Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #169
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I make no claims on scientific veracity of this statement:

I read somewhere that long-term smoking constricts the penis, making it slightly smaller. Quitting allows more bloodflow and reverses this.

Now, THAT is what should be on those warning labels.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #170
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodsally
Stands to reason ... No pun untended.

Viva Las Vegas!
hotrodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #171
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
I make no claims on scientific veracity of this statement:

I read somewhere that long-term smoking constricts the penis, making it slightly smaller. Quitting allows more bloodflow and reverses this.

Now, THAT is what should be on those warning labels.
They should just have a picture of kate upton in a bathing suit saying, "I don't like smokers"

0 male smokers left in the USA.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #172
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodsally
Hey!!! How are all you quitters doing?

Viva Las Vegas!
hotrodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #173
5ohcamaro

Drives: 2012 black 1LS Camaro
Well my wife and I had stopped smoking for 3 months. But then work was stressing her out (military) and me being with her got me into smoking again.. :/
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #174
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ohcamaro View Post
Well my wife and I had stopped smoking for 3 months. But then work was stressing her out (military) and me being with her got me into smoking again.. :/
That sucks. But at least you know you can do it and can try again under better circumstances.

I am right at the three month mark (stopped in early May). So far so good but it isn't easy - especially after a meal or with morning coffee.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #175
Meated

Drives: audi r8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
My wife hated me when I smoked she kept telling me to quit. I would quit for a year then i would pick up a beer and it came along with a smoke. Had my 1st child and I quit again after his 1st birthday I picked it up again. I did tell my wife once we have another baby I would quit once he/she was born. Well it's been since 2005 since I had a smoke and I feel much better. I quit cold turkey I noticed gas prices were going up so I would just go to the gas station. And instead of buying a pack of smokes I would just but gas instead until i have no more money in my wallet. I did pick up a smoke called black cigarettes for this new years but i couldn't even smoke half of it.

i would never smoke in my camaro so this is a goodway to quit smoking don't smoke in ur camaro.
Smoking cigarette is not good for own health and also the others. We should stay away from is how we can. And i think quitting it in not so hard. Just we have to determine.
Meated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #176
Meated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
My wife hated me when I smoked she kept telling me to quit. I would quit for a year then i would pick up a beer and it came along with a smoke. Had my 1st child and I quit again after his 1st birthday I picked it up again. I did tell my wife once we have another baby I would quit once he/she was born. Well it's been since 2005 since I had a smoke and I feel much better. I quit cold turkey I noticed gas prices were going up so I would just go to the gas station. And instead of buying a pack of smokes I would just but gas instead until i have no more money in my wallet. I did pick up a smoke called black cigarettes for this new years but i couldn't even smoke half of it.

i would never smoke in my camaro so this is a goodway to quit smoking don't smoke in ur camaro.
Smoking cigarette is not good for own health and also the others. We should stay away from is how we can. And i think quitting it in not so hard. Just we have to determine what we are doing.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #177
Meated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsally View Post
I quit smoking many years back. I was just getting over a particularly nasty bug one winter and was on my way to the fridge to get something to eat after 3 days of hell, when I grabbed a cigarette (the first one in 3 days) and lit it up. It felt like I was sticking a knife down my throat. I crunched it out in an ashtray and proceeded to crush and toss the remaining half-pack and another spare pack into the trash and never looked back.

Within a day or two I was at coffee shop having coffee and kept the little plastic stir stick and started chewing on it. Amazingly, it satisfied that hand to mouth motion. For the next 6 months or so, those plastic stir sticks became the surrogate for cigarettes.

Here's the good stuff that happens as a result of quitting in addition to the obvious stuff like improved health for you and those around you (including your furbabies) and the money factor:

1) Your sense of taste and smell improves.

2) Your clothes and hair no longer smell of smoke.

3) You may have to clean carpets/upholstery/drapes to get the smoke out of them, but that's a good thing (see number 1).

4) Your lips no longer taste like burnt tobacco, making you more kissable .

5) When you wake up in the morning your mouth won't taste like somebody washed an ashtray in it.

6) You'll feel better and have more energy.

7) Your accompishment is of you, by you and for you. No one can ever take that away. Ever.

8) You'll be less stressed. You don't worry about being down to your last half pack of cigarettes or running to the store late at night to make sure you have a cigarette to smoke in the morning when you get up. You won't have to seek out "Smoking Areas."

9) You'll look better.

10) You'll open new doors socially (a lot of non-smokers flat out avoid smokers).

11) As a non-smoker you'll pay less in health care and insurance premiums.

12) You can through away your ashtrays.

13) You won't worry about starting a fire while driving because you won't need to flick the ashes out the window.

14) No more "burn holes" in your clothes and upholstery.

15) When some one asks if you smoke, you can say, "NOPE!"

The list goes on and on.

There is no downside to quitting. A lot of people are concerned about weight gain. If you can find a no-cal surrogate ( no wise a$$ remarks please ), like a stir stick, you might avoid weight gain alltogether, but even if you gain a few pounds, dumping that weight will be a breeze with all your new found energy.

Good luck! You can do it!
Actually smoking cigarette is not good for own health and also the others. We should stay away from is how we can. And i think quitting it in not so hard. Just we have to determine what we have to do.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #178
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quitters never win, and I'm so kidding.

I just stopped in to throw a little support to anyone quitting. I gave it up in early 2000, haven't had a cig since. Can't, I know if I have one I might as well buy a carton because I'll just be a smoker again. Wasn't easy, but after a few months the cravings pretty much went away, pretty much. Even 14 years later I'll still get a mild one. But that got better when I left the bar business and I'm not around smoke so much anymore.

I always hear people say, "I've smoke for six years" and the next guy will say "well wait til you've smoked for 10 years" and the next one will say "wait til you've smoked for 20 year" as if the 10 or 20 year man can't quit. That's not true. It's a mindset. I can tell you I went cold turkey, with much planning. I set out several weeks in advance, picked the day I was quitting, smoke two packs of Marlboro Reds that day, crumpled up what I had left and threw it in the garbage at 5:00 pm and that was it.

Good luck to all.