wise of both Ford and Chevy to build the GT and SS with slightly more compliant suspensions for the sake of ride-quality for the masses. For that minority of us that would appreciate and use a stiffer, more sporty suspension could opt for the more expensive equipment. But this time, offer those packages from the get-go, instead of three years later.

Even the bilstein adjustable shocks can be pricey for a 'base' model of these cars. And as I understand it, they have two modes; stiff and stiffer.

I can speak from my experience with driving an M3 (with Bilsteins) as well as my GT500 it's actually quite a difference between the two suspension modes. It's undoubtedly stiffer than say MSRC but not to the degree that some people say (of course I have a different idea of what is stiff compared to the average person, my Camaro for example is looser than Pam Anderson IMO)

I agree that it would probably be too much of a cost to be standard unfortunately...

And yes I just started a GIF war with you!!!

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation