Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #29
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well, I've read that issue has finally been put to rest with the latest models, but yes...owners of vehicles using the LY7, or LLT from somewhere around mid 2000's through 2011, and MAYBE even the 2012 LFX have that to worry about.

But it should not be something to worry about for the future.

Come on GM...I want a 340HP V6 in a 3,400lb car, so I can mod it to 370 - 380 HP lol . That'd be one sweet little V6....all for mid to upper $20s
Yep. That would make a really fun daily driver. I would love to see a NA V-6 in the sixth gen myself.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #30
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
there will definitly be a v6 option
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
there will definitly be a v6 option
I hope you are right. Time will tell!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
v6_camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
V8 is what most people dreamed of including myself when I bought my camaro but I settled for a V6 because of the $4.80/gallon here in SoCal. Besides, for most people 323 hp is more than enough. I also noticed the slight advantage with a V6 is that it's lighter and with suspension and intake upgrades, it's a good track car.
v6_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #33
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Honestly the more I see it, look at all the V6s is in different cars, theyre putting out sold HP and fuel economy, I dont see why GM would remove the V6 option all together.
At the end of the day, the 2LS gets 30mpg
Cant expect a sports car to be getting 40mpg.
Thats why theyres different segments.
I think GM would be making a big mistake trying to dilute the Camaro for more fuel econ and yes I know the 4cyl Turbos can make a strong car but it also didnt make sense in the 5th gen, they tried it.
The v6 always seems to be the upper vairant to 4cyl models and I dont see that changing. Atleast I hope not.

Personally wouldnt want to HEAR a 4cyl Camaro, guess this is how the V8 guys feel about us
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #34

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Honestly the more I see it, look at all the V6s is in different cars, theyre putting out sold HP and fuel economy, I dont see why GM would remove the V6 option all together.
At the end of the day, the 2LS gets 30mpg
Cant expect a sports car to be getting 40mpg.
Thats why theyres different segments.
I think GM would be making a big mistake trying to dilute the Camaro for more fuel econ and yes I know the 4cyl Turbos can make a strong car but it also didnt make sense in the 5th gen, they tried it.
The v6 always seems to be the upper vairant to 4cyl models and I dont see that changing. Atleast I hope not.

Personally wouldnt want to HEAR a 4cyl Camaro, guess this is how the V8 guys feel about us
I hope they keep the V-6 as well...I sort of look at them these days as having the niche of the "small(er)" blocks that we can't get anymore...

With only one V-8 available, the V-6 more than amply fills the need for another engine option...Looks like the I-4 is gonna happen, just think if it kills the V-6, it's a classic case of fixing something that isn't broke...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...New Caddy V-6 TT is out...looks awesome...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #36
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
One thing I would hate would be a 7 or 8 speed transmission since it would shift too much.
See if I've got this straight - people want tap-shift in order to emulate the 3-pedal conventional MT driving experience, but only to a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Besides, if GM Camaro team is REALLY listening, as they have said they are, and the Camaro disciples have said they are, and Scott (Fbodfather) says they are, then this is a great outlet to show them what we want.
I'm sure that they're listening. What matters is how much weight they're willing to give the opinions of us enthusiasts relative to whatever the lowest-common-denominator transportation-appliance buyer expects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
I'd like to see a Supercharged Direct Injection 3800 V6 as an option.
IMO one of the best engine built.
You do realize that the 3800/3.8/nee 231 is basically a late 1950's design, don't you? There is no longer sufficient reason for a V6 to have the V8's 90° design.

Quote:
Sooner or later, somebody was going to say that. What's funny now that 4's of any configuration are likely, sixxer fans are actually starting to get support from the V8 segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
If the LT1 is 450hp and they offered a turbo 4 base engine, then maybe the tt 6 they have been working on around 370hp, that would be very cool.
TT to get only 370-ish HP because you can't be crowding the 450 HP V8 doesn't seem worth the effort. It would be even harder to justify as a midpoint between a NA V6 and the V8 than the NA V6 is between a turbo-4 and the V8.

Dunno, maybe an uprated NA V6 fitted as the manual transmission entry point and the turbo-4 with the automatics is a possibility. Still only two combinations to certify. The sixxer would be better at very low revs where you'd really rather not have to downshift no matter who you are (trust me on this point). And the AT would keep you out of such situations at least when driven in full automatic mode (like most buyers really would) and you'd be into boost almost instantly.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #37
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Interesting.....
2014 Cadillac CTS to pack twin-turbo V6

Top engine option rated a 420 hp, uses 8-speed automatic

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...#ixzz2NvCpDLaI
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
Easy Go

Drives: LLT MV5 B34 N65... period.
With the next-gen architecture and thrust-to-weight ratio (not to mention fuel economy), only fringe Camaro customers (1%-ers?) would find a TT V6 "lacking". There's always the C7 Vette if "Ummmmm... well...... it's just not enough for me".

Having said that, the Camaro vs. Mustang rivalry might prompt V8 consideration amongst GM's "Car Guys and Gals".

We shall see...
In the early morning... when there's only a mere suggestion that the sun is going to bother coming up at all that day - a CGM blur accompanied by the anthem of 312 horses awakens the morning commuters from their NPR-induced stupor. Charging past the front lines in an all-or-nothing battle cry that the King has returned...
Easy Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #39
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
It'll be interesting to see it the TT V6 makes it into the next Camaro. My first instinct would be, no, it won't because TT V6 is going to be an expensive engine to build and the V8 offers similar performance for less money.

On the other hand, economies of scale would suggest that GM will try to recoup it investment in this TT V6 by offering it in more than just the CTS. Obviously, the ATS and the XTS are possible candidates for offering the engine. Some theoretical Alpha-platform Buick (Grand National?) might also be a possibility. And, then, of course, there's the Camaro. We'll see...
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #40
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
LF3 TT6 is the next plug and play variant of high performance, coming to just about everything in a neighborhood near you in the not too distant future.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #41
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
GM needs to bring back the LL8 and put it in trucks and cars too.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #42
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
GM needs to bring back the LL8 and put it in trucks and cars too.
Fair game.....

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation