Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-14-2017, 07:17 PM   #29
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Ok, I took the stock intake setup and the entire soundtube (from the front of the engine to firewall). They only weigh 10.5lbs total.
Awesome, appreciate that!

Meaning only a 5 lb weight reduction at best....
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:46 PM   #30
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Man I wasn't saying anything bad about the intake or the people who are buying them. Just saying its quite a bit compared to the competition for an intake that was outperformed by some of the competition for less. Also $700 for a carbon fiber intake isn't bad, Weistec's intake for the W205 C63 is over $1500. Your money, your choice. Except if you buy a Mustang. Then I'll say something
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:47 AM   #31
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Pretty sweet part! Haters going to hate. It especially funny when the haters are Mopar guys on a Camaro board talking about an aftermarket part. He'd have to buy a Camaro first before he didn't buy this...

-Geoff
I never said anything about hating anything or anyone. Ive owned three gen5 camaros and dozens of other GM products. WGAF. I came back here trying to help my father-in-law find answers to a couple of issues he's having with his Gen6, and Im thinking of going back to a Camaro. None of this should matter on making an opinion that a part isnt worth the cost for all the more benefit you get other than to say you have one. To me, if my post wakes someone up to not wasting $750.00 for little performance benefit then it was worth the few that got butt hurt because I didnt agree with them. I didnt need to actually own a Camaro to see the waste. Ive been in racing and the hotrod came a long time.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #32
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
What does a rotofab weigh
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #33
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I never said anything about hating anything or anyone.
From Urban Dictionary.

Quote:
Hater:

A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesn't really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock someone else down a notch.
-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #34
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
From Urban Dictionary.

-Geoff
I'm not urban. Even that definition doesn't fit. I was about a part being a waste. Not a person. Do you know the definition of, never mind. Lol
Old 12-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #35
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Lol, this guy's never been on the internet before.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #36
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Lol, this guy's never been on the internet before.
What's the internets? Lol. Come on fellas ,piece. I'll buy you all a beer sometime.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #37
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
Awesome, appreciate that!

Meaning only a 5 lb weight reduction at best....
If I’m worried about 5lbs that much I’ll eat some salads and take my fat ass to the gym a few times.

Planet fitness membership is $10 a month say I go for a year + their yearly fee of $40 = $160 and day the average salad cost $7 I end up with roughly 85 salads. Gonna save a lot more than $5 for the money.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:41 AM   #38
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Since when did car forums start getting SJW's on them? You guys seriously think that consumer opinion about a particular company, product or service should be silenced and we should hand out participation trophies to anyone that creates a product that half or more of the respondents don't like (for any reason they wish, their voice, their choice).

Alright guys, the next time someone releases another for our cars, even if it is worthless or overpriced, let's all be very sensitive their the products' and the companies feelings. Only post happy thoughts. Critical comments will not be allowed.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Since when did car forums start getting SJW's on them? You guys seriously think that consumer opinion about a particular company, product or service should be silenced and we should hand out participation trophies to anyone that creates a product that half or more of the respondents don't like (for any reason they wish, their voice, their choice).

Alright guys, the next time someone releases another for our cars, even if it is worthless or overpriced, let's all be very sensitive their the products' and the companies feelings. Only post happy thoughts. Critical comments will not be allowed.
Well...critical comments and critical comments of the critical comments are both allowed! The coin flips both ways.

Interestingly, I don't think there was a single comment in here that they'd buy it, or already have it. And that is telling...
Old 01-14-2023, 01:31 PM   #40
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
Thats alot of cheese

Just get a K$N drop in filter for $50. Just as effective.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote